Submitting Proof of Vaccination to Princess

lx200gps

Question for those folks lucky enough to be sailing on Princess in the next few months, such as those sailing to Alaska starting later this month. Princess is clear in requiring proof of vaccination prior to sailing. Exactly how are you submitting your proof (only through the app, by Email, through your TA etc), how far in advance are you submitting it, and very importantly, does Princess provide formal proof of receipt and acceptance of your submitted proof. The Princess website is clear that you would be denied boarding even at the terminal if you failed to submit "proper" proof, but from everyone's experiences here on CC, there are very many different "proof" documents out there.

I ask because I am in a situation where my proof has been somewhat corrupted by an existing, known error in our province's Vaccination database (and yes, it's currently under investigation). My wife has complete and correct proof of vaccination, including her QR code, but I am not able to generate the same document. I do have a manually generated paper document, but it does not appear as the same proof most others have. I'd therefore like to know well in advance whether Princess accepts my proof, and not find out until arriving at the terminal.

19 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Question for those folks lucky enough to be sailing on Princess in the next few months, such as those sailing to Alaska starting later this month. Princess is clear in requiring proof of vaccination prior to sailing. Exactly how are you submitting your proof (only through the app, by Email, through your TA etc), how far in advance are you submitting it, and very importantly, does Princess provide formal proof of receipt and acceptance of your submitted proof. The Princess website is clear that you would be denied boarding even at the terminal if you failed to submit "proper" proof, but from everyone's experiences here on CC, there are very many different "proof" documents out there.

I ask because I am in a situation where my proof has been somewhat corrupted by an existing, known error in our province's Vaccination database (and yes, it's currently under investigation). My wife has complete and correct proof of vaccination, including her QR code, but I am not able to generate the same document. I do have a manually generated paper document, but it does not appear as the same proof most others have. I'd therefore like to know well in advance whether Princess accepts my proof, and not find out until arriving at the terminal.

You mention province. Are you in Ontario?

2 hours ago, pms4104 said:

Sadly, don't think Princess has yet indicated what would serve as acceptable proof ... and restart is less than 3 weeks out.

Princess is exceptionally clear what acceptable proof is. 
https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/

@lx200gps I am sailing July 25. I have my original vaccination card as outlined in the above link to the Princess website FAQs. I am also bringing a few other documents and will ask if those are acceptable. I will post the response after boarding and settling in on the live from thread that I will start July 24. 

As of now we are told to bring our proof of vaccination to port at check in.

We will fill out a health questionnaire 72 hours before sailing where we will attest to our vaccination status. Once that becomes available I will post if they require you to upload proof to the MC ap like our passports. As of now we have not been told this will be the case though. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/

@lx200gps I am sailing July 25. I have my original vaccination card as outlined in the above link to the Princess website FAQs. I am also bringing a few other documents and will ask if those are acceptable. I will post the response after boarding and settling in on the live from thread that I will start July 24. 

We will fill out a health questionnaire 72 hours before sailing where we will attest to our vaccination status. Once that becomes available I will post if they require you to upload proof to the MC ap like our passports. As of now we have not been told this will be the case though. 

Thank you for the info ... 

• Like 1

During his last webinar, John Chernesky said that at some point they may have us upload our proof to the MedallionClass app.  But that functionality isn't there yet and all they have said thus far is that we need to take along our acceptable proof and present it at the port.

We are sailing to Alaska on August 8th and I've been following this closely as well since my DH received his jabs through an Astrazeneca clinical trial.  Until yesterday he did not have the usual CDC card that is widely accepted as valid proof here in the USA.  But the trial finally received word that they could issue the cards and I breathed a sign of relief when the card arrived in the mail yesterday.  So I can relate to what you are going through.

Hope you are able to sort it all out and get the proof you need so you can cruise.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Thanks, had already read that. The problem is, and yes, I'm being overly cautious, is that my wife and I, with exactly the same vaccination history, have very different "proofs", hence my concern that some overly cautious bureaucrat would notice that, flag it, and cause us grief at embarkation. That's why I would prefer to have Princess's blessing in advance of our departure for the port.

• Like 1

We are sailing August 8th and have not been asked to upload our passports.  Everything is good in the app and we have our QRcode to scan at check in.

We sailed in Dec 2019, perhaps they have it on file?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

We are sailing August 8th and have not been asked to upload our passports.  Everything is good in the app and we have our QRcode to scan at check in.

We sailed in Dec 2019, perhaps they have it on file?

You should be able to see the passport you scanned previously in the app.  I suspect it is there if you have the QR code.

• Like 2

QR code in the app says to bring our medallions and passports which is probably the same for everybody. Weird I’m scared to try scanning it to see if it opens lol.

New is a request for our travel information bought our flights this week finally,  got tired of waiting to hear any news about the border.  Guess I’ll hold off on that until the current no go expires July 21st.   Also booked our antigen tests at the airport so I think unless something else pops up we are good to go and just wait now.

26 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

QR code in the app says to bring our medallions and passports which is probably the same for everybody. Weird I’m scared to try scanning it to see if it opens lol.

New is a request for our travel information bought our flights this week finally,  got tired of waiting to hear any news about the border.  Guess I’ll hold off on that until the current no go expires July 21st.   Also booked our antigen tests at the airport so I think unless something else pops up we are good to go and just wait now.

Yes, I see the new travel information input but that is failing for me so I've written to the Ocean folks.  It's like they keep throwing hurdles in front of us to clear before we can cruise!  Fingers crossed that the news is good on the 21st and you will be able to join us.

4 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Thanks, had already read that. The problem is, and yes, I'm being overly cautious, is that my wife and I, with exactly the same vaccination history, have very different "proofs", hence my concern that some overly cautious bureaucrat would notice that, flag it, and cause us grief at embarkation.

I have a glossy card, slightly larger than a business card.  It has a printed label (laser text) stuck on it, and some random initials.

I think any junior high school student could take a 5 minute break from creating fake liquor store IDs, and knock out

as many of these cards as I need.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Looks like this thread is being diverted into discussions of passports and other pre-cruise preparation, instead of staying on the subject of pre-cruise vaccination documentation.

Welcome to cruise critic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Roberto256 said:

I have a glossy card, slightly larger than a business card.  It has a printed label (laser text) stuck on it, and some random initials.

I think any junior high school student could take a 5 minute break from creating fake liquor store IDs, and knock out

as many of these cards as I need.

Looks like they may have to start requiring proof from state or county databases if there are a lot of fake cards.  If too many people get sick or die on board then cruising becomes a thing of the past

I requested our state department of public health form (IRIS) showing all vaccinations.  In Iowa it's really easy and good to have back up beyond the card.  I would assume every state has something like this.  

• Like 2

I have my CDC Covid 19 vaccination card.  But I also have the shot info recorded with my Primary Care physician's office.  I plan on printing that and bringing it with me.  To the OP check your local doctor's office and see if they have it registered.  In the United States the local Pharmacy are supposed to send your vaccination dates and dose to your doctor's office.  Hope this helps

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

Yes, I see the new travel information input but that is failing for me so I've written to the Ocean folks.  It's like they keep throwing hurdles in front of us to clear before we can cruise!  Fingers crossed that the news is good on the 21st and you will be able to join us.

I figured out that the airport information issue is that they have only input up to midway through the "C"'s for airports. Give it a few more days, then info can go in 🙂

• Like 1

Anyone with a janky vaccine card know how to get proof from the state of NC? Mine is half pencil half ink. I think I might be able to get proof from my doctor's office and will be there next week and can ask but just checking to see if anyone has come across the answer.

1 hour ago, jwattle said:

I figured out that the airport information issue is that they have only input up to midway through the "C"'s for airports. Give it a few more days, then info can go in 🙂

I was just able to enter Seattle in to mine. Maybe your app was taking a longer time to download and cache the info?

32 minutes ago, fluffybunny22 said:

Anyone with a janky vaccine card know how to get proof from the state of NC? Mine is half pencil half ink. I think I might be able to get proof from my doctor's office and will be there next week and can ask but just checking to see if anyone has come across the answer.

https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/covid-19-vaccine-portal-residents