Not sold in the USA or Unique Liquor

Hello , fellow cruisers time to start cruising and looking for unique liquor at all Caribbean ports.  I will start off with Hennessy White , not available in the U.S. but easily found in Mexico . I am looking for suggestions for all of the Caribbean ports . Eastern , Western , Southern , Thanks for taking the time to reply

11 minutes ago, mexicobob said:

What is special about Hennessy White? 

Excellent question m.b.! That piqued my interest so I went a searching and I came up with this. Justhavinfun is correct. Hennessy White is rarely found anywhere EXCEPT  in France and the Caribbean:

"Hennessy Pure White is a Cognac that's generally sold only in the Caribbean, and, of course, in Cognac, France. Many people get to taste it when on vacation–perhaps in Barbados or the Bahamas–and then try to buy it from their local liquor store on their return home.

Many people wonder, due to the difficulty of getting hold of a bottle, we often get contacted by fans who say: White Hennessy is really hard to find near me, and where can I buy it? Unfortunately, we do not sell this item. "

https://www.cognac-expert.com/vs-cognac/hennessy-vs-cognac-pure-white

I thought that very interesting, and I learned something! I'm gonna have to try me out some of that stuff! :classic_laugh:

Big Black Dick's rum in Grand Cayman is tasty!  I always get several bottles when we go there.  Managed to get 6 home last time, with no casualties!  Several flavors, coconut is my favorite.

Definitely a conversation starter on your bar shelf.  And do be careful how you word your search should you try to Google it 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

We tried Bambarra Rum at Jack's shack in Grand Turk.  My husband really liked it and I told him we could probably buy some on the ship or at home.  Well, it's only sold in Grand Turk so on our next trip we bought a couple of bottles.

3 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Not liquor, but many caribbean islands have beers made locally that are only offered on that island.  Here's a random link (no endorsement implied):  Caribbean Beer 101: The Brews of the Tropics - Travel Addicts

Awesome! Does Carnival’s policy for bringing bottles back on board from ports include 6-packs of beer? Are bottles and cans both allowed? I understand alcohol purchases must be checked in.

5 minutes ago, cruisehappyinJune said:

Does Carnival’s policy for bringing bottles back on board from ports include 6-packs of beer? Are bottles and cans both allowed? I understand alcohol purchases must be checked in.

I have no experience with this, but after a scan through Carnival's alcohol policy online at https://www.carnival.com/help?topicid=2633 , I don't think any beer is allowed to be brought on board from ports.  But I'm happy to defer to someone with experience.

39 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

I have no experience with this, but after a scan through Carnival's alcohol policy online at https://www.carnival.com/help?topicid=2633 , I don't think any beer is allowed to be brought on board from ports.  But I'm happy to defer to someone with experience.

In Barbados they sell six packs of Banks Beer in the cruise terminal....I have brought loose beers like one bottle of Piton Beer...just gave it to Security...

• Thanks 1

Glenfiddich Select Cask Single Malt (Scotch) is only found in certain Duty Free shops (primarily in airports).   As a Scotch drinker I also enjoy visiting Gulmahar's Liquor Store (right on the main street in Philipsburg, St Maarten where the owner has one of the best collections of Scotch in the hemisphere.  They have actually try to have every scotch that is currently made and come very close.  Every time I go in that store I walk out with a bottle of Scotch that I cannot find in the USA.

Hank

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JEANMR1 said:

How about Sheridan? Can’t buy in the us. 

yum

1890DC04-F403-4261-8E31-7E941983A57A.jpeg

If you have a Trader Joe’s close, they have a Cold Brew Cream and Coffee Liqueur that tastes just like Sheridan’s

• Like 1

This is mostly for Jamaica, but probably for most isles: Once you get off the tourist track, many bars will have a local overproof rum. Not usually sold by the bottle and you probably couldn’t bring it on the ship even if it were. And to be honest, not anything a booze snob would enjoy. But having a shot or two in the bar is an experience not to be missed. 

7 hours ago, DenaInWyo said:

Big Black Dick's rum in Grand Cayman is tasty!  I always get several bottles when we go there.  Managed to get 6 home last time, with no casualties!  Several flavors, coconut is my favorite.

Definitely a conversation starter on your bar shelf.  And do be careful how you word your search should you try to Google it 😉

We also bought this in St Thomas.

14 hours ago, justhavingfun said:

Hello , fellow cruisers time to start cruising and looking for unique liquor at all Caribbean ports.  I will start off with Hennessy White , not available in the U.S. but easily found in Mexico . I am looking for suggestions for all of the Caribbean ports . Eastern , Western , Southern , Thanks for taking the time to reply

We shopped the Southern Caribbean for White Hennessy and found it in several ports.

St Thomas, St Maarten, Barbados, St Lucia..prices varied....but not by much.

5 hours ago, crzndeb said:

If you have a Trader Joe’s close, they have a Cold Brew Cream and Coffee Liqueur that tastes just like Sheridan’s

I'm going to check the Silverdale TJ's next time I go ----looks yummy!

• Like 1