Check-in/Princess Medallion

Capt Krunch

What has happened to the check-in feature on the Princess web site?

I do not use an iphone and cannot check-in as usual to get my boarding pass and luggage tags.

So what do I have to do now to check-in?

The previous Princess check-in isn't on the web site anymore.

Can anyone help me out?

Thank you. 

• Like 1

Please see the Medallion thread at the top of the Princess board.  It is a "sticky" thread so is always near the top of the page.  Princess.com website also has the information if you login and bring up your voyage in Cruise Personalizer.  You need to use the Medallion Class app on a suitable smart device in order to do the check-in process.

• Like 1

If you have a tablet, you can also download the MedallionClass app onto that and complete your check in process via that device.  It doesn’t have to be a smart phone.  but, it wont work on a really old device.  
If you are at a loss for access to either type of device, I think you will need to contact Princess to enter your information manually.  

This topic has been beaten to death.  You will have a separate line to check in at the pier if you don't use an app and have not checked in.  You can call Princess and they will input your info and assign you a boarding time in advance if you don't want to wait until you get to the pier. 

• Like 3

Capt Krunch

Do you have a smart phone or smart device? If yes, then download the medallion class app from the app store. Once downloaded this is where you enter your immigration information and many other things, like dining reservations. If you do not have a smart phone or device then you have to call Princess to have information entered manually. You can no longer enter this information on a PC based operating system.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

If you have a tablet, you can also download the MedallionClass app onto that and complete your check in process via that device.  It doesn’t have to be a smart phone.  but, it wont work on a really old device.  

It doesn't have to be a really old device. My smart phone is a couple of years old and the Android version on it doesn't support the new App. It wasn't a very expensive phone though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

This topic has been beaten to death.

So true.  I think many people are not looking at Princess.com, which has the info.  And then come here and don't seem to notice the threads already in play.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

One problem is that for those who have problems there has been a lack of support. My wife who uses an iPhone 12 has multiple problems with they app and reached out for support and was told your cruise is not till January call back in a few months we are too busy

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

This topic has been beaten to death.  You will have a separate line to check in at the pier if you don't use an app and have not checked in.  You can call Princess and they will input your info and assign you a boarding time in advance if you don't want to wait until you get to the pier. 

It would be nice if those of us who know  have patience with those do don't.    This topic will need to addressed many more times as more folks coming back to cruising.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

So true.  I think many people are not looking at Princess.com, which has the info.  And then come here and don't seem to notice the threads already in play.

I don't think these comments are helpful.   We all need to help those who are confused.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, pris993 said:

I don't think these comments are helpful.   We all need to help those who are confused.

I think I help a lot on here where I can and I do think members who are Princess customers could do a modicum of research first such as being familiar with the latest news and developments from Princess on Princess.com website.

• Like 4

The person who shows up with a fully-paid-for cruise and no working app might be me.  I’m on the first cruise to Alaska on the Majestic Princess, two weeks from today.  I opened a ticket with Princess IT 3 weeks ago, and have heard nothing.  Let’s see what happens!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

You will have a separate line to check in at the pier if you don't use an app and have not checked in.

I have seen where Princess has said you could complete the pre-cruise info at check-in if necessary, but I not seen where it said they would have a separate line for this.

Can you point me to where they mention the separate line?

I have not been allocated a cabin number yet for my cruise in 60 days. If the medallion opens your cabin will I not be sent one until my cabin is allocated ?  I know on other cruise lines sometimes a cabin is not allocated until a day or two before sailing, or even at the pier. 

I have downloaded the medallion app but not yet completed the details. Final payment is due this week so I will complete it then.  

7 hours ago, memoak said:

I want to know what happens to the first person who shows up on the pier with a fully paid for cruise and nothing on the app 

Princess will have agents at the terminal to assist those at checkin. Bring all required documents with you and print out your Travel Summary that shows your booking & payment. It is on Princess website in the Personalizer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caribill said:

I have seen where Princess has said you could complete the pre-cruise info at check-in if necessary, but I not seen where it said they would have a separate line for this.

This has been in the email responses that some of us got when we contacted customer relations at Princess cruises . Com. 

8 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I think I help a lot on here where I can and I do think members who are Princess customers could do a modicum of research first such as being familiar with the latest news and developments from Princess on Princess.com website.

I agree that you assist a lot.

I think that before starting a thread people should have a look at the existing thread titles, even if only the first page to see the very current hot topics. There are a heap of Medallion thread topics on page 1 which should alert people that all is not right and may be worth a read before starting another thread.

Just my two cents worth.

• Like 1

One problem is that Princess has not updated their information. The FAQ states "In advance of your cruise, visit Cruise Personalizer® to confirm your booking is complete, tell us any special needs, pre-reserve shore excursions, specialty dining, relaxing spa treatments or print your travel documents." They need an Ocean Medallion App FAQ.  Also it is difficult to find answers on CC. There is  "Ocean Medallion App - Part 3" where is Part 1 and 2?  There is "Ocean Medallion Questions - Part 2" where is part 1?  With my dyslexia it is difficult to read thru 50 pages to get an answer to a question.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, memoak said:

One problem is that for those who have problems there has been a lack of support. My wife who uses an iPhone 12 has multiple problems with they app and reached out for support and was told your cruise is not till January call back in a few months we are too busy

Totally unacceptable response ... after that, I'd likely move on (to another line) and not look back 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, caribill said:

4 hours ago, dog said:

This has been in the email responses that some of us got when we contacted customer relations at Princess cruises . Com. 

Seems pretty obvious that those passengers with MC App fully Green are going to be expedited and they are likely going to need a small team of specially trained  agents to process the guests who only have paper documents.  Seems little difference from pre-Covid when there was a line for those who had Medallions in-hand versus those who had to or chose to pick it up at the port terminal.

13 hours ago, memoak said:

Just a heads up. I have an iPhone 12 and had no problem inputting all our information into the app. It may not be the iPhone 12 but the app. Hopefully, since you cruise in January, it will all be straightened out by then. 
Cheers, Denise

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Seems pretty obvious that those passengers with MC App fully Green are going to be expedited and they are likely going to need a small team of specially trained  agents to process the guests who only have paper documents.  Seems little difference from pre-Covid when there was a line for those who had Medallions in-hand versus those who had to or chose to pick it up at the port terminal.

A "small team" ?. It will be very interesting  to see how many cruisers arrive at a port needing this "special line".

• Like 2

8 hours ago, caribill said:

When you call Ocean ready they will confirm this

844-525-0942

I spoke with Kevin and he told me there would be a dedicated crew member on board who would teach those who saw him how to down load the app and use it.  Princess does have a contingency plan for us tech dummies. He also told me I could call in around final payment for dining reservation (don't need I have CC) and get a boarding time assignment and input anything else that needs input. 

Edited by cruzsnooze
  • Like 2