Water Fountains

Pre Covid....you could fill a glass (paper or plastic) with water/ice water...then use that to fill your water bottle.  Never fill your bottle directly.  

Not sure how it works now, but may be manned water station which is common...though would still work the same way.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Pre Covid....you could fill a glass (paper or plastic) with water/ice water...then use that to fill your water bottle.  Never fill your bottle directly.  

Not sure how it works now, but may be manned water station which is common...though would still work the same way.  

Personally, I just put mine under the water and fill it.......isn't that the way?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

Personally, I just put mine under the water and fill it.......isn't that the way?

where we live, in schools, they still have all water fountains wrapped in miles of Saran Wrap.  Looks ridiculous but it stops people from using them.  I would expect any type of self-serve beverage dispensers on the ship to be manned by crew for the next few months at least.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

Even Pre Covid the ship did not want you filling your personal water bottle directly at the water dispensers...contamination if you touch the nozzle.   Makes sense actually.  Same as taking a used plate back up to the buffet...supposed to take a fresh plate there.  

Suggested that you fill a cup, then take that to fill your personal water bottle.  

Though indeed I have seen others fill directly.  😞 

Now...I doubt any self serve will be available.  Will most likely all be manned.  

Edited by island lady

Refiling water bottles at publivly available water fountains is absolutely a big no go, no matter if beforem during or after COVID. Use a clean cup available in the food outlet and then fill the content of your cup into the bottle, everything else is a absolute disgrace.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Ashland said:

YUCK !!!!! I hope you're kidding !

I agree which is why when I purchase the beverage package I never use those self serve Coke machines where everyone refills their used Royal Caribbean cup.  It's a fresh bottle of water for me everytime as well.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MOSusan said:

We have our room attendant fill our ice bucket twice a day.  I pour ice cold water from the ice bucket to fill my water glass, water bottle etc.

Hmmm..I at least hope you're using the plastic bag to keep the ice in...otherwise that sounds a bit ??

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tigerman4LSU said:

We are planning to bring water bottles on our cruise in September.  Are the water fountains working to refill them?

George

We like the flavored water so we take the glasses that have already been poured and fill up our water bottles. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, MOSusan said:

We have our room attendant fill our ice bucket twice a day.  I pour ice cold water from the ice bucket to fill my water glass, water bottle etc.

That is one of the first things I ask for when we meet our attendant.  Please keep my ice bucket filled.  🙂   But it is actually for keeping my Sauvignon Blanc chilled and ready.  😉 

We always bring back paper cups of ice water from the WJ back to the cabin after a port call or a morning walk.  

Edited by island lady

16 hours ago, Ashland said:

YUCK !!!!! I hope you're kidding !

I just said it for fun.....because the poster asked a question, and they were lectured.....so I deflected it to me.  The reality is, many water fountains today are designed to fill your own container, and they are all over the place now.  In case you don't know this, they have the coke glasses that are also refilled on the ship.  So there was never a need to lecture, just answer the question, can you do it yourself, or is someone stationed to do it for you?  

But it is so much fun to tease the germophobics.....

Haven't seen any water fountains in use on ADV and all water and beverages are being served by an attendant, even at the Coke machines (for the beverage pkg)  and especially in the Windjammer.

Ditto for the soft ice cream. 

The water package was a good deal for me - $20.06 incl 18% gratitude - and surprisingly I got 12 bottles of the 33.8 oz Evian water. Enough for the 2nd leg of my B2B and so glad it wasn't those Dasani cans of water!

Edited by long4acruise
additional wording

We have each brought a couple of water bottles onboard, then refilled them from the tap in our cabin.  (All RCCL ships have potable water in the taps.)  We leave a filled bottle in our mini fridge, so we will have a fresh one next time we go out.  We also asked for ice in our room, and used melted water in our bottles.

11 hours ago, long4acruise said:

Haven't seen any water fountains in use on ADV and all water and beverages are being served by an attendant, even at the Coke machines (for the beverage pkg)  and especially in the Windjammer.

Ditto for the soft ice cream. 

The water package was a good deal for me - $20.06 incl 18% gratitude - and surprisingly I got 12 bottles of the 33.8 oz Evian water. Enough for the 2nd leg of my B2B and so glad it wasn't those Dasani cans of water!

Good to hear! At home Drinking one myself at the moment. Dreading possibility of DASANI in metal cans

On 7/14/2021 at 3:36 PM, island lady said:

Pre Covid....you could fill a glass (paper or plastic) with water/ice water...then use that to fill your water bottle.  Never fill your bottle directly.  Not sure how it works now, but may be manned water station which is common...though would still work the same way.  

The waiters will serve you glasses of water. You can't get it yourself. No more nasty water bottles being filled at the dispensers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1