Laundry Questions

LMHSRN

1.  Anyone have a current price list?

2.  Do they offer a special "Bag" price during the cruise?

3.  Can you pre-purchase laundry packages?

Got a 12-day coming up and not sure how to pack.  I think paying $3.00 for a pair of socks in the laundry is a little much.....

Thanks...On Equinox in 42-days.

30 minutes ago, ROYALBOY said:

Having a senior moment…is the free laundry bag for each elite in the room (2) or just one for  the room even if both are elite?

It's a bag for each member in the stateroom.

To the OP

You should be able to find the price list on the Celebrity site.  I've found it there before.

We were just on 7 night Edge cruise and I don't think a bag special was offered.  It might be on longer sailings.

No there are no laundry packages to pre purchase.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LMHSRN said:

Thanks so much for your reply.  Helps to know how to pack.

We are doing a 12 night Equinox in January (assuming no mask requirement)..anyway, I noticed on my cruise planner under packages there is something called: Premier Pass Package.  It gives you the following:

• Priority embarkation and debarkation
  • One welcome bottle of Veuve Clicquot per stateroom
  • Inside Access tour (two guests)
  • Unlimited internet access (two devices)
  • Officer’s lunch (two guests)
  • Captain’s toast and photo
  • Wine pairing with sommelier (two guests)—wine is complimentary
  • Laundry service (one bag per stateroom)

I assume the bags are small, but I think we will purchase this once we make our final payment.  Maybe this is something you could look into?  I hope this is helpful.

David

We did the laundry special on our 15 nt Transpacific to Japan and only received one bag. We were elite after that cruise. I rolled so many items in that bag and it was crammed full. 

Edited by Travelexpert35

Pre pandemic a 12Ncruise would have a fill the bag  ( wash & fold) laundry special.  Price was $50.  We could get 8-9 t shirts, DHs undies,  socks and a pair or 2 of shorts.  

Before purchasing the package check to make sure they are actually doing the Inside Access Tour.  It isn’t showing in our cruise planner and I read that they were not offering the Behind the Scenes tour for health & safety reasons.  

2 hours ago, ROYALBOY said:

Having a senior moment…is the free laundry bag for each elite in the room (2) or just one for  the room even if both are elite?

You get one bag each.  If I recall they also now have a limit of something like 30 pieces in a bag.    Not sure if they actually count.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LMHSRN said:

Got a 12-day coming up and not sure how to pack.  I think paying $3.00 for a pair of socks in the laundry is a little much.....

This was price list just before shutdown

3729359C-C80E-4443-85D5-FA790710047A.thumb.jpeg.49befde7808f61c467ab9899979e82bb.jpeg

they also offered bags at 49 dollars about mid cruise

no pre-purchase but check your CC level for complimentary bags.  

3 hours ago, David10225 said:

We are doing a 12 night Equinox in January (assuming no mask requirement)..anyway, I noticed on my cruise planner under packages there is something called: Premier Pass Package.  It gives you the following:

• Priority embarkation and debarkation
  • One welcome bottle of Veuve Clicquot per stateroom
  • Inside Access tour (two guests)
  • Unlimited internet access (two devices)
  • Officer’s lunch (two guests)
  • Captain’s toast and photo
  • Wine pairing with sommelier (two guests)—wine is complimentary
  • Laundry service (one bag per stateroom)

I assume the bags are small, but I think we will purchase this once we make our final payment.  Maybe this is something you could look into?  I hope this is helpful.

David

This Premier Pass Package is showing up as a cheap $29.99 right now. That's shown as per package, not per person per night. I believe two people have to order it. I think the laundry alone nearly covers it.

1916447044_PremPassJuly172021offer.thumb.JPG.17c2559bf2ef3a87cee68f55d2565393.JPG

image.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

You get one bag each.  If I recall they also now have a limit of something like 30 pieces in a bag.    Not sure if they actually count.

It used to be 30 items, 20 items on shorter cruises, whether it fit into one or two bags.  Did they change it?  This was for each Elite member.  Elite+ got two 30 item coupons.

• Like 1

It's amazing with some very careful folding and stuffing how much one can get into a laundry bag!   When the only option is a paper bag I've asked the cabin attendant for a cloth bag - I don't think they really care.  

I tend to bring a lot of things I can wash in the sink and roll and hang.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HskrCrsr said:

This Premier Pass Package is showing up as a cheap $29.99 right now. That's shown as per package, not per person per night. I believe two people have to order it. I think the laundry alone nearly covers it.

1916447044_PremPassJuly172021offer.thumb.JPG.17c2559bf2ef3a87cee68f55d2565393.JPG

image.png

I took a look at both of my bookings for on Equinox for September and it is not being offered.   I was just curious but looks like it has been discontinued but suspect it is per person per  night offering.   Most of the benefits are already included with all the benefits most get.  

Here is what it says -  must be purchased by both guests (when offered).   As a Zenith we get free unlimited Laundry and Dry Cleaning and really use that perk and cut our packing by about 50%.   I usually send out laundry almost daily. 

image.png.1c35678af13f3a06072b4a0ccaa3e018.png

38 minutes ago, ClaudiaB said:

It's amazing with some very careful folding and stuffing how much one can get into a laundry bag!   When the only option is a paper bag I've asked the cabin attendant for a cloth bag - I don't think they really care.  

I tend to bring a lot of things I can wash in the sink and roll and hang.  

Unfortunately the all you can stuff in a bag offered was replaced with a limit on the number of items in a bag to 20 as @Auntiemomo mentioned above.     Don't recall when this change took place.

1 hour ago, Auntiemomo said:

It used to be 30 items, 20 items on shorter cruises, whether it fit into one or two bags.  Did they change it?  This was for each Elite member.  Elite+ got two 30 item coupons.

On our 7 day cruise in Elite, we each had one bag of 30 items.  There was a special of $49.95 a bag mid cruise.  

2 hours ago, keesar said:

On our 7 day cruise in Elite, we each had one bag of 30 items.  

It used to be 30 items, no matter how many bags you had, especially if you had bulky items like jeans/sweats that wouldn't fit into one bag.  

On 7/25/2021 at 4:00 PM, ROYALBOY said:

1 per person - wash and fold. However if you write on the form "return on hangers, please" don't forget the please it comes back just as if it's been ironed. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2021 at 1:26 PM, Jim_Iain said:

There used to be coupons for onboard use placed on your vanity upon check-in.  If you are a Captain's Club member there was  info for  ONE TIME PER SAILING of 10% off.  You just had to write "Capt. Club member discount" on the ticket.  We have used that on each X cruise!  Every little bit helps when you are not Elite!😊

On 7/25/2021 at 10:53 AM, LMHSRN said:

Amazon.com has some clothes lines in different lengths and little clothes pins to go with them.  You could get some really good magnets that would hold up to 50 lbs. which be perfect for socks and underwear.  I would definitely purchase one for a cruise as long as yours.  We are taking one for our 14 night TA in April.

I had a couple of t-shirt type tops ruined (shrunk) when I used the laundry service a couple of years ago.  And they were NEW, and I was going to wear them again.  They use really hot water.  We wash out our undies in the sink and hang discreetly to dry (hang low behind balcony furniture).  Might pack some Febreeze to spray on clothes I wear more than once.......