Booking a hotel before a cruise

oskidunker

Read reviews before you book. Low staffing levels have caused services to be severely cut, especially at Marriott. Was shocked to read the reviews on yelp and trip advisor of the Marriott Wharf side in Seattle. 

15 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

What does this have to do with Celebrity  cruises? 

Often times people stay at a hotel before a celebrity cruise. Sometimes they ask for suggestions close to the dock. Once in a while they are curious about whst Hotel Celebrity cruisers use. 

• Like 2

I think that most or some of this is related to the state you are booking a hotel in.  Most of our California stays have had limited service even in some nice resort hotels.

Having said that I would book some of the higher end hotels.  They usually do better at satifying their clientele.  I would also prebook restaurants on Resy or OpenTable or call the restaurant for reservations.  Go to breakfast early to beat the crowds.

Even some of the services with Hilton can vary from hotel to hotel in the same city.  The issue is that the service industry is having problems hiring.

If the hotel has an open restaurant that makes it easier to have a backup plan if you can't get reservations elsewhere.  Normally the restaurants give priority to hotel guests.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

But the point isthey also need hotels before Princess cruises, Carnival cruises, etc,  so it isnt Celebrity specific

True, but I only cruise on Celebrity, so only read the Celebrity posts (Not Princess etc)!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

Had bad stays at a embassy suites and a Hampton inn this month. But another Hampton inn was great .

Was this the FLL ES? We were wnting to book there but read the reviews and decided not to.

Can you be kind enough to please let me know which Hampton Inn you liked/did not like? It will help us plan our hotel stays. Thank you.

6 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

EVERYTHING!!!
Celebrity cruisers also need hotels.

Yes!  And if you find a post you think doesn't belong or you don't care to discuss, for heavens sake just ignore it.  No need to try to be the board hosts - we already have those.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

EVERYTHING!!!
Celebrity cruisers also need 

We have forums for hotel questions and answers for each major sailing port in the US just like this one here for Seattle. That's why CC has these forums. The Marriot hotel in Seattle is NOT a Celebrity cruise line topic, 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/315-west-coast-departures/

Just now, phoenix_dream said:

Yes!  And if you find a post you think doesn't belong or you don't care to discuss, for heavens sake just ignore it.  No need to try to be the board hosts - we already have those.

Because non Celebrity posts clutter the forum and push people's legitimate questions about Celebrity to back pages ..... thats why. 

29 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Because non Celebrity posts clutter the forum and push people's legitimate questions about Celebrity to back pages ..... thats why. 

What really clutters up the board is Mod wannabes constantly telling other posters what not to post. You've been on a real streak this week! 🙄

• Like 7

1 hour ago, tallnthensome said:

We have forums for hotel questions and answers for each major sailing port in the US just like this one here for Seattle. That's why CC has these forums. The Marriot hotel in Seattle is NOT a Celebrity cruise line topic, 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/315-west-coast-departures/

What is and is not is definitely NOT your call.

Move on if you do not want to read some thing.

• Like 4

FWIW, I think you have to be very careful with reviews today. Full service hotels are going to take a bigger hit because people expect more. I haven’t looked at the Bonvoy boards lately, but for Marriott, I’d give more credence to reviews there. 

We stayed at three Marriott properties last month, not cruise related, and they were all different. Some of that was just local restrictions on the hotels. And the M Clubs weren’t open at any of them. Staffing is an issue, but so are local requirements beyond the hotel’s control. One full service was mostly nice, but not what I would have expected. One Fairfield was almost normal, and the other was  nowhere near normal. And that’s as a Lifetime Titanium. 

It’s a strange time. 

• Like 1