LIVE (hopefully) from the Nieuw Amsterdam's 2nd Alsakan Sailing

Brentt_M

So when the captain made his announcement about an hour ago my son was at Club HAL.  He just came back and I asked him if they heard the announcement and he said no. Very small thing with what is going on, but I actually appreciate that the announcement was not made in club HAL.

• Like 25

It is a gala night tonight, but none of the 3 of us are in a mood to get dressed up this evening.  Circumstances are different of course but we have personal experience working with the Care Team and just hearing them being activated has us in a somewhat somber mood.  😞

They do an amazing job and hopefully they are providing as much support and comfort to the family or families impacted as possible.

Edited by Brentt_M
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 2

Mountain Mama, there’s not a soul on this board who would think a thing about your comments, I’m willing to bet.  I certainly don’t!  People post almost simultaneously and these long threads can go in lots of directions from one poster to another.  No worries.  😍

Joanie

• Like 15

1 minute ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

Mountain Mama, there’s not a soul on this board who would think a thing about your comments, I’m willing to bet.  I certainly don’t!  People post almost simultaneously and these long threads can go in lots of directions from one poster to another.  No worries.  😍

Joanie

I absolutely second this!

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Brentt_M said:

It is a gala night tonight, but none of the 3 of us are in a mood to get dressed up this evening.  Circumstances are different of course but we have personal experience working with the Care Team and just hearing them being activated has us in a somewhat somber mood.  😞

They do an amazing job and hopefully they are providing as much support and comfort to the family or families impacted as possible.

Please give yourselves a big hug from me. ❤️ 

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Brentt_M said:

I can see that this could be quite a triggering event for you and your children. I hope for the sake of the missing that it works out in the best possible way. But either way, my heart goes out to you. Look after yourselves!

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, curtdesilets said:

Someone said they detected a signal.  With good luck, let's hope they are found, safe and sound. Big bummer! 

No word, but it’s probably a black box signal.  I’m still hoping for survivors, but I would estimate that it’s a low chance.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, liam1965 said:

No word, but it’s probably a black box signal.  I’m still hoping for survivors, but I would estimate that it’s a low chance.

No signal is like a Black Box. Unfortunately their were no survivors. A sad day.

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, idiebabe said:

Thoughts and prayers are with you, your Family and all the Passengers, Captain, Staff and Crew Onboard.   I feel so bad for the Families who lost a loved one today!  Heartbreaking!  😢🙏

You perfectly stated what we are all thinking.  Feeling very sad...

• Like 8

2 hours ago, liam1965 said:

Five HAL guests and the pilot on board.

Just read about this, so very sad, I was really horrified thinking it was you. Had to rush to this blog to see your post, and my heart was relieved. Incredibly sad for the passengers and pilot on the plane ahead of you. 😭

• Like 4

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (KTUU) - The U.S. Coast Guard has reported there are no survivors from a plane that went down near Ketchikan on Thursday carrying six people, five of whom were passengers from a Holland America Line cruise ship docked in the Southeast Alaska town.

• Like 1