Excursions?

jeanlyon

16 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I thought Aurora wasn't sailing until 13th April, which is our cruise.  That's what it says on the P&O site.

Did you miss the 40 night Caribbean and following Canaries cruises going on sale and selling out fast.  The Caribbean was all over well before lunch time from what I understand - that is the one we are on.  It was mentioned when they cancelled the other cruises that two sunshine ones would go on sale.  Perhaps you were away, they went on sale early July.

My first thoughts upon reading this topic is how could P & O prevent you from leaving the ship.  This would be unlawful.  Then I thought you might well get off, it could be getting back on where you may experience difficulties.

i don't think I will bother to exercise my human rights after all!

• Like 5

16 hours ago, tring said:

Did you miss the 40 night Caribbean and following Canaries cruises going on sale and selling out fast.  The Caribbean was all over well before lunch time from what I understand - that is the one we are on.  It was mentioned when they cancelled the other cruises that two sunshine ones would go on sale.  Perhaps you were away, they went on sale early July.

Yep, must have done and of course they are not showing as they are sold out.  I always think that is really stupid of P&O.  Why not leave the cruise on there and just put Sold Out.

Does anybody know if it is still possible to move a cruise that's due to sail in April?  Is there an end date to the free transfer?

2 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Yep, must have done and of course they are not showing as they are sold out.  I always think that is really stupid of P&O.  Why not leave the cruise on there and just put Sold Out.

Does anybody know if it is still possible to move a cruise that's due to sail in April?  Is there an end date to the free transfer?

Ah, just found out it won't apply to next year.  Only up to cruises departing 5th October.  Oh well, we might just have to lose the deposit.

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Ah, just found out it won't apply to next year.  Only up to cruises departing 5th October.  Oh well, we might just have to lose the deposit.

Did you get that from P&O Jean, I cannot see that it in their flexible transfer policy.

Edited by bee-ess

On 8/3/2021 at 12:26 PM, Son of Anarchy said:

I moved a cruise due to depart in November at no cost.  Was last week though.

I moved a cruise yesterday on P&O's free flexible transfer policy. I can't see them removing it any time soon as things are still so uncertain for people. 

• Like 2

On 8/1/2021 at 2:46 PM, Eddie99 said:

The whole situation is so uncertain I can’t find any pleasure in researching or anticipating cruises at the moment.  We have three booked; who knows whether we’ll go?  Probably not.  Two were booked with very small deposits, which I’m treating more as ‘options’ and I will give them up without a thought. 

Life has changed so much in the last eighteen months.  Cruising used to take a lot of my thoughts.  Now, apart from checking in here, it barely enters my head.

I feel the same Eddie. We have a cruise booked for October 2022, but I can't seem to drum up any enthusiasm at all. There have been so many knock backs re cruising, that I'm loathe to get get my hopes up again. I loved researching our ports of call and planning but, like Jean, the not knowing whether we can do our own thing or not makes it a pointless exercise. 

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
spelling

On 8/3/2021 at 11:12 AM, jeanlyon said:

Hi Jean.....we have a cruise booked for next April....I was under the impression that when we booked the cruise that we could change the cruise....free transfer....to another cruise ....even one that is less in price and as many times as we liked but of course it may depend what the T&Cs are  at the time of booking....we booked ours November 2020

On 8/1/2021 at 7:13 PM, Denarius said:

I agree that this appears to be utterly stupid. Does the stupidity however, rest with P&O or with the UK government? It may be that their protocols forbid cruise lines to allow passengers to go ashore except on organised tours, but with no restriction on what form those tours take. So allowing passengers to walk ashore to explore is forbidden, but transporting them elsewhere to walk around all afternoon is OK. Utter madness!

It cannot be P&O as they are not doing any excursions before the end of Sep when some ordinary cruises are starting. The example re Liverpool is a Princess cruise.

1 hour ago, daiB said:

It cannot be P&O as they are not doing any excursions before the end of Sep when some ordinary cruises are starting. The example re Liverpool is a Princess cruise.

Britannia calls into Liverpool on 3 of her Staycations in September.

Edited by majortom10

Found this - so it must be possible to reschedule to a later date - that is at the minute

If your holiday is unaffected by our latest pause but you would like to reschedule, you can take advantage of our free flexible transfer policy up to the date the balance for your holiday is due. 

• Transfer your booking to any P&O Cruises holiday currently on sale (and not just to those within the next 12 months).

• Transfer your booking to a cruise of higher or lower value (and not just of a higher value, as is usually the case).

• Transfer your booking an unlimited number of times (and not just once).

• Transfer your bookings free of charge.

This policy modifies the transfer policy in our Booking Conditions.  This policy may be changed or withdrawn at any time without notice.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Found this - so it must be possible to reschedule to a later date - that is at the minute

If your holiday is unaffected by our latest pause but you would like to reschedule, you can take advantage of our free flexible transfer policy up to the date the balance for your holiday is due. 

• Transfer your booking to any P&O Cruises holiday currently on sale (and not just to those within the next 12 months).

• Transfer your booking to a cruise of higher or lower value (and not just of a higher value, as is usually the case).

This policy modifies the transfer policy in our Booking Conditions.  This policy may be changed or withdrawn at any time without notice.

I rang my TA earlier to ask if they were following the P&O current terms as opposed to the ones I actually booked under almost 2 years ago. They more or less quoted the above and said that if P&O change the 90 days to 30 days for balance payment they would also allow the same. 

• Like 1

I read on here someone as booked 3 cruises but don’t intend on going on two of them, is that not a bit selfish taking up cabins other could book, and I very much doubt if they would book other types of holidays with the intention of not going on them.

40 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

I read on here someone as booked 3 cruises but don’t intend on going on two of them, is that not a bit selfish taking up cabins other could book, and I very much doubt if they would book other types of holidays with the intention of not going on them.

Apparently a common practice in the USA where you get your deposit back if you cancel. The very low deposits offered recently would also encourage such behaviour, if you had the money to lose of course.

On 8/6/2021 at 9:07 PM, jeanlyon said:

Jean… you have always been allowed to transfer a cruise before the final payment date…they used to charge £100 for the privilege! I moved one about 2 - 3 years ago…which due to covid has now been moved several times and I am still stuck with the £100 charge carrying over! At the moment is it still free to do so.. and we have recently  moved our Oct 21 cruise to next year for the simple reason we dont want to be tied to their excursions. As we had to pay a shed load of money in July if we didn't move it, we didn't want to take the risk. 

7 minutes ago, Mysticalmother said:

Jean… you have always been allowed to transfer a cruise before the final payment date…they used to charge £100 for the privilege! I moved one about 2 - 3 years ago…which due to covid has now been moved several times and I am still stuck with the £100 charge carrying over! At the moment is it still free to do so.. and we have recently  moved our Oct 21 cruise to next year for the simple reason we dont want to be tied to their excursions. As we had to pay a shed load of money in July if we didn't move it, we didn't want to take the risk. 

Ah yes you are right.  We did the same, moved October 21 to April 22 and unless by January you are allowed to go ashore independently we will move it again, probably to April 23 as the new ones will be out by then.  Actually that's quite a relief, as I think there will be loads of new cases during this winter and things could change again.

Edited by jeanlyon