The vaccination olympics

Just now, onlyslightlymad said:

There is a Covid case in the Auckland community with no links to the border.  Cabinet is meeting now.  Press briefing at 6pm.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/449362/live-updates-covid-19-community-case-in-auckland

Snap lockdown? Better run to the supermarket and get some TP. 😉

1 hour ago, onlyslightlymad said:

You know I was just at the supermarket and people are pouring in.  Everyone looks very agitated.  You can smell the anxiety in the air.

I just went to a shopping centre for the first time since Covid, on business, and I was surprised at people who said that was a good idea before next lockdown.  We just had one, so a new one wasn't on my mind.  It shows how on edge people are.  

The whole of NZ is going into Level 4 lockdown at midnight tonight for three days.  Auckland and the Coromandel are locking down for seven days.  Level 4 is a proper lockdown - the highest level.  

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/449362/live-updates-covid-19-community-case-in-auckland

Edited by onlyslightlymad
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, onlyslightlymad said:

You know I was just at the supermarket and people are pouring in.  Everyone looks very agitated.  You can smell the anxiety in the air.

1 case only in Auckland?  Maybe a lot of exposure sites, hence the lockdown.

4 hours ago, Russell21 said:

In my younger days I sometimes overindulged my vodka intake and my memory is good enough to understand your aversion to the drink. I only took it up again a few years ago as Scotch was attempting to give me the typical nose, and I read an article discussing the benefits of white spirits compared to the coloured spirits, Scotch, Rum, Brandy/Cognac etc.

I love all those dark spirits

9 minutes ago, NSWP said:

1 case only in Auckland?  Maybe a lot of exposure sites, hence the lockdown.

He travelled to the Coromandel last weekend.  He sounds like he did everything right - contact tracing and getting tested when he felt unwell.

Edited by onlyslightlymad

2 minutes ago, onlyslightlymad said:

He travelled to the Coromandel last weekend.  He sounds like he did everything right - contact tracing and getting tested when he felt unwell.

Had he been to Sydney or associated with flight crews?

10 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

So far our 1st case has had no contact with Sydney despite genomic  tracing linking it to Sydney's south west

A mystery, perhaps Canberra had covid aliens land on the Parliamentary Triangle.

22 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Could be a fleeting contact situation. 

Today they mentioned that they have determined that fleeting contact in supermarkets/shops etc is highly unlikely, so therefore they are not publishing these on the NSW health website anymore.

Me thinks they forgot about the initial case passing it on to another walking in Myer (albeit no masks then) but really its proven that its possible to pass with fleeting contact, another silly decision??

9 minutes ago, gogo65 said:

Today they mentioned that they have determined that fleeting contact in supermarkets/shops etc is highly unlikely, so therefore they are not publishing these on the NSW health website anymore.

Me thinks they forgot about the initial case passing it on to another walking in Myer (albeit no masks then) but really its proven that its possible to pass with fleeting contact, another silly decision??

Yes, Gladys is determined to believe that fleeting contact and outdoor transmission doesn't exist. There are a few proven cases in Melbourne of fleeting outdoor contact, at the MCG and also at AAMI Park (I think). Plus one they are currently investigating in the bayside suburbs. 

Gladys has made a few statements lately that are clearly untrue ie "hardest lockdown ever" and something else I heard but can't remember. I think she's lost the plot totally. 😡

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, NSWP said:

A mystery, perhaps Canberra had covid aliens land on the Parliamentary Triangle.

I had predicted that with all the pollies and their staff coming to town, especially those from Sydney and the other states that we're on lockdown, that we would have covid brought here. I suspected that I would  be proved correct, it was just a matter of time. Perhaps it was the prior ad man spreading more than just propaganda.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, Gladys is determined to believe that fleeting contact and outdoor transmission doesn't exist. There are a few proven cases in Melbourne of fleeting outdoor contact, at the MCG and also at AAMI Park (I think). Plus one they are currently investigating in the bayside suburbs. 

Gladys has made a few statements lately that are clearly untrue ie "hardest lockdown ever" and something else I heard but can't remember. I think she's lost the plot totally. 😡

I like Gladys, but she sure is stressed, she should take a month off sick leave, rest up. Deputy John Barrilio can handle it.

You can see at the 11am covid briefings, police executive take turns, Commissioner Mick Fuller and three Deputy Commissioners. I know a couple of them from ye olden days…smart and competent offsiders.

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, gogo65 said:

We've had transmission in supermarkets in Melbourne. Couldn't believe it when I heard about the changes to publishing transmission sites in NSW.