The vaccination olympics

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Lucky you! I wish the new large Princess ships couldn't come to Sydney. I don' t like them. They've lost too many of the things that made Princess our favourite cruise line. 😥

Agree, having been on Royal Princess in 2018, they are rubbish, Royal class

Inc.  Majestic etc having no promenade deck is outreagous.

Edited by NSWP

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Agree, having been on Royal Princess in 2018, they are rubbish, Royal class

Inc.  Majestic etc having no promenade deck is outreagous.

It's not just the mossing promenade deck, it's the crappy bars/lounges.

The Sun class ships had a really good Crooners (and the lower atrium was only used for background live music at lunch times and pre-dinner) and the Wheelhouse Bar, both of which were a decent size.

The Grand class ships cut Crooners in half so they could put in more shops but it was still a good piano bar. The Wheelhouse Bar was also good and they added the Explorers Lounge.

On the Royal class ships there is still a Crooners but it's primarily a pre-dinner piano bar but most of the entertainment happens at the lower level of the atrium (the crappy Majestic pop-up Crooners / Sports Bar is an exception). The Wheelhouse Bar morphed into a very small bar outside the Tuscan Grill, annoying both diners and those who used to like the real Wheelhouse Bar. Explorers is replaced by Princess Live with a tiny bar outside. 

Royal is OK as a last resort, at least it has a nice Sanctuary, but you'll never get me on Majestic again.

We may end up cruising out of Brisbane in future or just doing Round Australia, Hawaii/Tahiti cruises, maybe even a World Cruise as our cruise fund is doing exceptionally well at the moment. But the world isn't stable enough for a worldie yet.

15 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Lucky you! I wish the new large Princess ships couldn't come to Sydney. I don' t like them. They've lost too many of the things that made Princess our favourite cruise line. 😥

Check out the Coral Princes for our Hawaii trip, she's only a 2000 passenger ship.

16 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

We have a Coral Princess Cruise booked in 2023 out of Freo, doing WAs  north Coast including the Kimberley.

Nice. I saw all the suites are gone. I get daily emails from Princess asking if I want to use my FCC

Once Qld Govt received supply, registering on Qld Health then later logging in to make an appointment is an efficient system.  Then receiving the vaccine at Qld Health Centres is very quick plus 15/30 min wait afterwards and all done.  Reminder email 3 weeks later for second vaccine. 

16 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Yes, half to NSW, the rest divided up.

We won't send any to Qld lol, they don't need it with negligible cases. NSW, Vic and ACT should get the Polish Pfizer, does it come with a minature bottle of Polish Vodka lol?

Standby for incoming spears from the north, lol.

Edited by NSWP

11 minutes ago, NSWP said:

We won't send any to Qld lol, they don't need it with negligible cases. NSW, Vic and ACT should get the Polish Pfizer, does it come with a minature bottle of Polish Vodka lol?

Standby for incoming spears from the north, lol.

ACT to get 14000 doses

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Not a bad Idea. In the useless information department: Many people consider that Vodka is a Russian drink. Well they do drink quite a bit of it but it originated in Poland.

Always wanted to know that didn't you?

Yes?

Well a bit more along the Vodka theme follows, just to waste a bit of lockdown time.

A disputable point about the best Vodka in the world comes up with the heavily contested tie between two vodkas, neither of which come from Poland or Russia, But from France and Sweden, Grey Goose from France and Absolut which was owned by the Swedish Government. Both are made from wheat which differs from the ingredients for the bulk of Vodka. Now here is the final twist in the tale, Absolut Vodka production was started in a small village back in the 1800's, and still is made there to this day despite the Swedish Government some years ago selling out to the French Company Pernod, but with the caveat that production must stay in that same small village.

No prize for guessing who drinks several of the various Absolut Vodka Flavours.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

Not a bad Idea. In the useless information department: Many people consider that Vodka is a Russian drink. Well they do drink quite a bit of it but it originated in Poland.

Yes?

Well a bit more along the Vodka theme follows, just to waste a bit of lockdown time.

A disputable point about the best Vodka in the world comes up with the heavily contested tie between two vodkas, neither of which come from Poland or Russia, But from France and Sweden, Grey Goose from France and Absolut which was owned by the Swedish Government. Both are made from wheat which differs from the ingredients for the bulk of Vodka. Now here is the final twist in the tale, Absolut Vodka production was started in a small village back in the 1800's, and still is made there to this day despite the Swedish Government some years ago selling out to the French Company Pernod, but with the caveat that production must stay in that same small village.

I have not had vodka since 1976 when I left Wollongong👮‍♂️ for Sutherland Shire.👮‍♂️ My 'workmates put a double shot of vodka in each of the dozen schooners of Tooheys New I consumed at the Dapto Leagues Club,. Of course vodka is tasteless in beer. I was crook as Rookwood for a week.

10 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

Yes?

My favourite Princess cocktail these days is a Lemontini made with Citrus Vodka. 

5 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I have not had vodka since 1976 when I left Wollongong👮‍♂️ for Sutherland Shire.👮‍♂️ My 'workmates put a double shot of vodka in each of the dozen schooners of Tooheys New I consumed at the Dapto Leagues Club,. Of course vodka is tasteless in beer. I was crook as Rookwood for a week.

Jeez, that's mean! 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

Yes?

I have had French grape Vodka which is quite nice and I do enjoy the bison grass Polish Vodka but I would recommend trying the Aussie Vodka O. It is really smooth Vodka up there with Europe's best. 

Edited by ilikeanswers

2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

In my younger days I sometimes overindulged my vodka intake and my memory is good enough to understand your aversion to the drink. I only took it up again a few years ago as Scotch was attempting to give me the typical nose, and I read an article discussing the benefits of white spirits compared to the coloured spirits, Scotch, Rum, Brandy/Cognac etc.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

In my younger days I sometimes overindulged my vodka intake and my memory is good enough to understand your aversion to the drink. I only took it up again a few years ago as Scotch was attempting to give me the typical nose, and I read an article discussing the benefits of white spirits compared to the coloured spirits, Scotch, Rum, Brandy/Cognac etc.

I find vodka is less likely to give me reflux than gin so tend to go for vodka-based cocktails these days. 

19 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Ouch. You must have been so busy talking to your workmates that you didn't feel the effect of so much alcohol after the first few drinks.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Australian "Mates"? 🍺 I bet they were ROFL, 🤣

• Haha 1