The vaccination olympics

2 hours ago, Russell21 said:

Julie how do you think we feel living in, since the recent unpopular forced amalgamation, the largest local government area in the greater Sydney area. I Live 15Km from the Northern end, and it tales a solid 2 hours of driving to get to the most Southern end. Our family doctor is 15Km away. We went for our second Covid shot yesterday and got pulled up on the way, I informed the Constable that I would also be going again today, and I think he thought I was trying to put something over him regarding travel. He backed down rather smartly when I offered him my phone to ring the Medical Practice to check.

Bill, you are allowed to travel anywhere within your LGA for shopping or exercise, and outside any limits if services ie the vaccination centre aren't available within the limits. It quite clearly states that. Check the NSW Covid restrictions website, you might like to snapshot the relevant sections.

This rule is causing a fair bit of flack though. And it appears to be confusing to the police as well judging by your experience.

17 minutes ago, pully8 said:

Good news in NZ that they will begin vaccinating 12-15 year old children. 

Hope that happens here too.

Switzerland has been doing it for awhile and also some other countries.

They need to start doing it sooner rather than later.

As more adults get vaccinated, the population of unvaccinated people will trend younger and younger. As that happens the virus will adapt to that population and we could end up with an "Omega" variant that is more virulent among the young than the old.

• Like 2

Hopefully once supply and distribution is no longer an issue, vaccination process can return to people receiving it at their GP or pharmacy.

It has been difficult for those without internet or ability to book on line for whatever reason.

Our GP was not going the vaccine but is now, we like many others had to look elsewhere. Now fully vaccinated.

Next challenge will be boosters and how that will be managed.

2 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

I think the concept of high risk LGAs should be scrapped. COVID is all the way up in Bourke, all of NSW is high risk IMO. You have two sets of rules which I think adds to confusion and complacency, if their not relegated as high risk people don't seem to treat it as seriously🤔

All I can say is that we are in an area of Sydney that has zero cases and it is taken very seriously here. I walk to work and there is no-one on the roads in the morning or afternoon.  I had to go to a medical appointment yesterday that was adjacent to the large Westfield.  Westfield continues to be empty with just a handful of people going into Coles and Woolies. None of my friends or colleagues are going anywhere except locally to exercise.

On the other hand, we have a family member who lives in one of the four high risk LGAs that were mentioned this week. He has barely left his house but had to go to the GP yesterday and sent us a video of the Main Street of that particular suburb and there were people everywhere and no social distancing.  He is beyond angry with the behaviour of the locals 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

All I can say is that we are in an area of Sydney that has zero cases and it is taken very seriously here. I walk to work and there is no-one on the roads in the morning or afternoon.  I had to go to a medical appointment yesterday that was adjacent to the large Westfield.  Westfield continues to be empty with just a handful of people going into Coles and Woolies. None of my friends or colleagues are going anywhere except locally to exercise.

On the other hand, we have a family member who lives in one of the four high risk LGAs that were mentioned this week. He has barely left his house but had to go to the GP yesterday and sent us a video of the Main Street of that particular suburb and there were people everywhere and no social distancing.  He is beyond angry with the behaviour of the locals 

I could give you anecdotes of the exact opposite😂 of your anecdotes, that is the problem with anecdotes😜. I look at Taiwan they started with local restrictions but when it began spreading beyond Taipei they brought more consistent restrictions across the island and they stopped their outbreak. Now the spread is beyond Sydney I think the segregated restrictions are moot and probably more hinder than help🤔

32 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

I could give you anecdotes of the exact opposite😂 of your anecdotes, that is the problem with anecdotes😜. I look at Taiwan they started with local restrictions but when it began spreading beyond Taipei they brought more consistent restrictions across the island and they stopped their outbreak. Now the spread is beyond Sydney I think the segregated restrictions are moot and probably more hinder than help🤔

I agree. One lot of restrictions, simple and consistent. Not saying one thing in one section, another further down, and something else in another section.

13 minutes ago, onlyslightlymad said:

NZ Update:

21 new community cases today

20 in Auckland, 1 in Wellington.

The government is due to announce what is happening with lockdown at 1500 tomorrow.

NSW can send you a few hundred over, any spare hospital beds and ventilators over there? 

19 minutes ago, onlyslightlymad said:

Latest figures in the Auckland cluster. 33 in Auckland, 2 in Wellington.

Lockdown has been extended to midnight Friday, except for Auckland which is midnight on the 31st.

Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 18.16.23.png

I hope your really tight lockdown will squash this outbreak. Stay safe NZ.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I hope your really tight lockdown will squash this outbreak. Stay safe NZ.

Kiwis are fortunate their Govt makes tough decisions asap re lockdowns.  Hope NZ gets on top of latest outbreak.  I think it will be awhile before NZ/ Aus bubble recommences.8

• Like 1

On 8/22/2021 at 6:54 PM, ilikeanswers said:

They'll need a hell of a haircut after😆

83976170_ScreenShot2021-08-22at6_52_47PM.png.cc4af27385b724f754c07ad9d513d6e8.png

A few Lemb pies in that beast, betta duck down the dairy bro, get a Dad's..

342005773_TomatoSauceBottlewithlabel.jpg.9914dd5dee7c0fea753f04abb848a300.jpglamb-and-roast-vegetable.png.8021396209cb12713c98404496a44058.png

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It takes a couple of weeks in a hard lockdown for the number of cases to start dropping, as long as everyone obeys the rules.

Stay strong, stay safe.

The modellers are predicting up to 1000 cases i this cluster.  Not sure how staunch people are being.  We all think we're tough but we're a bit soft really.  They might move the South Island to level three next week if no cases pop up there.

Just now, onlyslightlymad said:

The modellers are predicting up to 1000 cases i this cluster.  Not sure how staunch people are being.  We all think we're tough but we're a bit soft really.  They might move the South Island to level three next week if no cases pop up there.

I presume that's 1000 cases total? I hope it won't get to 1000 per day! 😲

Latest NZ update:

"There are 62 new cases of Covid-19 linked to the growing Delta community outbreak in Auckland and Wellington, bringing the total number of cases in the cluster to 210.

Of the cases, 198 are in Auckland and 12 are in Wellington. There are 12 people in hospital with Covid-19, 11 of which are linked to the outbreak. None are in intensive care units."