Aug 7th W-E-W Caribbean Edge Cruise - B3B

Ken the cruiser

53 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Thanks for the review.  Glad you finally got to sail.  One question that I've seen asked but not answered:  Was your proof of a negative Covid test on your phone or did you have a paper copy?

Can't answer for Ken, but another person had their email confirming their negative test photographed for embarkation on Celebrity Equinox today. See post #97

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Thanks for the review.  Glad you finally got to sail.  One question that I've seen asked but not answered:  Was your proof of a negative Covid test on your phone or did you have a paper copy?

We provided our original paper documents which they subsequently took pictures of with their notepads. Not sure how they would deal with pictures on your phone with regards to copying them to their notepad records. But if you were going to do that, I would definitely check with the powers that be to make sure that would be ok. 

Update: just noticed @Silkroadprovided some insights on some experiences posted on another thread regarding your question. Hopefully they were helpful. 

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We provided our original paper documents which they subsequently took pictures of with their notepads. Not sure how they would deal with pictures on your phone with regards to copying them to their notepad records. But if you were going to do that, I would definitely check with the powers that be to make sure that would be ok. 

Update: just noticed @Silkroadprovided some insights on some experiences posted on another thread regarding your question. Hopefully they were helpful. 

Thanks Ken. I'd much rather have hard copy for them to scan, but I hope they'll continue to allow email receipts for the people who must get tested in FL. We plan to get rapid antigen tests the day before we fly, but not everyone lives in a large metro area like DH and I do.

Thanks again for sharing your experiences and insights with us. I'm so happy that you're having a wonderful cruise thus far😊 If you get a chance, would you let us know how you like your suite? Am I right in thinking you're in a SB side Sky Suite? We'll be in a Sky Suite on Edge for the first time in a couple months, so I'm living vicariously through others until then😂

29 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Thanks Ken. I'd much rather have hard copy for them to scan, but I hope they'll continue to allow email receipts for the people who must get tested in FL. We plan to get rapid antigen tests the day before we fly, but not everyone lives in a large metro area like DH and I do.

Thanks again for sharing your experiences and insights with us. I'm so happy that you're having a wonderful cruise thus far😊 If you get a chance, would you let us know how you like your suite? Am I right in thinking you're in a SB side Sky Suite? We'll be in a Sky Suite on Edge for the first time in a couple months, so I'm living vicariously through others until then😂

We are in a S2 SS on the starboard side and have absolutely no complaints. One of the wow factors is that we can go to sleep and wake up looking at this view, as the bed faces the sliding glass door. We’ve never had a cabin where the bed actually faced this direction and it is great!! The bathroom, to include a huge bathtub/shower combination is another wow factor of the cabin. 😎

80EB4BA9-72CF-4FE6-817C-48DCC80C6697.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We are in a S2 SS on the starboard side and have absolutely no complaints. One of the wow factors is that we can go to sleep and wake up looking at this view, as the bed faces the sliding glass door. We’ve never had a cabin where the bed actually faced this direction and it is great!! The bathroom, to include a huge bathtub/shower combination is another wow factor of the cabin. 😎

Thank you for this! We’re booked in an S2 SS on port side. We’ll be loving our Edge lives😎😎 

• Like 1

Just an entertainment update. The two evening shows so far, a comedian and Colors of Life musical, have been very enjoyable and there have definitely been plenty of places to sit! We’re getting ready to go to the second of a series of four space program  lectures given by Jim Kennedy who was a former NASA director. 

For those keeping track, there are 1,218 passengers onboard of which there are only 5 that are not vaccinated. 

DF9BDB5C-CD96-4F15-9F2B-02EAFAB25B34.jpeg

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

For those keeping track, there are 1,218 passengers onboard of which there are only 5 that are not vaccinated. 

Any idea how many vaccinated failed to board because of positive Covid tests prior to boarding?

13 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Any idea how many vaccinated failed to board because of positive Covid tests prior to boarding?

No idea. However, it is interesting the Edge is only sailing at 42% of capacity which does seem a bit low. The new testing requirement may have played a minor part in that, but that’s just an unofficial guess from someone over in the peanut gallery. 😎

Walked around for a little while today looking for potential lunch spots to dine at on port days. The Eden (free) and Le Grand Bistro ($20 per person) definitely caught our eye as the Luminae will be closed for lunches on those days.

I also had to take a picture of what was left of the Eden cookies and brownies that I had heard so much about on previous threads. Personally, I’m trying to stay away from them as a recovering cookieholic, but we’ll see if my DW will be able to if we wind up eating lunch there later this week. 😎

65B65D26-D53A-4D1D-8FF4-05737D08A7D9.jpeg

BEFA0DD7-604B-47A3-8D9D-45C3FB25F7D3.jpeg

92ABCDCE-DC8F-4D98-BC3F-3717F6F4CBD3.jpeg

• Like 2

Ken-

Thanks so much for taking us with you on your vacation! If I am reading this correctly, my sister, mom and I will be joining you August 21 for your last week.  I am reading your notes word for word! LOL  I would love to meet you as I find your posts so polite and so very helpful. I do have a question for you please.  I see in Cozumel (and Mexico in general) we have to use ship sponsored excursions.  Does this mean we can't leave the ship if we are not on a ship sponsored tour? I have a friend who lives in Cancun and he was going to head over and meet us for lunch in Cozumel.  Now I am wondering if we can get off the ship? 

Thanks so much & Roll Tide!

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Walked around for a little while today looking for potential lunch spots to dine at on port days. The Eden (free) and Le Grand Bistro ($20 per person) definitely caught our eye as the Luminae will be closed for lunches on those days.

I also had to take a picture of what was left of the Eden cookies and brownies that I had heard so much about on previous threads. Personally, I’m trying to stay away from them as a recovering cookieholic, but we’ll see if my DW will be able to if we wind up eating lunch there later this week. 😎

Eden and Le Grand Bistro are both very good choices for lunch!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SraLiz said:

Ken-

Thanks so much for taking us with you on your vacation! If I am reading this correctly, my sister, mom and I will be joining you August 21 for your last week.  I am reading your notes word for word! LOL  I would love to meet you as I find your posts so polite and so very helpful. I do have a question for you please.  I see in Cozumel (and Mexico in general) we have to use ship sponsored excursions.  Does this mean we can't leave the ship if we are not on a ship sponsored tour? I have a friend who lives in Cancun and he was going to head over and meet us for lunch in Cozumel.  Now I am wondering if we can get off the ship? 

Sounds like a plan and as soon as we get official guidance from Celebrity with regards to what we can and can't do once we arrive at Cozumel, I'll post them here so you'll have the latest scoop on the rules, at least as of this cruise.

8 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We’re getting ready to go to the second of a series of four space program  lectures given by Jim Kennedy who was a former NASA director. 

Jim is fabulous!   (BTW,  he is a former director not of NASA itself but of the Kennedy Space Center.  No relation. 😊)  We’ve had the good fortune of sailing with him on several transatlantics. His lectures were so popular that he filled the theatre even on sunny sea days.  Hope you are enjoying them. 

And thanks again for taking us along on your cruise.  

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

Jim is fabulous!   (BTW,  he is a former director not of NASA itself but of the Kennedy Space Center.  No relation. 😊)  We’ve had the good fortune of sailing with him on several transatlantics. His lectures were so popular that he filled the theatre even on sunny sea days.  Hope you are enjoying them. 

And thanks again for taking us along on your cruise.  

Thanks for the correction. Wasn't quite sure, but that makes sense and he is quite entertaining to listen to. 😎

• Like 1

OK, I just had to let folks know if you want to enjoy a good laugh at one of the interactive comedy skits held in The Club between the evening shows, you need to set time aside to see Whisper Challenge! We’ve never seen it before, but it is well worth 20 minutes of your time if you like to laugh!! I’m not going to give you any details other than to let you know it’s super funny! 😎

4642DA8C-50C4-42A4-A786-C0C5ACC0FF14.jpeg

4 hours ago, SraLiz said:

I see in Cozumel (and Mexico in general) we have to use ship sponsored excursions.  Does this mean we can't leave the ship if we are not on a ship sponsored tour? I have a friend who lives in Cancun and he was going to head over and meet us for lunch in Cozumel.  Now I am wondering if we can get off the ship? 

I just talked with my DW and she mentioned that we were told in writing when we boarded this cruise on Aug 7, we had to have a booked Celebrity excursion in order to leave the ship in Cozumel. If we hear the guidance has changed between now and when we arrive at Cozumel, I'll let you know. But my thinking is it won't. Sorry for not having better news.

8 hours ago, Julma said:

I'll be in a S2 end of August.  If you have time, I'd appreciate a pic of the room service menu for suites.  Couldn't find any up to date online.  Enjoy the rest of your journey.

We didn’t order much into our S2 as the only table is very low.  We did the afternoon cheese plate a few times from our Retreat host (butler) and some coffee and tea and croissant a few mornings but there really wasn’t a great place to eat like there are on other ships.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SraLiz said:

Ken-

On the July 24th and 31st sailing you could not do that.  The rules are a moving target though and by the August 21st cruise it may be different. Good luck!