Aug 7th W-E-W Caribbean Edge Cruise - B3B

Ken the cruiser

For those either getting ready to or already on their way, here’s what the weather looks like right now at the terminal at 8:42 am. Quite pleasant temperature wise, but a little breezy which is probably why it’s quite nice sitting out on the balcony this morning. 😎

image.jpg

• Like 4

Hi Ken! Great informative review and looking forward to your next 2 week’s observations, as we are boarding for a B2B when you disembark on the 28th. Question…. I know they are testing between B2B cruises, but are they also testing for vaccinated passengers disembarking who live in US? Thanks and enjoy your next two weeks!   

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

For those either getting ready to or already on their way, here’s what the weather looks like right now at the terminal at 8:42 am. Quite pleasant temperature wise, but a little breezy which is probably why it’s quite nice sitting out on the balcony this morning. 😎

image.jpg

It looks like that part of FL is well away from the Fred track.

• Like 1

According to our Retreat concierge thanks to the new Virgin Islands rule where cruise ships won't be allowed to enter their ports, to include St Thomas, if there are any unvaccinated passengers 12 or older on the ship, we will be a fully vaccinated cruise this leg, except for those under 12. Yes!! 😎

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

According to our Retreat concierge thanks to the new Virgin Islands rule where cruise ships won't be allowed to enter their ports, to include St Thomas, if there are any unvaccinated passengers 12 or older on the ship, we will be a fully vaccinated cruise this leg, except for those under 12. Yes!! 😎

Ken, now all you have to worry about is TS Grace this week.

41 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Yup, but heading now towards our home near Montgomery AL. Hopefully it will weaken before it gets there. One can hope anyway. 😎

Ken, we hope so as well since we’re about 75 miles north of Montgomery 🤞

Enjoy your cruises because we are certainly enjoying your observations!  Keeping me happy for the next 8 weeks . . . hoping our Apex can actually happen!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, CruisinBanka said:

Ken,  let me know if you have any recommendations for a waiter in Luminae. Thanks! 

Don’t want to hijack Ken’s great thread, but we had Jose in Luminae a week ago. We had also had him on Equinox last year and thought he was very good. Cheerful and personable. 

mac_tlc

6 hours ago, CruisinBanka said:

Hi Ken! Great informative review and looking forward to your next 2 week’s observations, as we are boarding for a B2B when you disembark on the 28th. Question…. I know they are testing between B2B cruises, but are they also testing for vaccinated passengers disembarking who live in US? Thanks and enjoy your next two weeks!   

I believe they are only giving free antigen tests to those folks that are disembarking and flying home to a foreign country that requires the test to enter. So if you're flying back home in the US, they will not be giving you an antigen test. At least that's my understanding. 

Edited by Ken the cruiser

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Thanks, Ken!  Great posts!

28 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Don’t want to hijack Ken’s great thread, but we had Jose in Luminae a week ago. We had also had him on Equinox last year and thought he was very good. Cheerful and personable. 

mac_tlc

Thanks!

12 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I believe they are only giving free antigen tests to those folks that are disembarking and flying home to a foreign country that requires the test to enter. So if you're flying back home in the US, they will not be giving you an antigen test. At least that's my understanding. 

Ok great!

28 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

So folks driving or flying  home after the cruise wont be tested by X.? Less complicated for us 

Wonder if airlines or home  cities will require tests as it was last March for NY bound  fliers?