Dine My Way & all new Dining questions since cruising restart!!

Host CJSKIDS

4 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Southern Caribbean 11 days over New Years Eve.

You made me work a bit for this.  😉

Must be the SKY, departing DEC 28.

F #1 is your first Sea Day (Night #3).

F #2 is your 2nd last night - also a Sea Day (Night #10).

An (small) outside chance they could pick Night #8 - also a Sea Day.

But I'd bet at least a CG reservation they will have it closer to the end of the voyage.

11 nights is not a normal length, but the general guidelines should hold.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

But I'd bet at least a CG reservation they will have it closer to the end of the voyage.

I would agree with you on any other dates. However, they may have a formal night on the Saint Thomas port day instead of a sea day, since that is New Year's Eve. Because of the holiday, you can't be sure until they post the schedule for that specific cruise. I'm just speculating - It would be useful if anyone had specific experience with Princess on a cruise with a port day on New Year's Eve.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

I would agree with you on any other dates. However, they may have a formal night on the Saint Thomas port day instead of a sea day, since that is New Year's Eve. Because of the holiday, you can't be sure until they post the schedule for that specific cruise. I'm just speculating - It would be useful if anyone had specific experience with Princess on a cruise with a port day on New Year's Eve.

The 6pm departure is too late.  If it was 4pm or so, I might agree.  They try to have the first formal soon after sailing as it is billed as Captain's Welcome Aboard.

Two quick questions.

Would complimentary specialty restaurant meals show up somewhere either in our booking or our personalizer? I thought we booked during a special offering that but don't see anything (not a big deal, just curious) .

Also, we're in Club Class. We don't make dining time reservations there do we?

Thanks all!

3 minutes ago, chamima said:

Two quick questions.

Would complimentary specialty restaurant meals show up somewhere either in our booking or our personalizer? I thought we booked during a special offering that but don't see anything (not a big deal, just curious) .

It will be listed on-line in your Travel Summary in the Personalizer section.

Specialty Dining Promotion 1 $29.00  
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, capriccio said:

It will be listed on-line in your Travel Summary in the Personalizer section.

Specialty Dining Promotion 1 $29.00  

I found it but it was actually under "Onboard Services".

So now we have to decide which night and hope we can make reservations from the App precruise.

1 hour ago, chamima said:

Two quick questions.

Also, we're in Club Class. We don't make dining time reservations there do we?

Thanks all!

And you do not need any regular dining reservations.  You would only need to use DMW to make a SD reservation, or be added to someone else's res if you were going to dine in the general seating area with other guests who do not have CC access.

4 hours ago, chamima said:

So now we have to decide which night and hope we can make reservations from the App precruise.

Little bit confusing - On Board Services shows Specialty Dining but Travel Summary shows your Complimentary Specialty.

22 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Little bit confusing - On Board Services shows Specialty Dining but Travel Summary shows your Complimentary Specialty.

If you look carefully under the On Board Services listing, it indicates that it paid for - either provided by TA or Princess.  I have one labelled "Bon Voyage" which came from Princess and the other two are indicated as provided by my TA - which is factually incorrect because they really came about as part of a Princess sales promo and I just happened to book with the TA.

Oh oh, I am coming late to this thread....I have a "complimentary specialty dining" with my booking. I know it's likely scheduled for the first night, and I can change that. But I though I could only re-schedule it once onboard; or can I do so using the Medallion app or on line? I've paid my final payment if that affects anything.

Doug

17 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I thought all of this same scenario too, but as you say, an 11 night sailing is out of the ordinary.  I also wondered with New Year's Eve thrown in there if that would be one of the formal nights?
In the end this is our best guesses...thanks for putting in time trying to help!  😁

7 hours ago, chamima said:

I have heard others say they can't do as a complimentary dinner and that maybe they would just pay for it pre-cruise and try to get it taken off once onboard?

6 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

If you look carefully under the On Board Services listing, it indicates that it paid for - either provided by TA or Princess.  I have one labelled "Bon Voyage" which came from Princess and the other two are indicated as provided by my TA - which is factually incorrect because they really came about as part of a Princess sales promo and I just happened to book with the TA.

Well surprise surprise ! I have never scrolled down that far before, thanks you.I notice too that the date is shown as first night, which is typical.

Edited by Tedferg

I apologize if this question has been asked many times before, but I can't seem to find the definitive answer yet regarding any changes in the formal night dress code, if it is even called that anymore. A link to the applicable Princess website page would be ideal.

We're booked on the Caribbean Princess for her Panama Canal cruise in April 2021 and I was wondering if I have to wear a tie and sport coat in the MDR on formal nights or can I just wear a long sleeve button down shirt (tie optional)? If I recall I didn't have to wear a coat on formal nights when we were on the Crown back in 2019. Just curious if the minimum formal night requirements have changed since cruising started back up?

42 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I apologize if this question has been asked many times before, but I can't seem to find the definitive answer yet regarding any changes in the formal night dress code, if it is even called that anymore. A link to the applicable Princess website page would be ideal.

We're booked on the Caribbean Princess for her Panama Canal cruise in April 2021 and I was wondering if I have to wear a tie and sport coat in the MDR on formal nights or can I just wear a long sleeve button down shirt (tie optional)? If I recall I didn't have to wear a coat on formal nights when we were on the Crown back in 2019. Just curious if the minimum formal night requirements have changed since cruising started back up?

I have not worn a tie in many years on formal nights. In addition if your cruise was for April 2021 you missed it. Lol

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Princess has not changed their clothing guidelines.  That said, you can wear what you mentioned.

https://www.princess.com/learn/faq/pre-cruise/what-to-pack-for-a-cruise/

At this page, click on "Clothing Recommendations".  And then click on "Packing for Your Cruise" and then click on the link within that entitled "Learn more on what to pack for a cruise".

It appears they have updated the last link, but it mentions alternatives to full suits and tuxes.

7 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

It appears they have updated the last link, but it mentions alternatives to full suits and tuxes.

I laughed at the alternatives:

For more formal settings, men should bring a suit and a nice pair of shoes (or, at the very least, a shirt, tie and slacks), while women may want to bring an evening dress or a skirt with a good blouse.

It really is time to, at the very least, rename "Formal Night" to a more accurate name. 

Any suggestions? 

1 hour ago, memoak said:

I have not worn a tie in many years on formal nights. In addition if your cruise was for April 2021 you missed it. Lol

Thanks, and good catch on the 2021 slip.  As you probably figured out, it's the April 2022 cruise. 😎

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Princess has not changed their clothing guidelines.  That said, you can wear what you mentioned.

https://www.princess.com/learn/faq/pre-cruise/what-to-pack-for-a-cruise/

At this page, click on "Clothing Recommendations".  And then click on "Packing for Your Cruise" and then click on the link within that entitled "Learn more on what to pack for a cruise".

Thanks for guiding me to the details with regards to the "minimum" formal night requirements!

1 hour ago, capriccio said:

For more formal settings, men should bring a suit and a nice pair of shoes (or, at the very least, a shirt, tie and slacks), while women may want to bring an evening dress or a skirt with a good blouse.

It really is time to, at the very least, rename "Formal Night" to a more accurate name. 

Any suggestions? 

Thanks! This is the phrase I was looking for. Packing a "tie" to go along with my long sleeve button down shirt is a heck of a lot easier than packing a suit and a nice pair of shoes. 

4 hours ago, capriccio said:

Any suggestions? 

Yes, how about "Who cares what color and cut of cloth anyone hangs on their body night?"

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, capriccio said:

Any suggestions? 

no, it seems to be too confusing,  leave it the way it is. 

On 11/19/2021 at 10:09 AM, suzyed said:

I can't book any specialty dinner....what am I doing wrong?

My sister actually booked the dinners, she has club class so possibly that is the reason, she told me CC has priority.              

On 11/19/2021 at 9:25 AM, Tedferg said:

Why not book with credit card and have passenger services adjust when on board - you would then have your preferred time.

That may work.  I was commenting because some one mentioned they booked and were given credit for the promotion dinner.   System did not do that when we booked.  Thanks for the suggestion.