Just got upgraded on Allure to a Grand Suite. How do I make CK reservations?

4 minutes ago, birdylady said:

Hmmmm. Wonder if it's what type of cabin you have or C&A level or roll of the dice.  So... if you don't get an email to bid, is there somewhere I can go to look to see if it's even an option?

Thanx

Go to RCL's main webpage and scroll all the way to the bottom to find the RoyalUP banner - click on that.

13 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Thanks, I sent an email yesterday after you posted but haven’t heard back so far.  I just clicked your link…. Thanks!

Don't fret...we replied yesterday as soon as we received his email and we haven't heard back yet either. I'm sure he's up to his eyeballs with supporting this week's guests.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, TYMAN said:

I'm still waiting on my 08/30 Mariner Royal Up request. Good luck to all that have made bids and congrats to the winners!! 

We are still getting RoyalUP invitations to bid on upgrades for our cruise that sails in five days🤪

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

See post 25

Lol! Many reason why I like you, humor is one, vaccination is another. 🙂 Ps.....edited after seeing post #35. Hey, this is fun. lol!

Edited by TYMAN
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Was it an auto upgrade?  I was looking for an email and came across an email from RCL where they had taken my "upgrade offer" of $100 to an owner's suite.  Gosh that was a good time.  Hope those days aren't gone forever.

We'd never received an automatic upgrade, though once our TA frantically called the week before departure and said RC would bump us from a GS to an OS for something like $150 if we were fast.  I actually asked "is that total, or each?" (it was total)

Funny thing was it was a gift that kept giving.  We had a water leak in our cabin so they gave us 25% off the next cruise. Then on THAT cruise there was a water leak so they gave us 25% we could apply to our subsequent cruise, which was on Celebrity. 

I'm gonna familiarize myself with this Bid process for the next cruise upcoming in April, for sure. 

• Like 2

We got upgraded to a GS on Oasis many years ago, prior to Royal Up, and got spoiled! Figured we got it cause we were a high number D+ and there were not a lot of P's etc on board. I ordered a plate of Swiss and a plate of crackers for sail-a-way on our balcony and invited all of our Roll Call to stop by...we still had Swiss in our frig for the whole week. Ha! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TYMAN said:

We got upgraded to a GS on Oasis many years ago, prior to Royal Up, and got spoiled! Figured we got it cause we were a high number D+ and there were not a lot of P's etc on board. I ordered a plate of Swiss and a plate of crackers for sail-a-way on our balcony and invited all of our Roll Call to stop by...we still had Swiss in our frig for the whole week. Ha! 

Many years ago a bus load of neighbors went on the Legend of the Seas to Hawaii for 11 nights. One couple won a grand suite room the first night of the cruise in a cheap game of Bingo.They arranged for our whole group to have a party in their suite on the last night of the cruise. That was our first introduction to a GS! What stood out to me was their complaint that they had to pay more in Gratuties……..for a room they won in Bingo 😳

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Many years ago a bus load of neighbors went on the Legend of the Seas to Hawaii for 11 nights. One couple won a grand suite room the first night of the cruise in a cheap game of Bingo.They arranged for our whole group to have a party in their suite on the last night of the cruise. That was our first introduction to a GS! What stood out to me was their complaint that they had to pay more in Gratuties……..for a room they won in Bingo 😳

There's always the option of having the automatic gratuities removed.  I like to give direct cash to my room steward and dining attendants.

28 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

That's funny....the last thing I would complain about after an upgrade is the $3 more a day of tips. Heck, we tip cash on top of the daily gratuities no matter what the suggested amount is! 

Sorry, don't want to make this a tipping thread. Ha! 

Edited by TYMAN
To apologize for stating my stance on tipping.
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, TYMAN said:

We normally also invite roll call if in suite, last month was in a penthouse on Celebrity asked butler for snack for 6 or so people, she brought enough food to feed a army .

• Like 2