Cruise payment

lbfluffy

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You can only ask.  This was not a misstep.  This is negligence.  I'm glad your husband did not cancel the other fully paid guest.  That would have been so devastating for them.  Yet...I am wondering why they did not "complain" that someone else paid off their cruise.  Really glad you got this straightened out in a timely manner.  You have a great husband.

I was wondering too. Well now they need to pay there cruise. I will find out soon enough. 

So sorry you have gone through this awful and stressful experience.  The TA definitely needs to step up and do something above & beyond for you and your husband as a result of this mess.  

We prefer not to use a TA---had an experience years ago--booked a cruise and cruise agency was about to go belly up just before our final payment was due....fortunately we were able to contact cruiseline and send the payment sent directly to them.  I like to have control of our booking.  

Hopefully, you will find a good and reliable TA you can depend on in the future.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RJAM3 said:

With the booking number Princess should be able to cancel the booking and credit the card that was used for payment…seems like it should have been handled by Princess on the phone call your husband made when the booking number was determined..not later but on the spot

Princess should only cancel the payment, not someone else's booking.

13 hours ago, 13cheermom said:

This doesn't encourage me to use a TA by any means!!  I like to have some control over my booking.  The timing with this payment and billing cycle is very unfortunate.  I would be very upset as well, who wants to pay an extra $6K when it's not even their charges.  Hope that they get this straightened out for you and your husband and it all works out for the best!

My TA doesn't have my credit card details. Every payment is a bank funds transfer to his company account and then he pays the cruise company or whoever.

10 hours ago, caribill said:

Princess should only cancel the payment, not someone else's booking.

Yes they are working on getting my money back. It’s a long process. I’m sure they notified the party on the booking that their cruise is not paid. 

8 hours ago, leck57 said:

My TA doesn't have my credit card details. Every payment is a bank funds transfer to his company account and then he pays the cruise company or whoever.

what happens if the TA doesn't pay Princess ... no cruise for you ??

12 hours ago, leck57 said:

4 hours ago, voljeep said:

Guess they do it different down-under.  Many systems mask the client credit card, so employees do not know it except when asking for it and need to get a credit card each time you call in.  Some store the card info and use it later.  But a cruise fare payment should always be made directly to Princess Cruises using your card and not to the TA.

5 hours ago, voljeep said:

If TA doesn't make final payment AND you don't follow up, your cruise will be automatically cancelled.  My TA makes sure that I make my final payment a few days before it is due...just in case.  

It has taken the pandemic to discover all of these misfortunes.  I do not recall having so many concerns pre-covid.  So glad there are mediums to get support from others who are having the same problems.  Maybe that's it....technology has improved communications between passengers.

So back to checking every day until my boarding arrival time is available...hee hee

17 minutes ago, lbfluffy said:

I spoke to management. They are giving me $50 OBC. She was very apologetic, 

Well, as my father in law likes to say, that's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick...

Hopefully the credit hits before your credit card closes for the month. Otherwise, that would not be enough for the trouble (they caused). 

I suppose a positive attitude is all you can really do. So that's good that you aren't letting it get you down. Glad you caught that up front and hope the other cruisers figured out their final payment as well. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, voljeep said:

No cruise. There was a story a couple of years ago about a TA that ran off with all the final payment $$ that a group (don't remember how many - maybe more than 10?), a significant chunk of change. IIRC, they were stuck with nowhere to go. How do you sue a crook?

2 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

No cruise. There was a story a couple of years ago about a TA that ran off with all the final payment $$ that a group (don't remember how many - maybe more than 10?), a significant chunk of change. IIRC, they were stuck with nowhere to go. How do you sue a crook?

Sounds like an urban legend 🙂 Not saying I don't believe it, but that it's one of those things you say to scare the kids at night. lol

I had one major issue with my TA years back. They fixed it for me, and it took a lot of grief and stress and angst to figure out. However, given that experience, I won't use a TA any more. I'd rather go directly with the cruise line. Maybe I miss out on some perks, but this way I'm responsible for all my own "stuff".  I envy all those that say they love theirs. That's awesome for them. 

• Like 2

The manager was sincerely sorry. She was just made aware of what we went through, As one of the posters said it is how they do after the mistake. They did not do well after the mistake. I am glad they admitted their error. The manager said this has never happened in her 13 years with the company. It was a mistake. The agent was putting my payment in and had another cruise opened up and accidentally used my credit card. Multi tasking got her, I guess. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, lbfluffy said:

That's it?  Seriously?

Wonder how much commission the agent and agency will reap from your cruise ... to say nothing of tbe other 2 you've paid in full.

Edited by pms4104

Am I the only one wishing that we could have a one-time violation of the "Don't name a Travel Agency" rule, so everyone following this thread could send strongly-worded emails to the company, letting them know that this "compensation" is entirely inadequate?

Perhaps a few dozen Yelp reviews would get their attention?

My travel agent is also a dear friend of over 30 years, and he is awesome! I wish I could recommend him here, but I understand why I can't. 

• Thanks 1

I know it isn’t much. I just had enough fighting over this. On a positive note we got a really good deal on our December cruise. I was referred by a fellow passenger that this cruise agent was her agent and the best price. Well like I said I will be searching for a new agent. 

Edited by lbfluffy
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, lbfluffy said:

I know it isn’t much. I just had enough fighting over this. On a positive note we got a really good deal on our December cruise. I was referred by a fellow passenger that this cruise agent was her agent and the best price. Well like I said I will be searching for a new agent. 

Good for you! I'm sorry you've had to endure this, and I admire your attitude.

I hope your cruise turns out to be wonderful, and that you are able to develop a good relationship with your new agent. 

17 hours ago, voljeep said:

I guess so... and jail for the TA.

Of course that could happen but I'd rather that risk than offering my credit card details. If you book through a TA here, that's the way it is done - payment is via the TA.

On 8/18/2021 at 5:47 PM, lbfluffy said:

Glad you got it sorted out. 

I am still waiting for the $3830 refund Princess owes me.  This is the cancellation fee that was to be waived because Princess cancelled my cruise & flights in error. 

They certainly know how to lose my Loyalty 

Don't nearly all travel agents take credit card direct to vendor payment?

I would be very wary of cash or even credit card payment to a travel agent.  I also understand that when agent gives credit card direct to cruise line then the cruise line pays credit card fees so an agent demanding payment direct to the agent might be a red flag to consider.  If you pay direct to agent how do you know (without a lot of sleuthing) that the agent made the payment to the cruise line?

I could be wrong but my agent always gives my credit card info direct to cruise line and the charge shows up as payment to the cruise line...not to the agent.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2021 at 9:27 PM, pms4104 said:

Wonder how much commission the agent and agency will reap from your cruise

Their commission rate has nothing to do with anything. They booked a cruise, and it was paid for. They earned their commission. Do you seriously expect the agent to give up their entire commission for making a fixable mistake? $50 may or may not be enough, but to take someone's entire commission seems extreme.

• Like 1