Riviera Itinerary Change

MVPinBoynton

Just got a notice from O that our Nov 7 Riviera cruise will now leave from Marseilles rather than Monte Carlo and Barcelona has been replaced with Palma de Mallorca.  It seems like O is making changes on some cruises, since I saw an earlier post regarding a change from Venice.  We are flying into Nice and staying there before the cruise, since it was convenient to Monte Carlo.  Now we have to find a way to go 120 miles to Marseilles.  It is too late to change flights, plus I have a private tour the day before the cruise from Nice with one of my favorite guides.  I just hope that the cruise still sails.

We depart from Venice (now Trieste) on the 09NOV and Monte Carlo is now Nice.   Glad that Oceania is letting us know so far in advance.  We will change our pre-cruise hotel from Venice to Trieste and enjoy a whole new city and area!   

Oceania does not have control over what other countries and cities decide so for the forseable future, traveling will need to be flexible and looked at as an adventure.

• Like 2

Dear Valued Guests 

We would like to advise you of an important update to your cruise itinerary aboard Riviera on November 7, 2021.

Please note the cruise will depart from Marseille, France. Additionally, the scheduled call to Barcelona has been replaced with Palma de Mallorca.

The revised portion of the itinerary is included below for your reference:

DATE

DAY

PORT

ARRIVAL

DEPARTURE

ORIGINAL PORT

7-Nov-21

SUN

PROVENCE (MARSEILLE), FRANCE

11:00 PM

MONTE CARLO, MONACO

8-Nov-21

MON

TOULON, FRANCE

8:30 AM

6:00 PM

9-Nov-21

TUE

PALMA DE MALLORCA, SPAIN

12:00 PM

8:00 PM

BARCELONA, SPAIN

10-Nov-21

WED

CARTAGENA, SPAIN

12:00 PM

11-Nov-21

THU

MELILLA, SPAIN

8:00 AM

12-Nov-21

FRI

ALICANTE, SPAIN

5:00 PM

13-Nov-21

SAT

CRUISING THE MEDITERRANEAN SEA

14-Nov-21

SUN

VALLETTA, MALTA

11:00 AM

15-Nov-21

MON

CATANIA (SICILY), ITALY

16-Nov-21

TUE

NAPLES/POMPEII, ITALY

17-Nov-21

WED

ROME (CIVITAVECCHIA), ITALY

6:00 AM

I can see that being a true deal breaker. We aren't booked on a cruise until 9/22 but if they continue to make changes, can we cancel with a full refund? There are ports that are must-haves, both beginning, during and end. We're VERY destination vs. ship oriented.

1 hour ago, Jancruz said:

That should be all the changes..but unfortunately the world is changing so we have to be prepared..

Jancruz1

Changes may be forced even while the cruise is underway.  Oceania has to obey the countries and ports.  That will be life in 2021 [it was always true, but will be much more evident this year]

44 minutes ago, Pearl64 said:

Oliverga,

i posted a question about which port in Marseille.  I have no idea how your screen name came up. I am so sorry. 

Moderator, can you fix this? Thank you.

Only by deleting the first post, which had more detail than this one.  You may want to post again.

When you go on a cruise, the cruise is the main destination. Ports can change for many reasons. Picking a cruise based on a specific port may not happen. I have had it happen. It is disappointing.  Luckily I have never had a change in embarkation or disembarkation locations. That would be a real problem.  When this has happened on some cruise lines, the cruise lines have assisted guests with changes by paying change fees or providing a transfer between the old and new embarkation/disembarkation ports. 

• Like 1

Interesting that our November 17th Riviera cruise has not yet been changed. We leave from Barcelona, and still show a stop in Nice. My only concern would be excursions, if the ports were to change. We just want to get away, safely.

29 minutes ago, cotto22 said:

Interesting that our November 17th Riviera cruise has not yet been changed. We leave from Barcelona, and still show a stop in Nice. My only concern would be excursions, if the ports were to change. We just want to get away, safely.

Are you sure?  Our Nov 17, 2021 cruise on the Riviera leaves from Rome (unless it has changed).

Edited by dj_crusin
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, dj_crusin said:

Are you sure?  Our Nov 17, 2021 cruise on the Riviera leaves from Rome (unless it has changed).

Now that is weird. Just like the issue Pearl64 had, my post showed up as do-crusn .  CC (Host Jazzbeau)., we have a problem. 

17 minutes ago, Pearl64 said:

Does anyone know the Marseille port name Oceania uses? It would help with planning. Thank you.

I don’t know which port; but. Would be very surprised if it was the old port, since it is small and full of small crafts. 

3 hours ago, MVPinBoynton said:

Now that is weird. Just like the issue Pearl64 had, my post showed up as do-crusn .  CC (Host Jazzbeau)., we have a problem. 

This is clearly above my pay grade, so I have reported it up the line.  I wonder if this is an after-effect of last week's crash?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LHT28 said:

If specific ports are must  why in these uncertain times would you book a cruise ?

Do a land trip

The virus is getting to other Countries by  people bringing it in

Since we have until next June to cancel then I feel comfortable right now.  This trip is Scandinavian and Baltic and, at our age, I can't see doing it DIY. But yeah I get it.

11 hours ago, clo said:

I can see that being a true deal breaker. We aren't booked on a cruise until 9/22 but if they continue to make changes, can we cancel with a full refund? There are ports that are must-haves, both beginning, during and end. We're VERY destination vs. ship oriented.

Still in a pandemic, still not controlling the virus, still gotta be a bit flexible. You may want to loosen the grip on deal breakers.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, basor said:

We will change our pre-cruise hotel from Venice to Trieste and enjoy a whole new city and area!   

In the aftermath of WW2, my father in law was stationed in Trieste as part of the British Army of Occupation. He had a great time there so, some years back, he decided to revisit. Whilst there had obviously been many changes in the preceeding 50 years, there were  sites he remembered. On this second visit, he also had a great time and I'm  sure you will too (although I know it's not Venice)

• Like 3

FYI: Section 4c of the Oceania ticket contract provides: “If the scheduled port of embarkation or final destination is changed, We will arrange transportation to the new port from the originally scheduled port.” So plans based on the original ports may not have to be changed. Hope this helps.

Dave

1 hour ago, DaveFr said:

FYI: Section 4c of the Oceania ticket contract provides: “If the scheduled port of embarkation or final destination is changed, We will arrange transportation to the new port from the originally scheduled port.” So plans based on the original ports may not have to be changed. Hope this helps.

Dave

I'm wondering if that refers to once the cruise starts or anytime the schedule changes once it's released.