Has anyone NOT had a problem with downloading and/or using the Medallion App

cjpj

I have had no problems, however I’ve been on two medallion cruises pre-pandemic so all my data (photos, passport etc) was already in the app.  My cruises are not until next fall so no boarding groups.  I’m also in club class so I don’t need the dining choices.  The only new item was the covid acceptance and that worked fine.  We have all the correct checks needed until closer to the cruise.  Since my situation is not typical it may not help with whatever you’re looking for by asking this question.

1 hour ago, Happy2cruise said:

I had no problems downloading or using the app. I will say that it took some playing around to find everything but no real problems...guess I was lucky!

I’m with you, no problems either but had to play around with it also.

Diane 

I was on a Medallion cruise back in January 2020. Worked fine. The only thing I've done since then is scan/upload a new passport. It took a few tries to figure out exactly what they wanted, but it worked without any glitches. I'll find out more when I go on my next cruise. . .Next fall.

No problems at all.  Have it on both a Iphone and Ipad.  All info has been loaded. Dining times picked and specialty restaurant booked. Just waiting for arrival time to be available.  My wife also has had no problems on her Apple devices. 

Had no problems with it for our recent Alaska cruise.  I think most people's issue is that they are trying to enter information too far out.  Trying to order Medallions a year in advance for instance, choosing a boarding time for cruises in 2022.

It would be helpful if they put up a poster on their website with time frames when details can be uploaded, I know people are anxious to cruise but they are causing themselves needless anxiety and then calling Princess who can't help them.

Anyway we had a great cruise and I love love the Medallion app and all of its many awesome features!

• Like 1

Good to know not everyone has problems.  Both my husband and I work in IT and we were frustrated to no end. I downloaded and worked with it first; he did his about a month later. Between the two of us, we have everything done now except the Medallions (probably because we have to pick up at the port, it won't let either of us finalize that step) and the steps that are too early - health screen, arrivals-departure groups.

• Like 1

All information seemed to transfer seamlessly from prior Medallion (pre-pandemic). One passport had to be updated and uploading took three tries. Only other issue was waiting for them to fix promotional specialty dinner to show credit. Because of CC didn’t have to deal with DMW. Sitting in green lane with only arrival and departure times yet to go. Count us among the lucky ones. 

2 hours ago, Grego said:

Add one more that had no problems getting to the "Green Lane".

Wasn't this you?

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2778757-medallion-app-updated-and-working-now/page/72/?tab=comments#comment-61653788

"Curious situation I have now when trying to input to the checklist.  The screen locks up!  I have the latest version of the app and iOS for both the iPad and iPhone12.  I have written 3 times to the "ask" desk and no reply as yet.  Anyone else getting a locked screen?"

The original poster asked:

"Please only respond if you have had NO problems

• Like 1

So far all is good. The app downloaded correctly. I've secured dining times including the free first night specialty dining. I've uploaded 2 of the 3 photos for our group. The third is just a matter of taking the picture. I still have more to work on, but what I've done so far has been without issues. 

I have not had a problem with the app.  I did have a question about our new passport uploads but that was answered here on CC.  We were in the Green Lane right away and, as of yesterday, we were still there.  All is well.