Arrival and departure groups

Retired 07

On 9/6/2021 at 2:37 PM, CountryCruiser said:

I personally don’t think it is a big deal for me to be able to pick an arrival time soon as long as priority boarders get an opportunity to pick a day or 2 ahead of others. Princess could send an email 20 days before sailing saying priority choosing starts at 17 days prior and all others starts at 15 days prior. At 10 days, all that haven’t picked get assigned.  The closer to sailing they can make it, it leaves less opportunity for passengers to need to move around their times. And in turn be less hectic for Princess.  10 days ahead should normally allow plenty of time for making transportation arrangements. 

I’m not aware on anything that mentions that Princess has made any decision as to some people get priority in picking your boarding time. I’m Elite & have not heard anything official from Princess. I think some people are speculating on this.

if anyone has seen anything from Princess please post what you’ve found.  

Tom😀

@trbarton, Princess refuses to put any arrival information in print.  This seems to be the biggest sticking point with everyone.  It's the unknown and he said/she said that is causing all the confusion.

The one constant I have "heard" is that there will be "priority" status WITHIN the arrival groups.  

During my conversation with Jose (Ocean Navigator), he said that he would bring up sending emails out to Elite/Suites/Platinum ahead of opening window during his weekly meetings.  He thought it was a reasonable request.  

I am in that group of not being able to pick arrival times.  It is now past the 60 days, past the 45 days, approaching the 30 days....when?  when?  when?  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I am in that group of not being able to pick arrival times.  It is now past the 60 days, past the 45 days, approaching the 30 days....when?  when?  when?  

How many times does Princess expect us to jump through hoops before we give up? (especially when they keep moving the damn hoop!)

That's why I'm just showing up whenever I can.

Princess is well aware that the app is a mess, and they should do whatever it takes to accommodate.

You know it's bad when people who haven't even sailed with Princess yet are saying, "never again".

• Like 5

On 8/24/2021 at 12:15 PM, Kay S said:

The Port of LA currently has a massive backlog of container ships sitting offshore trying to get in.  I wonder if the problem isn't logistics and not a problem with port negotiations for the cruise lines.  A Carnival ship set sail a couple of days ago from Long Beach (a part of the Port of LA) so an agreement of some kind was made.  Princess docks at San Pedro (another part of the Port of LA) so the hang up seems to be there.  I have a cruise in October from there, and I'm not too worried about getting the boarding groups straight.  Just get me on the ship!

The Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach, are both municipal operations run by their respective cities, so an agreement for Carnival in Long Beach doesn't mean that Princess has their agreement completed with Los Angeles. But I agree-just get me on the ship!

We sail next Sunday. Were able to pick our arrival time in the app but it told us we'll have to pick our departure time closer to our sailing date. I'm thinking this has something to do with them changing up the end of cruise Covid testing.

Edited by Ginnyfyr
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ginnyfyr said:

We sail next Sunday. Were able to pick our arrival time in the app but it told us we'll have to pick our departure time closer to our sailing date. I'm thinking this has something to do with them changing up the end of cruise Covid testing.

We were on the 8/29 sailing of the Majestic, and we never were able to pick a departure time in the app. It always gave us the message you're getting. We were assigned a departure time on the ship, based on our flight time and the fact that we had Princess transfers.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Ginnyfyr said:

Maybe, they're going to let you stay onboard for another cruise!  😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Ginnyfyr said:

So, I’m assuming that you were just able to pick your arrival time today? We sail in 3 weeks, so I guess I’ll stop checking every day Have a great cruise!

15 minutes ago, Retired 07 said:

So, I’m assuming that you were just able to pick your arrival time today? We sail in 3 weeks, so I guess I’ll stop checking every day Have a great cruise!

we picked our arrival time yesterday afternoon. Not sure how long we'd been able to pick it as we were just poking around in the app after not looking at it for weeks.

3 hours ago, Ginnyfyr said:

we picked our arrival time yesterday afternoon. Not sure how long we'd been able to pick it as we were just poking around in the app after not looking at it for weeks.

Our cruise in 12 days is either just not sailing or they are having a problem with the app.  We sailed out on the Majestic in July and had pretty much everything on the app by this time….minus a few of the shows and vents that were added late.  We are just going to show up at the pier after our flight gets in as we are still getting the ‘check again closer to your cruise’ message on the app.  

17 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Our cruise in 12 days is either just not sailing or they are having a problem with the app.  We sailed out on the Majestic in July and had pretty much everything on the app by this time….minus a few of the shows and vents that were added late.  We are just going to show up at the pier after our flight gets in as we are still getting the ‘check again closer to your cruise’ message on the app.  

My app was not allowing me to do some things until I logged out and logged back in with my confirmation number instead of my user name/password.  Everything started working then.  I was able to get my boarding group weeks before my upcoming cruise.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, ksyrah said:

My app was not allowing me to do some things until I logged out and logged back in with my confirmation number instead of my user name/password.  Everything started working then.  I was able to get my boarding group weeks before my upcoming cruise.

Let me try that.  Thanks 

Well, it was worth a try but that didn’t work!  I’m just not going to fuss with it anymore.  I keep getting the white screen and whereas I was in the green lane previously, I now am in the yellow lane.  They might be working on the app.  Best to set it aside and get on with my day.  
thanks anyway! 

Edited by Cruise Raider
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I’m just not going to fuss with it anymore.

We are sailing out of LA in 39 days. Still no ability to select arrival times. Like you, I am not going to sweat it. I plan on showing up at the pier with all required documentation. If the App is working by then - fine. If not, fine.  

• Like 4

Hi all, I’m the OP for this post. We were able to pick our arrival time today for our cruise in 24 days, HOWEVER, about an hour later I went to check it, and it was gone, and the’sorry’ message appeared again.  Even the #4 circle was blank again.  I’m pretty sure I wasn’t hallucinating or dreaming when I did it, so I guess there’s another problem. Sigh…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Retired 07 said:

Hi all, I’m the OP for this post. We were able to pick our arrival time today for our cruise in 24 days, HOWEVER, about an hour later I went to check it, and it was gone, and the’sorry’ message appeared again.  Even the #4 circle was blank again.  I’m pretty sure I wasn’t hallucinating or dreaming when I did it, so I guess there’s another problem. Sigh…

Ok, It let me pick again, let’s see how long it lasts this time

• Like 1

We also are on the Majestic, Oct 6th and were finally able to choose our boarding group last night. It is still showing this morning so hopefully all is well. However,  I am still not able to choose departure group. 

Edited by #1Nanna
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, #1Nanna said:

We also are on the Majestic, Oct 6th and were finally able to choose our boarding group last night. It is still showing this morning so hopefully all is well. However,  I am still not able to choose departure group. 

We sailing next week on sky princess my husband booked on early arrival about a week ago it's not showing on our app tried to book early slot again all full can't get on till 1.45 we are going to arrive early at port hope we can get on