Arrival and departure groups

Retired 07

My departure is Saturday. I could choose 30 days out. Only problem is I show blue lane group F on barcode but green lane group c in my app.  Bit of a problem here as there are 4 of us arriving in one car yet we have 2 hours apart timing!  Friday last week promised an email to allow us to all be group c. So far no sign of it. We are doing medical forms tomorrow- fingers crossed it rectifies things!

Princess has stated that Arrival Group availability is based on when negotiations with embarkation ports are finalized & generally about 30-45 days in advance. As is evident from posts that can be earlier but being 59 days from boarding at the Port of LA still get the following statement. Based on the Princess website their first LA cruise is on 9/25/21 but don’t know if anyone has been able to make an LA Arrival Group time yet a month in advance.

BD272494-D13B-4E8B-95BB-8E3D5DEEAC5E.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Astro Flyer said:

Princess has stated that Arrival Group availability is based on when negotiations with embarkation ports are finalized & generally about 30-45 days in advance. As is evident from posts that can be earlier but being 59 days from boarding at the Port of LA still get the following statement. Based on the Princess website their first LA cruise is on 9/25/21 but don’t know if anyone has been able to make an LA Arrival Group time yet a month in advance.

We have not and we are sailing Oct 27, 2021 LA - Cabo in the Grand suite (like that will even matter even though it should IMO)🤣

I did receive this email back from the Medallion folks when I asked about boarding times:  

Thank you for your email.  As we’re sure you can appreciate, PCL is still coordinating with the ports our ships will soon be embarking from regarding embarkation and disembarkation times (an outgrowth of restarting), therefore those timeframes are not yet available. We wish we could give you an idea of when they might become available, but we just don’t have that insight as of yet. Feel free to check the app a couple times per week. It shouldn’t be a problem to get an early arrival window once they become available.

Kind regards,

MedallionClass Support Team

• Like 2

Less than 60 days and still getting that wonderful "no" message.  Suite/Elite/Paid in Full/Green checks.  Nothing matters.  But I still check several times a day.  One day, I will be doing the Happy Dance.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So it seems still random, although 60 days prior might be an eventual goal to be achieved.  I have been told less than that much time ahead, but I am not sure who really knows.  IDK who "owns" this at Princess and whoever "they" are, they are likely the only ones with a good idea.

Hopefully, in the not-to-distant future, Princess will be able to state a standard that will be common for all future voyages.  The guessing game is a PITA for people having to login all the time and check.  I feel your frustration (our next voyage isn't until OCT 2022, so no worrying about Arrival Groups as yet).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

the same screen comes for my booking from LA on 9/25/21 - 31 days before 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, manunia said:

the same screen comes for my booking from LA on 9/25/21 - 31 days before 

Wow…that’s disappointing! 😳

I don’t know the Port of LA requirements but would expect negotiations to have been finalized by now for your cruise. In Seattle embarkation times have been the same as before the pandemic & would think it’d be the same thing in LA.

12 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

I don’t know the Port of LA requirements but would expect negotiations to have been finalized by now for your cruise. In Seattle embarkation times have been the same as before the pandemic & would think it’d be the same thing in LA.

i was able to choose arrival group about 2 month prior to 8/01/21 cruise on Majestic 

• Like 1

The Port of LA currently has a massive backlog of container ships sitting offshore trying to get in.  I wonder if the problem isn't logistics and not a problem with port negotiations for the cruise lines.  A Carnival ship set sail a couple of days ago from Long Beach (a part of the Port of LA) so an agreement of some kind was made.  Princess docks at San Pedro (another part of the Port of LA) so the hang up seems to be there.  I have a cruise in October from there, and I'm not too worried about getting the boarding groups straight.  Just get me on the ship!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

I think the whole "port negotiation" thing is a Princess deflection worthy of a politician.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tillys mom said:

Was able to pick our boarding group this morning for Regal leaving out of Southampton on October 23. So, 59 days for us.

Same for us, I have just done it now for the 23rd Oct cruise.  Fingers crossed it goes ahead!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Hopefully, in the not-to-distant future, Princess will be able to state a standard that will be common for all future voyages.  The guessing game is a PITA for people having to login all the time and check.

Also, hopefully, the guessing game can be eliminated by Princess simply sending out an E-mail when selecting an arrival time for a cruise is available.

• Like 3

Travelling Saturday. 4 hours on telephone to Princess still not sorted. States Blue lane Group F. The operator states Green Lane Group C.  Interestingly she claims we have completed Health Questionnaire- we have not be cause the app wont let us!  Now been told it doesn't matter if we dont complete the questionnaire before leaving home yet their Terms and Conditions state its mandatory!

Total b......t. I'm never cruising g with Princess again.

6 hours ago, caribill said:

Also, hopefully, the guessing game can be eliminated by Princess simply sending out an E-mail when selecting an arrival time for a cruise is available.

That didn't happen with my cruise. One day it  wasn't there, the next, it was! Just had to keep looking/checking the app. Anyway  check in became available 60 days prior to boarding 

Edited by ohnonotmeagain
Eta Med cruise October 2021

1 hour ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

That didn't happen with my cruise. One day it  wasn't there, the next, it was! Just had to keep looking/checking the app.

That is one of the two ways people find out that the arrival time is available for selection.

The second way is to check the Roll Call and find that someone posted it is available.

• Like 1

Forgive me if this has been asked, but I couldn't find it - when wecan selected arrival group, do we each (myself and dh) have to make the selection individually or can one of us make the selection and have it apply to both people in cabin/on booking?  Same question for Dine My Way when weareabletomake reservations.  Thanks for all your help.

1 hour ago, DiRonT said:

Forgive me if this has been asked, but I couldn't find it - when wecan selected arrival group, do we each (myself and dh) have to make the selection individually or can one of us make the selection and have it apply to both people in cabin/on booking?  Same question for Dine My Way when weare able to make reservations.  Thanks for all your help.

Both are done for both people at once.