Arrival and departure groups

Retired 07

7 hours ago, Jimmys Chippy said:

Got my arrival group a few weeks for a late September sailing, still no word on departure group though.

Just returned Sunday from Alaska cruise, we actually didn't ever use the departure group.  Under preferences then Disembarkation Page, you indicate when you want to depart, and they used that or if you bought a transfer, you were assigned on the basis of having a transfer.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Travelling Saturday. 4 hours on telephone to Princess still not sorted. States Blue lane Group F. The operator states Green Lane Group C.  Interestingly she claims we have completed Health Questionnaire- we have not be cause the app wont let us!  Now been told it doesn't matter if we dont complete the questionnaire before leaving home yet their Terms and Conditions state its mandatory!

Total b......t. I'm never cruising g with Princess again.

Don't stress out.  There were many people last week on the Alaska cruise that never got it to work.  They will get it all sorted out at the port.  The thing that surprised us the most is that our Medallion Class App did not even work at check-in.  It didn't matter.  They knew what you had done and it was easy to check in. They asked us again about the Health Questionnaire and we had to verify it was still true even though we had just done it the night before.  If you read about the first week when Jan was on the cruise, she said that she didn't want anyone stressing out about the Medallion Class App.  Yes, you have to have  correct ID (Drivers license and birth certificate or better a passport), vaccination records and COVID test results, but that is all as far as I could tell as they would sort the rest out.

• Like 5

Thank you all for your answers, I guess I’ll just have to be patient.  On a related subject, do they wait until you board the ship before loading the daily activities?  If so, I guess the only thing one can do ahead of time is to make dinner reservations?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Retired 07 said:

Thank you all for your answers, I guess I’ll just have to be patient.  On a related subject, do they wait until you board the ship before loading the daily activities?  If so, I guess the only thing one can do ahead of time is to make dinner reservations?

People have been reporting some activities loading one to two weeks prior to sailing 🙂 

5 hours ago, chrysalis said:

yes...you just need the booking numbers of the others in the group

Good to know! I was not able to accomplish that when I tried, so I messaged my other cabin leader to let them know what to choose. I was able to select any or all in my own cabin. It's helpful that you can choose by person in the event that there are staggered arrivals.

I see that there is a lot of information about ARRIVAL groups here but nothing about departure groups.  I've never cared before but now we have B2B cruises coming up where our disembarkation time becomes a factor.  We are Elite, if that matters when selection occurs.  Any ideas?

6 minutes ago, isosika said:

I see that there is a lot of information about ARRIVAL groups here but nothing about departure groups.  I've never cared before but now we have B2B cruises coming up where our disembarkation time becomes a factor.  We are Elite, if that matters when selection occurs.  Any ideas?

I don't think there are many, if any, concerns about departing the ship at end of the voyage.  People are pretty free to leave the ship when necessary to meet any travel arrangements.  Not 100% sure, but I think they had the old form on at least one cruise?  You should be able to select departure group/time when on board.  The main concern is if you are having bags picked up the night before for pick-up in terminal is to make sure you get a color group time slot that suits your timing to get to airport.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, isosika said:

I don't know why that is even on the app; it is never used.   Under preferences, then Disembarkation Page, you indicate when you want to depart and they use that as far as I could tell.  Since you are Elite, you can easily go to Guest Services and have them adjust your departure.  We had a very early flight and they were happy to change our group to the first Walk-off group.

• Like 2

On 8/24/2021 at 9:04 AM, Astro Flyer said:

Princess has stated that Arrival Group availability is based on when negotiations with embarkation ports are finalized & generally about 30-45 days in advance. As is evident from posts that can be earlier but being 59 days from boarding at the Port of LA still get the following statement. Based on the Princess website their first LA cruise is on 9/25/21 but don’t know if anyone has been able to make an LA Arrival Group time yet a month in advance.

BD272494-D13B-4E8B-95BB-8E3D5DEEAC5E.jpeg

I keep getting that same message and am on the 9/25 sailing and now we are below the 30 day timeframe.  I'm thinking that possibly, the first sailing out of each port, it may just be that they haven't finalized the arrangements with the port yet.  

I think we were able to choose our arrival group around three weeks ahead of time for the first sailing on the Majestic.  I'd have to go back and check our roll call to be sure.  I know there were a bunch of us checking it daily.  

Edited by Cruise Raider
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Potstech said:

Can they be done for more than one cabin in a group. We are a group of 5 in 3 cabins. Or does each cabin have to do the groups?

Try linking everyone using their booking numbers in the app.  I know you can reserve tables for dinner together that way.  

20 hours ago, Retired 07 said:

No, there were several activities we could reserve prior to being onboard.  However, they did add some activities leading up to embarkation and some were even added once onboard.  

On 8/24/2021 at 11:39 AM, manunia said:

the same screen comes for my booking from LA on 9/25/21 - 31 days before 

today is 29 days before cruise - no changes for arrival group availability. i am checking it frequently as my arranged transportation will drop me off around 11 am and i am not really interested to stay outside for 3-4 hours awaiting for my deck to be allowed to check in (missing priority embarkation perk more than anything else)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, manunia said:

today is 29 days before cruise - no changes for arrival group availability. i am checking it frequently as my arranged transportation will drop me off around 11 am and i am not really interested to stay outside for 3-4 hours awaiting for my deck to be allowed to check in (missing priority embarkation perk more than anything else)

I'm with you on that.  But, we had a Q&A with Jan Swartz and she assured us that those with elite status and those in suites would still be able to use their priority embarkation.  It is still listed as a benefit as well.  I'm hoping all of this will prove to be true as we, too are showing up on the early side.  

• Like 2

We are 92 days from our Caribbean Princess cruise (1st sailing for that ship) and still no luck getting a arrival/departure group but I'm not surprised based on what seems to be happening for other ships.  I've gotten to the green lane, medallions ordered, specialty dining booked and have made final payment.   

Just hoping someone from one of the ships sailing earlier in November out of Port Everglades will report how far out they are able to get their arrival/departure time.

We really want to go on this cruise...

Edited by Gaynors
correction

4 hours ago, Gaynors said:

We are 92 days from our Caribbean Princess cruise (1st sailing for that ship) and still no luck getting a arrival/departure group but I'm not surprised based on what seems to be happening for other ships.  I've gotten to the green lane, medallions ordered, specialty dining booked and have made final payment.   

Just hoping someone from one of the ships sailing earlier in November out of Port Everglades will report how far out they are able to get their arrival/departure time.

We really want to go on this cruise...

We board the Emerald in Fort Lauderdale on November 6. No arrival/departure info.

I thought that info was supposed to be available 30 to 60 days out.

• Like 1

As of yesterday, agent told me 30-45 days is a random window.  It could be any day between those numbers.  That was "really" helpful.  45, 44, 43, 39, 33,  HA HA.

Until then, we all continue to hit that button, cross our fingers, and not surprised when "SORRY" shows up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Until then, we all continue to hit that button, cross our fingers, and not surprised when "SORRY" shows up.

This pretty much sums it up!!! Lol

We are on Oct 6th & still getting the “SORRY” each time I try…

• Like 2