Coco Beach Club

FPP777

I know “value” is subjective, but I am interested to know, from

those of you who paid what I believe to be the lowest price of 79 dollars, is it even worth it at that price? Currently, my Oct 17 Allure has it for 179 and there is no way I would do that, but I am open to hear opinions of others should the price drop back down to the 80 dollar range. 

What say you?

We have rented a beachside cabana there for $699… we have 8 that are going to use it…we thought that was fair..not inexpensive…here’s to good weather.

Sept Allure Cruise. 

Edited by PTC DAWG

depends on if you get there nice and early. if you can snag one of the beach beds, and only pay $79 per person, you've already got a deal. those beds go for $199 anywhere else on the island. throw in the great lunch, private beach, and great pool.. and it's a steal. all depends on what your priorities are. i wouldn't book the beach club again if i was doing something else though. spend the money where you will spend your time.

We had to floating Cabana when we were there just a couple weeks ago, and we have the floating Cabana next month when we go on Allure, both were pricey, the Adventure trip was more expensive but it was a girls trip and we totally enjoyed it, Allure (7 travelers) was vastly more inline with what I would normally pay for it $899.  In January its just the two of us and I am considering the beach club but I think it will have to drop below $100 each for us to be willing to do it again.  Definitely not a cabana for two just not economical.

The service was fantastic, and the food was great and even though they would have brought the food to us on the cabana I wanted to do the restaurant so that I had the experience.  I did a walking tour of the club using my go pro but I haven't had a chance to edit it and get it posted.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, brookmill18 said:

Where are the beach beds as you enter the Club? They are first come, first served? Thank you!

They are in next to the Pool and yes they are first come first serve.

• Thanks 1

I just canceled our passes last night. I paid $160.99 and now it’s like $179.00. Since we’re cruising 9/26 week capacity will still be low so I just don’t think it’s worth it. I don’t care about the upgraded food. The Oasis Lagoon pool looks nicer to me anyway and I’d rather use a regular lounger by the pool than those beach beds. I find them very uncomfortable. 

• Like 1

I got em for $95, then the beach cabana at Coco Beach Club dropped from $1,399 to $699. I canceled the day pass for the cabana. I would only do it again if there were 2 ships docked. We also treated that day as our specialty dining day. The food was very, very good.

Cabana Tip: The fridges at Coco Beach Club Cabanas barely work, those beers have definitely been skunked.

Edited by Moltar

We got the Beach Club day pass for $45 January 2020 for our March 2020 sailing.  For us two seniors it was very nice & quiet.  We got there and made reservations for lunch the earliest was 1:00 a little late for us.  The pool is very small, we did enjoy the served lunch I think we would have enjoyed the larger pool area and the food at the other places just as well.  We wouldn't  reserve it again for any price especially for just the 2 of us.

Edited by Lorey2007

We paid $160 pp in September on the Adventure. Enjoyed it very much. 

We rationalize it as a $160 ShoreEx where you sit back, get served drinks, get lobster and grouper for lunch instead of a death-march "adventure hike" up a hill "for our enjoyment" in another port. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

We paid $160 pp in September on the Adventure. Enjoyed it very much. 

We rationalize it as a $160 ShoreEx where you sit back, get served drinks, get lobster and grouper for lunch instead of a death-march "adventure hike" up a hill "for our enjoyment" in another port. 

To me, that's twice the price of a typical "all inclusive beach break" and it's not even all-inclusive unless you have the drink package already (which probably adds at least another $50 on top of that).  

I'm glad that others like it and are willing to pay for it, though -- frees up even more space at the pool and beaches for the rest of us!  LOL

13 minutes ago, brillohead said:

To me, that's twice the price of a typical "all inclusive beach break" and it's not even all-inclusive unless you have the drink package already (which probably adds at least another $50 on top of that).  

I'm glad that others like it and are willing to pay for it, though -- frees up even more space at the pool and beaches for the rest of us!  LOL

Exactly. When I see the price all I can think is - they can't even get you drunk for that price?!?!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, brillohead said:

To me, that's twice the price of a typical "all inclusive beach break" and it's not even all-inclusive unless you have the drink package already (which probably adds at least another $50 on top of that).  I'm glad that others like it and are willing to pay for it, though -- frees up even more space at the pool and beaches for the rest of us!  LOL

The food at the chill grill is better than almost all "all inclusive" beach breaks with rubber-chicken and rice-n-peas. 

This all-you-can-eat is very nice

image.png.54cb28a62c27e92526f7b41db76c425b.png

image.png.1ece024cd92534b1e52380f144f32347.png

image.png.defa4a3083417ca57a770e674394e661.png

image.png.37518a05c0fccd48b0466709729283b2.png

image.png.24ab2182c184ba4df0a96d38d50cb328.png

image.png.2a555a29bbb573d7aeb938e639ad38be.png

image.png.59573b59422f63129e9087c1eb3dc103.png

image.png.d69c29970d0547b71613559472d99dcf.png

image.png.faccff5fc4d724e288a89792f17b2f9c.png

image.png.7bd3fc643f72f2c346ebbc7ddebfcf32.png

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The food at the chill grill is better than almost all "all inclusive" beach breaks with rubber-chicken and rice-n-peas. 

This all-you-can-eat is very nice

Maya Chan is $59, includes booze, and freshly grilled lunch (although not lobster).  No rubber chicken there!

• Like 1

I dunno about Maya Chan, but Mr Sanchos is the same price and from what I've heard there's no way offering lobster is worth double the cost with no alcohol included. For me at least. 

And I say that as someone who hung out on that beach back on the old cocoa cay. Even after we saw the sharks that way lol. 

2 hours ago, Moltar said:

Does Maya Chan have a fleet of 20 or more cruise ships, Thousands of employees and a recently constructed $250 million upgrade to a private island on top of all the other overhead costs?

The post I was responding to compared the Beach Club to a shore excursion where you sit back and get served drinks, not a $250M upgrade by a huge corporation, so you're comparing apples to orangutans.  Think Nachi Cocom, Mr. Sancho's, Paradise Beach, etc.

While lobster is certainly not on offer at every all-inclusive beach resort, I daresay that a lobster lunch isn't going to cost the $100+ difference in pricing that RCI is charging for its not-all-inclusive version.  

But as I said, as long as some people are willing to pay that price, they'll keep charging it, and it just leaves more room in the bigger pool and other beaches for the rest of us.  Fortunately, there are plenty of loungers and umbrellas available throughout the island, so one isn't required to spend tons of money to have an enjoyable beach day.  

• 3 weeks later...