Heads up. Pre Cruise Covid testing requirement from US ports has been extended to October 1st.

OhioCraig

Just want to let folks know if they didn’t notice that the pre cruise Covid testing requirement from US ports has been extended to October 1st. It was originally September 6th. Saw it on the Celebrity website healthyatsea.com .  Not really a surprise those. Kind of expected this. 

• Thanks 2

When I saw the original date of September 6, I started looking into testing options in my area.  We don't sail until September 11, but wanted to be prepared.  So no surprise when the date got pushed out to October 1.  I made my appointment today to be tested three days prior to sailing.

I'm happy to do it; want to stay healthy!

I received that email yesterday and was not surprised of the extension of the pre-cruise testing requirement.  However, I wish Celebrity would proofread their emails as today I received an email for my Millennium cruise in September which used the September 6 date.  Looks like Celebrity needs to get their act together to eliminate their unnecessary inconsistencies.

• Like 4

Please be sure to check this thread on the At Home Test with on line monitoring.   If I hadn't already scheduled and paid for my rapid test I would have done this but at the time I scheduled it they were not yet approved by Celebrity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, qoap24 said:

I figured it was going to be extended, so I too have been looking around for test before our cruise on the 17th. 

We received a phone call today from Celebrity (we sail on the Equinox on September 26th)

She asked if we had been vaccinated (yes - we both had had both shots) and she advised us to be sure and bring a negative Covid test     She did mention the "3- day" rule 

We have marked our calendar to make appointments at CVS on the Friday before we fly out to Ft Lauderdale on Saturday, to board on Sunday, the 26th 

Does anyone know if there is somewhere on our Reservation on the Celebrity web-site where we can see that they have recorded the fact that we have been vaccinated ?

Edited by GreenValleyDogWalker
oops

6 minutes ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

Does anyone know if there is somewhere on our Reservation on the Celebrity web-site where we can see that they have recorded the fact that we have been vaccinated ?

I just checked in my account for our December sailing, and our vax status doesn't show there, but it is listed on our invoice from Celebrity.  If you really want to double check that they have your correct status now, give them a call and ask them to email you a current invoice.   

11 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

If this was not a supervised test, it is worthless and they won’t be able to board the ship

If this was in reference to the thread that Jim linked, yes it was supervised, it was the exact test Celebrity describes in detail on it's FAQs. 

If you post something like this without knowing the facts, you are scaring people who might already be hesitant to take this test that Celebrity approves. 

The post fully states that it is the supervised/ proctored test. Further into it, there are responses that stress the difference and that the regular home test is NOT accepted.

Edited by Smmessineo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

On UK Silhouette cruises, we had to provide proof at the port. This was then scanned with an iPad.

3 hours ago, TeeRick said:

I got the email for our Sept 24th cruise.  It was 100% expected.

The update to accepting telehealth administered tests could solve your Seattle issues, Rick...

But I might order the the kit now!

• Like 1