Diamond Question on drinks & Coco Cay...

big al

Hi All- I heard that now as a Diamond member you are allowed 5 drinks per day ANYTIME or ANYWHERE on the ship..is this true? Before you had to get the drinks like up to 8 pm and only certain bars honored them..also: do the 5 drinks a day include Coco Cay and Labadee? Is this information found on the RCI website? Thanks!

Big Al

1 minute ago, big al said:

Hi All- I heard that now as a Diamond member you are allowed 5 drinks per day ANYTIME or ANYWHERE on the ship..is this true? Before you had to get the drinks like up to 8 pm and only certain bars honored them..also: do the 5 drinks a day include Coco Cay and Labadee? Is this information found on the RCI website? Thanks!

Big Al

Diamonds get 4 drinks a day, all day, anywhere including the private islands. Well except room service and the mini bar. . 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The sea calls my name said:

I love this new change and hope it continues. It was so nice last week to be able to get a "voucher" drink during the middle of the day, or after the nightly show. Also, things I like ( like Sauvignon Blanc) I can now use a Diamond Voucher for.

It's already been announced that it's permanent

2 minutes ago, brookmill18 said:

I'm assuming the answer is yes, but a Diamond level under 21 can use the 4 drinks a day for speciality coffees, non-alcoholic drinks at bars, sodas, etc? They can be used at Cafe Promenade or Coffee station at Wind Jammer?

Yes, ANY bar/restaurant except Starbucks-branded counter and Bionic Bar.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fantom333 said:

Anyone know if they can be used at the Rising Tide bar on Oasis class?

35 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Yes, because there's an actual human bartender there processing the charge on your card. Just let them know you want to use a Diamond Voucher.

For what it's worth, I've seen conflicting information on the Rising Tide bar ... some say yes, some no. I don't have first-hand knowledge either way, though.

44 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

I didn’t think under 21 got any vouchers. Have any parents validated? Pre-Covid, the vouchers were only for 21 and over. 

If anyone has info, would love to know. Was rethinking getting her the soda package and could avoid paying for some mocha lattes at Cafe Promenade!

40 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I’ve read conflicting information on this one, too.  In the past vouchers were only for adults but I believe @smokeybandit reported that all D+ regardless of age were able to redeem coupons. 

Yes, minors get vouchers. Though this was on Adventure, but I assume this is fleet-wide

• Thanks 1

I thought I read that as of Sept 1st they are opening the Diamond lounges back up.  Will they still be using the vouchers, or will we go back to the cocktail hours for free drinks in the lounge between certain hours?

45 minutes ago, bren61 said:

I thought I read that as of Sept 1st they are opening the Diamond lounges back up.  Will they still be using the vouchers, or will we go back to the cocktail hours for free drinks in the lounge between certain hours?

Vouchers. I believe I read that the voucher system is permanent

• Like 1

15 hours ago, big al said:

Big Al

This is from my latest RCG Email.

Graham.

Screenshot_20210831_173008_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210831_172920_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bren61 said:

The Diamond Lounge will be open but the free drinks during Happy Hour are a thing of the past. Any drink you get in the Diamond Lounge will require payment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

The Diamond Lounge will be open but the free drinks during Happy Hour are a thing of the past. Any drink you get in the Diamond Lounge will require payment.

Payment in the form of a drink voucher, if you still have some left by happy hour time. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bren61 said:

Had no idea that the diamond lounges weren’t  open on some ships. We were on Freedom on 7/30 and it was open then. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, bren61 said:

Diamond Lounges have always been open, but at a limited capacity. What this announcement was for was saying they're removing the capacity restrictions for the DL