Princess Cay 100% vaccinated ?

ALWAYS CRUZIN

2 hours ago, skynight said:

Yes, Princess Cays is included. There are local residents there that work on the property. Also for the balance of 2021 Princess requires all guests to be vaccinated to board, no exceptions noted for children. Check out the FAQ's.

FAQ where? Not on CC not on the Princess Website.

2 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Just because a cruise line owns an island does not make it not part of a country. Why would anyone think that the country's laws do not apply?

The corporation owns, maybe leases, some beach front property on the southern end of Eleuthera Island in the Bahamas. Probably less than 1% of the island's land. There are around 8,000 or so local residents on the rest of the island. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Just because a cruise line owns an island does not make it not part of a country. Why would anyone think that the country's laws do not apply?

I am sure that the cruise companies believe and try to act as if the laws of host counties don't apply to their private islands or private beaches.

DON

25 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

I am sure that the cruise companies believe and try to act as if the laws of host counties don't apply to their private islands or private beaches.

DON

Why would you say that? Of course they have to abide by the laws.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

I already did that. I find nothing about Princess Cay.

They don't technically mention any port, but they are very clear that for ALL sailings from the US through December 31, 2021 the following will be in effect and it makes no mention of exemptions and/or children. It says there is no age restriction, but all passengers of all ages must be fully vaccinated. Therefore, if your child is below vaccination age then they obviously can't be on these sailings. 

Are these cruises only available to COVID-19 vaccinated guests?

Yes. These cruises are available for guests who have received their final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise and have proof of vaccination, in accordance with CDC guidelines.

Proof of COVID-19 vaccination and the dates given will be required and will need to be shown at the terminal prior to boarding. Failure to provide this evidence will result in denial of boarding.

There is no age restriction on this series of cruises but guests of all ages must be fully vaccinated. 

If you are unlikely to be fully vaccinated at the time of departure, please refer to our Book with Confidence Policy. 

Guests should always ensure they understand all requirements to travel from their home country and the destinations they plan to visit. Details continue to be updated regularly and official websites and apps developed by government agencies and tourism ministries are the recommended resources.

For guests on voyages sailing from Southampton between September 30 and November 3, 2021 on Regal Princess and between October 5 and November 5, 2021 on Sky Princess, all guests 18 years old and over will be required to have completed their vaccination course a minimum of 14 days prior to sailing. All guests 17 years old and below will need to have completed their vaccination course a minimum 14 days prior to sailing or will require a negative PCR test within 72 hours prior to travel.

2 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

I already did that. I find nothing about Princess Cay.

If you can't board without being vaccinated then it's clear only those that are vaccinated will visit Princess Cay. Currently since children under 12 can not be vaccinated, they can't board. So, that Bahamas exclusion would not apply. The Captain is required to submit a manifest of all crew and passengers certifying that all are vaccinated before being allowed to enter the port. Yes, Princess Cay is a Bahamas port. At this time the policy is clear. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, donaldsc said:

DON

I would think they pay local and Bahamas taxes plus abide by all the local and federal laws of the countries they visit. To do otherwise would cause the cruise harm. Why would they run their business any differently? Again, Princess Cays is not a private island. It is acreage on a large island that they own or lease. You will notice local police walking around when you visit Princess Cays.

1 hour ago, skynight said:

I would think they pay local and Bahamas taxes plus abide by all the local and federal laws of the countries they visit. To do otherwise would cause the cruise harm. Why would they run their business any differently? Again, Princess Cays is not a private island. It is acreage on a large island that they own or lease. You will notice local police walking around when you visit Princess Cays.

Any business anywhere tries to exert pressure on local authorities to change or ignore local regulations to improve the business' bottom line.  Cruise lines are no different than other business's in this respect except that they may have a more significant ability to pressure the authorities because they are more important to the local economy.  Do you really believe otherwise.

DON

10 hours ago, ontheweb said:

9 hours ago, skynight said:

The corporation owns, maybe leases, some beach front property on the southern end of Eleuthera Island in the Bahamas. Probably less than 1% of the island's land. There are around 8,000 or so local residents on the rest of the island. 

It's more of a backyard that has been expanded into a resort area for cruise ship passenger use with some employees. I believe it is two people that live inside Princess Cays if I remember correctly. 

15 hours ago, skynight said:

If you can't board without being vaccinated then it's clear only those that are vaccinated will visit Princess Cay. Currently since children under 12 can not be vaccinated, they can't board.

That may be a Princess rule, but the Bahamas says those not eligible for the vaccine (namely children) can visit with appropriate testing.

3 hours ago, caribill said:

That may be a Princess rule, but the Bahamas says those not eligible for the vaccine (namely children) can visit with appropriate testing.

Correct. But if you can not board a Princess ship then you will not be able to visit Princess Cays when that Princess ship stops there.