20% off most cruises fares through 9/16

Jeremiah1212

The official "promotion" page is here: https://www.celebritycruises.com/promo-controller?contentPromotionId=promotion-170

- 298 sailings included at the moment, which sounds pretty much like all future sailings, except Galapagos.

I expect several users on the board to be able to fetch substantial savings with this promotion.

Edited by mikkelhansen
  • Like 2

We were booked on Beyond, TA, Nov 2022, we have since canceled.  We were able to get a better suite on Oceania, similar itinerary, though 2 less days, 10 rather than 12, $$ diff for the two of us was almost $8k.  No always included but with the $$ savings who cares.  Anyway, today I looked at the same suite on Beyond that we have canceled, it is now $3k LESS than what we were booked at.  Something is happening, Delta giving people pause and starting to cancel? IDK but just glad we do not sail until late in 2022.  

Edited by LGW59

I just checked the new price on my cruise and it would reduce my fare by less than $40. The 20% discount was applied but the base price had increased by nearly the same amount in just the past week or so. I hope it works out better in general.

1 minute ago, susiesan said:

As a newcomer to Celebrity, if you have already payed in full and a promotion comes out with a lower price, can you refare your cruise? Is the refund sent back to your credit card or is it in the form of OBC or FCC?

You should be able to have the cruise repriced, and after final payment the difference would be awarded as non-refundable onboard credit, as far as I am aware.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, susiesan said:

As a newcomer to Celebrity, if you have already payed in full and a promotion comes out with a lower price, can you refare your cruise? Is the refund sent back to your credit card or is it in the form of OBC or FCC?

If you are before the final payment the price is adjusted, if it is after the final payment it is on board credit

1 minute ago, gerelmx said:

If you are before the final payment the price is adjusted, if it is after the final payment it is on board credit

Do all cruise lines do this or is it just Celebrity?  SO if one is saving say $1500, it goes to OBC, kind of hard to use all that if your not buying overpriced jewelry, art work etc.

4 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Checked my March 2022 booking, and it would cost $2,000 more to refare. Perhaps a good sale for more recent bookings, but not for ones that have been held for any length of time.

Yesterday there were substantial price increases on all my cruises, it seems that this discount is a joke

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

Haha, After yesterday's price increases this discount is a joke, the discount it's not valid world wide 🤬

We booked our Edge cruise for Europe in 2022 in early spring and the price never changed until today when the 20% discount was applied.  We got a major price reduction!

As the cruise I am looking at is Nov. 29, 2021 Millenium from Ft. Lauderdale if I book it now I have to pay in full. So if the price drops again I would have to take the OBC.

For a veranda guaranty the price went down $458 and down $680 for the AI  veranda between yesterday and today.

2 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Do all cruise lines do this or is it just Celebrity?  SO if one is saving say $1500, it goes to OBC, kind of hard to use all that if your not buying overpriced jewelry, art work etc.

After final payment the cruiseline is really not obligated to give you anything.  The fact you’re able to get it in OBC is beyond fair.  Use it for excursions, specialty restaurants, the spa, etc.  I would be thrilled with $1500 OBC!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lady Arwen said:

We booked our Edge cruise for Europe in 2022 in early spring and the price never changed until today when the 20% discount was applied.  We got a major price reduction!

Yesterday price increases in my bookings : 1) Millennium/Panama Canal April 18 veranda 2C $2,200, 2) Eclipse/Alaska May 15 veranda 1A $520 and 3) Summit/Iceland & Greenland August 19 Inside 12 $886

8 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

After final payment the cruiseline is really not obligated to give you anything.  The fact you’re able to get it in OBC is beyond fair.  Use it for excursions, specialty restaurants, the spa, etc.  I would be thrilled with $1500 OBC!

Flexible Cancellations & Best Price Guarantee | Celebrity Cruises

receipt_checkMark.svg

Best Offer Guarantee

If the fare on your sailing is reduced or the promotion gets better, give us a call and we’ll honor your choice right up to 48 hours before you sail.

• You may change your offer as many times as desired up to 48 hours before sailing.
  • For bookings within final payment, any amounts owed will be refunded in the form of nonrefundable Onboard Credit. For bookings outside of final payment, any amounts owed will be refunded to the original form of cruise fare payment.
  • Bookings made after October 31, 2021, will be covered with our existing Best Price Guarantee policy.
  • Bookings made by UK & Ireland guests after October 31, 2021 will be covered by the existing Price Promise policy.

1 minute ago, gerelmx said:

receipt_checkMark.svg

Best Offer Guarantee

If the fare on your sailing is reduced or the promotion gets better, give us a call and we’ll honor your choice right up to 48 hours before you sail.

• You may change your offer as many times as desired up to 48 hours before sailing.
  • For bookings within final payment, any amounts owed will be refunded in the form of nonrefundable Onboard Credit. For bookings outside of final payment, any amounts owed will be refunded to the original form of cruise fare payment.
  • Bookings made after October 31, 2021, will be covered with our existing Best Price Guarantee policy.
  • Bookings made by UK & Ireland guests after October 31, 2021 will be covered by the existing Price Promise policy.

Thank you!  I guess things have certainly changed recently.  In the past, once we were after final payment, you had to beg for a little OBC if the price was reduced.  Many times we were denied.  I appreciate the update ver much!

13 minutes ago, susiesan said:

As the cruise I am looking at is Nov. 29, 2021 Millenium from Ft. Lauderdale if I book it now I have to pay in full. So if the price drops again I would have to take the OBC.

For a veranda guaranty the price went down $458 and down $680 for the AI  veranda between yesterday and today.