20% off most cruises fares through 9/16

Jeremiah1212

34 minutes ago, EBB5856 said:

Thank you to the Cruise Critic community for posting the Celebrity sale information.  It took a few days to get through to our TA, but we were able to reprice today with considerable savings. 

Hey that's great!  It's taking a few days for my TA too so I think I will call tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I booked the last inside solo cabin and was able to get the 20% percent discount applied. 

Just not sure if the ship will sail but in that case will be refunded.

Glad to hear you were able to get the 20% off the last available solo cabin. We’ve had these two cruises booked for awhile and all of the SV cabins on one cruise and all the AQ cabins on the other cruise have been sold out for awhile. We’re curious if anyone has been able to get their existing booking refared with the 20% discount if their applicable cabin category has been sold out for awhile.

19 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Glad to hear you were able to get the 20% off the last available solo cabin. We’ve had these two cruises booked for awhile and all of the SV cabins on one cruise and all the AQ cabins on the other cruise have been sold out for awhile. We’re curious if anyone has been able to get their existing booking refared with the 20% discount if their applicable cabin category has been sold out for awhile.

My TA was able to get the 20% off on my next cruise in March 2022 and I saved $488.  But she was unable to get the 20% off on a cruise I have booked for September 2022 because there are no available cabins left in the category I am currently booked on.

Edited by darsura
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, StartrainDD said:

Question:

A cruise we would like to take next year is on the sale at a better price than we've seen recently.  However, we board the Equinox on Friday (the 17th) and was planning to book onboard for the additional benefits.  Of course, the promo ends on Thursday (the 16th).

So do we 1) wait and take our chances; 2) can we 'hold' the cruise on Thursday and complete the booking onboard on Friday? or 3) just book it now with our T/A?

We've never been able to book onboard with X although we have done that on other lines.

Thank you for any opinions! 

I vote for #2 provided you can book it late enough to cover the 24 hours...

Yet, not sure if the agency on-board will be open first day... roll of the dice.

Have your TA on speed dial just in case...

Have a great trip and bon voyage

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Anyone have any luck getting the 20% discount if your cabin category is sold out? We got discounts on two of our bookings, but forgot to ask about another two that are currently sold out in our cabin category as Celebrity has never allowed a price reduction in a sold out category in the past that we're aware of.

I was able to. I originally had an SV category on a Beyond cruise. It was also sold out and Celebrity said no. My TA then switched me to an infinity balcony. I did this only because it was such a big price difference I couldn't justify keeping my SV. But in the process of doing that, my SV became available with pricing. So I was then able to switch back and keep my original SV at a $2,000 cheaper price. But a gamble!

Edited by koolforkatz
clarity
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, koolforkatz said:

I was able to. I originally had an SV category on a Beyond cruise. It was also sold out and Celebrity said no. My TA then switched me to an infinity balcony. I did this only because it was such a big price difference I couldn't justify keeping my SV. But in the process of doing that, my OV became available with pricing. So I was then able to switch back and keep my original SV at a $2,000 cheaper price. But a gamble!

2 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Ultimately there has to be a cabin open in the category to create a price. You can try changing quickly like the person above described but that is a big gamble. 

Thanks! Since both cabins are in nice locations, I don’t think it’s worth the gamble as I’m sure the price of both cabins have increased significantly anyway since we first booked them over a year ago and probably would only be a minor savings, if that. But thanks for sharing your thoughts as to how it might be accomplished. 😎

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I'm wondering how long the refund will take: hope its not 90 days.  I'll have my CVP look into it as with the current sales hold tines are very long.

1 minute ago, drakes2 said:

I'm wondering how long the refund will take: hope its not 90 days.  I'll have my CVP look into it as with the current sales hold tines are very long.

What refund?  If your past final payment you get the price drop in non-refundable OBC.  If you are before final payment then your balance due is reduced.

3 minutes ago, jelayne said:

What refund?  If your past final payment you get the price drop in non-refundable OBC.  If you are before final payment then your balance due is reduced.

I made final payment Thursday and price dropped Friday my CVP was able to reprice it as was within the 24 hour time-frame.  After that would have been obc.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Why be disappointed? It means you got a really good price on the cruise to begin with. 😄

I guess I was just caught up in the moment and was hoping for a discount. I'm over it. 😂 We did get a really good price and looking foreword to a really good cruise. 

• Like 1

There is no rhyme nor reason why Celebrity reps say one thing to one person and something else to another. For example, our Silhouette cruise 12/13/21 was completely paid( before final payment date) for and today our ta had the price lowered over $500, back to our credit card. Then our Apex cruise, 11/4/21 was also lowered, and again after final payment. The reduced difference went back to credit card.

Hal

11 minutes ago, Peggy Tuten said:

My TA said she was told that the promotion only applied to bookings made after 1 Sept 2021.  Did anyone get a discount on booking made prior to this?  We made ours in July.

Got the discount for a booking made in March 2021 for an April 2022 cruise.

18 minutes ago, Peggy Tuten said:

My TA said she was told that the promotion only applied to bookings made after 1 Sept 2021.  Did anyone get a discount on booking made prior to this?  We made ours in July.

We originally booked 28 June 21, and were wait-listed for a different category, and that cleared on 9 September 21.   Still, as the category remained sold out after we cleared the wait-list, and it was my impression that there wouldn't be any repricing in that instance, not sure how that qualified, but I'm not going to argue with a $4200 reduction in fare, either!  Paid for most of the upgrade.

Edited by canderson

We just booked an S2 suite on the Apex for the Nov 12, 2022 Western Caribbean cruise for our 20th anniversary. Sale saved us $1,800. I had been watching prices on a few different itineraries for a while so when the 20% sale started my first thought was that they jacked up the prices. At least for the cruises we were looking at, this wasn't the case. We also have an Aug 2022 Alaska cruise booked, when I priced it out on the sale, the group price we got from a Big Box TA was still $950 less per cabin.  

1 hour ago, Peggy Tuten said:

Our Celebrity PVP applied the 20% promotion to one of our bookings made after 1 Sep 2021 and one made back in early 2021.

Thank you to the OP for this information.

It took my TA a couple of days to get it sorted with Celebrity but I have saved $500 on my April 2022 transatlantic cruise.  I could have got an even better deal with a non-refundable rate but I'm sticking to refundable for now, given that we've no idea if UK travellers will be allowed into the US by then.  (I'm in the UK but book through a US TA.)

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Ultimately there has to be a cabin open in the category to create a price. You can try changing quickly like the person above described but that is a big gamble. 

Actually we were told we could, even though AQ was sold out on our 2022Hawaii cruise,but...

Celebrity had raised the prices enough that my fare was still cheaper. And i thought our rate was a bit pricey to begin with...almost double that we paid 2 years ago, same boat/cabin, ect.

Still happy to be cruising!