20% off most cruises fares through 9/16

Jeremiah1212

5 minutes ago, scidee said:

Add on question to the 20% off promo.  Has anyone been able to find 2023 sailings at 20% off?  Which ones?  We already have 4 cruises for 2022, but are looking ahead.  Thanks

The fine print says it only applies to cruises departing up to December 31, 2022.  From the website:

*Cruise must be booked Sept.10-16, 2021 (the “Offer Period”). Offer applies to select sailings departing Oct. 11, 2021 to Dec. 31, 2022 (“Offer Cruise”). Offer excludes Galapagos sailings and Alaska Cruisetours. Eligible sailings listed at celebritycruises.com/promo-controller?contentPromotionId=promotion-170.

On 9/10/2021 at 11:34 AM, Julma said:

My category is sold out.  Before I call, any idea if theyre able to do anything in that case?

I called yesterday and was told nothing could be done. I sent an email to my original Celebrity representative and he replied with a 20% price reduction. My category is also sold out.

On 9/10/2021 at 11:53 AM, Jeremiah1212 said:

There has to be a cabin available in the category to generate a fare. For example if you are booked in an SV and they are sold out, you could not reprice until there was an SV cabin open. 

I just got the 20% discount and all of my category were sold out. 

• Thanks 1

We have a group of 5 cabins going on the April Celebrity Reflection.  They are Sunset Ocean View cabins.  Between the 5 cabins we saved $7150.35.  It was well worth the 40 minutes I spent on hold yesterday.  It was about $1430 per cabin.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, slanik said:

We have a group of 5 cabins going on the April Celebrity Reflection.  They are Sunset Ocean View cabins.  Between the 5 cabins we saved $7150.35.  It was well worth the 40 minutes I spent on hold yesterday.  It was about $1430 per cabin.

Are you working with a TA or directly with Celebrity?

1 hour ago, kenb said:

I called yesterday and was told nothing could be done. I sent an email to my original Celebrity representative and he replied with a 20% price reduction. My category is also sold out.

Well Ken, I'm following your lead and just left a VM with our Celebrity PVP to see if she can apply the 20% discount to our Nov 2021 Apex cruise where our SV category has been sold out now for awhile. It will be interesting to see what happens.

2 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Well Ken, I'm following your lead and just left a VM with our Celebrity PVP to see if she can apply the 20% discount to our Nov 2021 Apex cruise where our SV category has been sold out now for awhile. It will be interesting to see what happens.

@kenbI just heard back from my PVP and she said we couldn't get the promotion applied because it was after final payment. But she also suggested our sold out category would have been an issue as well. So congratulations for getting the 20% discount applied to your sold out category booking!

45 minutes ago, slanik said:

For those of you who use a TA - do they follow these sales and automatically reprice your cruises or do you have to contact them?  

My own opinion is that following the sales is my job, not my TA's.  She has lots and lots of clients and checking category availability, cut off dates, and pricing are done manually.  I looked up all my booked cruises thru 12-31-22, compared sale prices to my existing invoices, and then sent her an email for the cruises where I could save money.  I sent her the booking number, old price, new price, and the OBCs.  Made it easier for her.  I chose to upgrade one cabin and took savings on the ones that weren't sold out in my category.  She knew exactly what I wanted to do and I knew it was done when the new invoices showed up in my inbox.  

Edited by goofysmom99

45 minutes ago, slanik said:

For those of you who use a TA - do they follow these sales and automatically reprice your cruises or do you have to contact them?  Would it be possible for them to pocket the savings and not pass it on to you?

That's exactly what I'm trying to figure out.  No answer yet from either of the two TAs I've reached out to.

Any time I have seen a price reduction, I have had to contact my TA.  As Goofy said they have lots of work to do and it is up to us to ask.  I have gotten the lower price but sometimes they also lower their OBC as a lower price means less commission for them.

20 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Anyone have any luck getting the 20% discount if your cabin category is sold out? We got discounts on two of our bookings, but forgot to ask about another two that are currently sold out in our cabin category as Celebrity has never allowed a price reduction in a sold out category in the past that we're aware of.

I just got off of the phone with Celebrity and the agent was able to apply the 20% discount to my booking even though our cabin category is sold out.  Last week when I called, the agent said no but I called again today, spoke with a different agent and she was able to do it.  We were only able to save $300.00 on our cabin but I am glad I called back and the Celebrity agent was able to give us the discount.  If you cabin category is sold out, call Celebrity back and speak to someone who knows how to apply the discount to sold out cabins.

Have looked for no evidence to support this idea, but wonder if application to existing cruises isn't in part a question of whether the nature of the deposit and timing before final payment would make it possible to just cancel and re-book without penalty, and since the re-book would occur now, during the 20% sale, they just do it rather than agitating about the cancellation/re-booking process.

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

@kenbI just heard back from my PVP and she said we couldn't get the promotion applied because it was after final payment. But she also suggested our sold out category would have been an issue as well. So congratulations for getting the 20% discount applied to your sold out category booking!

I'd call back and ask for it in OBC.  When I asked for my October cruises, they said, no go after final, but I asked about OBC and I was able to get it.

3 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I have two cruises next year on the Summit (repo cruises), one in a Celebrity Suite and one in a Penthouse, both categories are sold out.  I just got off the phone with X (no wait time on hold) and was credited 3,220.  Worth trying again and maybe mention you're reading here that it's possible.