20% off most cruises fares through 9/16

Jeremiah1212

My Celebrity CVP believes I'll receive $454 in additional OBC for my October cruise. He said it could take up to 14 days to see the change.

Unfortunately, my attempt to get over $2,800 in price drops on my 2022 bookings hasn't gone as well. My TA was unable to get through to Celebrity yesterday, and she's off today. I had to call the agency this morning to ask one of the other agents to work on this for me. Fingers crossed!

I'm very happy for everyone who has obtained price drops or OBC😊

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

My Celebrity CVP believes I'll receive $454 in additional OBC for my October cruise. He said it could take up to 14 days to see the change.

Our TA requested the OBC around 9 yesterday morning and it was showing on the cruise planner yesterday afternoon .

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Our TA requested the OBC around 9 yesterday morning and it was showing on the cruise planner yesterday afternoon .

Interesting. Thanks for the heads up. My CVP sent completed an online form & said it could take up to 14 days to be reflected in the cruise planner🤷‍♀️ Just checked my Cruise Planner. No change.

1 hour ago, Silkroad said:

Unfortunately, my attempt to get over $2,800 in price drops on my 2022 bookings hasn't gone as well. My TA was unable to get through to Celebrity yesterday, and she's off today. I had to call the agency this morning to ask one of the other agents to work on this for me. Fingers crossed!

My TA is on the Equinox right now and is having to take care of a lot of clients today.  She's doing a good job of it from there, though.  So far, savings have been ~$2K and already have 1 of the new invoices.  I'll cross my fingers for you.  🤞

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TeaBag said:

I held for nearly 2 hours today and decided something must be wrong.  Got fed up with them thanking me for my patience.  I phoned another number on the cell and got through in about 20 minutes.  Jennifer helped me save $486 on a cruise booked last April.   This took a fair while.   I hope I get the double points also but I'm not sure since it was not a new booking today.   I also made it into a B2B and the price today on the added cruise was definitely 20% lower than earlier this week.  Meanwhile I was still being thanked for my patience..............

Happy for all those who did even better than I did.  And yes, I got the email this AM re the sale.

Could you share what number you used?

I reached out yesterday on the number listed on the Best Price Guarantee page and was on hold for over 1.5 hours and the rep that picked up said that he couldn't do anything but would transfer me to someone who could.  He transferred me to Royal Caribbean who was really confused.  She transferred me back to Celebrity.  After about a total of 3+ hours I got a rep that said she would assist...she could not and transferred me again but stayed with me checking with me about even 4-5 minutes until she got through to a rep.  The final person I spoke with supposedly filed the paperwork and told me that I should see an OBC but that it would take up to 14 days.  Just would like to be able to verify that something is in process.

1 hour ago, kfrey68 said:

Could you share what number you used?

I reached out yesterday on the number listed on the Best Price Guarantee page and was on hold for over 1.5 hours and the rep that picked up said that he couldn't do anything but would transfer me to someone who could.  He transferred me to Royal Caribbean who was really confused.  She transferred me back to Celebrity.  After about a total of 3+ hours I got a rep that said she would assist...she could not and transferred me again but stayed with me checking with me about even 4-5 minutes until she got through to a rep.  The final person I spoke with supposedly filed the paperwork and told me that I should see an OBC but that it would take up to 14 days.  Just would like to be able to verify that something is in process.

The number I called on the cell was 1-800-556-8209  (customer service) 20 min wait.

The number where I held forever was 1-844-418-6824 (Captains Club)

i got my new invoice reflecting the new lower price while I was still on the phone.  However, I have to phone back as they dropped the OBC I had from the first booking.  I hope it's a mistake.  I will call to have this rectified after the sale is over!

So sorry you had such a run around.  They need to change their recording saying it might be a 30 min wait!!

Thanks to the TA who is working today, I've received new Booking Confirmations for all my 2022 cruises (two b2bs). Total cruise fare savings is $2,919. Total reduction of TA OBC is $800. Net savings is $2,119. I'm so happy that I may book the 2022 fall TP (Vancouver - Honolulu) that I have on hold😂 Good luck, everyone!

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Thanks to the TA who is working today, I've received new Booking Confirmations for all my 2022 cruises (two b2bs). Total cruise fare savings is $2,919. Total reduction of TA OBC is $800. Net savings is $2,119. I'm so happy that I may book the 2022 fall TP (Vancouver - Honolulu) that I have on hold😂 Good luck, everyone!

You say *reduction* of OBC?  Some folks are reporting more.

I wish my TA was this fast.

2 minutes ago, zitsky said:

You say *reduction* of OBC?  Some folks are reporting more.

I wish my TA was this fast.

OBC from Celebrity was not affected. My travel agent's OBC is based on fare, so it's normal to see OBC reduced along with fare reductions.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Silkroad said:

Interesting. Thanks for the heads up. My CVP sent completed an online form & said it could take up to 14 days to be reflected in the cruise planner🤷‍♀️ Just checked my Cruise Planner. No change.

Mine also showed up on my cruise planner within an hour of the confirmation from my TA. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/10/2021 at 7:15 AM, Jeremiah1212 said:

May want to do some price checking or shopping around. I'm seeing some pretty substantial price adjustments this morning.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!   After 2.5 well spent hours we had our 2 single cabins on the October 2022 Japan cruise reduced by over CAD$1,000 each.    And without any loss of $200 OBC each or other perks.  Bravo Cruisecritic members!

• Like 1

Just for information, make sure you are ok with the NRD (non-refundable deposit) on your future cruises, that was part of the 20% off sale. Cruise with Confidence only goes so far into 2022. Check the fine print on the website.  I have to go back in for my end of 2022 cruises and see if I can pay more for refundable and still save!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, citruscruiser said:

Just for information, make sure you are ok with the NRD (non-refundable deposit) on your future cruises, that was part of the 20% off sale. Cruise with Confidence only goes so far into 2022. Check the fine print on the website.  I have to go back in for my end of 2022 cruises and see if I can pay more for refundable and still save!

When I spoke with my Big Box TA to make the change I was very specific to ensure that the Refundable Deposit Option was available with the 20% off campaign.   They did confirm that it was if we chose that option.   In addition I went on the Celebrity website to make a mock new booking for our cruise.  It did allow me to choose the Refundable Deposit option and still get the 20% savings.

Veranda Stateroom

First Guest

$7,358.00

Discounts

20 PCTSAV

-$1,472.00

Always Included℠ - Refundable

Wi-Fi

Drinks

Tips

Dining

Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner included at select venues

Main Dining Time - Anytime Dining

Taxes & Fees

Taxes, Fees, and Port Expenses

$162.00

Trip Total

$6,048.00 CAD

1 minute ago, TashaB said:

When I spoke with my Big Box TA to make the change I was very specific to ensure that the Refundable Deposit Option was available with the 20% off campaign.   They did confirm that it was if we chose that option.   In addition I went on the Celebrity website to make a mock new booking for our cruise.  It did allow me to choose the Refundable Deposit option and still get the 20% savings.

Veranda Stateroom

First Guest

$7,358.00

Discounts

20 PCTSAV

-$1,472.00

Always Included℠ - Refundable

Wi-Fi

Drinks

Tips

Dining

Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner included at select venues

Main Dining Time - Anytime Dining

Taxes & Fees

Taxes, Fees, and Port Expenses

$162.00

Trip Total

$6,048.00 CAD

Is this total for one person in the IV cabin?

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

Is this total for one person in the IV cabin?

Price in Canadian dollars.....around 25% less in US dollars.....for single occupancy Category 2B on the Solstice October 26, 2022 for 12 days.  Not much more for a double as singles pay 200% unfortunately.  This price includes the refundable deposit option.  

I just booked for May on Thursday. For five people across two cat 1A  state rooms. The price I booked at was about $600 higher total than the price when I first started looking at the cruise, but I may have originally been looking at a slightly less expensive veranda.  That was maybe a month or two ago. I was able to re-price with the new discount and saved $880 from what I booked at.  

2 hours ago, citruscruiser said:

There are still rate codes for 20% off both refundable and NRD fares. Or if you're in group space with a TA anymore you are almost always under a refundable rate. 

Unfortunately , not available in the UK.😱

These are out promotions as Celebrity Cruises Captain’s Club:

Hi Jackie

Thank you for your message.

We do run different promotions across the different international markets.

For the UK, we currently have free upgrade on selected 2022 sailings and reduced air fares on selected sailings.

Thanks

Jack

Edited by upwarduk