20% off most cruises fares through 9/16

Jeremiah1212

We have two Christmas cruises planned (one was a result of a recent shifted booking from a cancelled cruise) and neither of them benefit from the 20% discount because of the way prices have risen.

13 minutes ago, Julma said:

I have two cruises next year on the Summit (repo cruises), one in a Celebrity Suite and one in a Penthouse, both categories are sold out.  I just got off the phone with X (no wait time on hold) and was credited 3,220.  Worth trying again and maybe mention you're reading here that it's possible.  

It is worth a second call.  I could not get the discount initially when my TA called as she was told my category was sold out.  I asked her to call again after mentioning what is being posted here, and today I was given the discount in FCC.  

28 minutes ago, Julma said:

I have two cruises next year on the Summit (repo cruises), one in a Celebrity Suite and one in a Penthouse, both categories are sold out.  I just got off the phone with X (no wait time on hold) and was credited 3,220.  Worth trying again and maybe mention you're reading here that it's possible.  

Good to hear, but the sold out category bookings I have that are not within final payment would not render any savings as we got them pretty cheap when they first came out. But that’s definitely good info to know!

2 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

My own opinion is that following the sales is my job, not my TA's.  She has lots and lots of clients and checking category availability, cut off dates, and pricing are done manually.  I looked up all my booked cruises thru 12-31-22, compared sale prices to my existing invoices, and then sent her an email for the cruises where I could save money.  I sent her the booking number, old price, new price, and the OBCs.  Made it easier for her.  I chose to upgrade one cabin and took savings on the ones that weren't sold out in my category.  She knew exactly what I wanted to do and I knew it was done when the new invoices showed up in my inbox.  

Yep i have to ask for it....:(

Edited by lovrccl

I made an interesting discovery this evening. I did a fake booking on the two cruises we were able to get the 20% discount applied to, a Dec 2021 Xmas cruise and a May 2022 Alaska cruise both in AQ cabins, and the base fares had gone up roughly $400 pp on each cruise since yesterday when I did another fake booking. I guess it pays to get the 20% discount applied early in the promotion rather than waiting until the last day. 😎

We tried to reprice our upcoming November cruise, but we would lose our previous promotion which had more OBC than we'd gain with the refare. We left it alone. 

We apparently booked our March Apex crusie at a good time, because prices for lower categories are double what we booked for way back in 2019 (when we originally booked for 2020... and is now bumped to 2022)

• Thanks 1

I managed to haggle a little discount for a UK booked Beyond cruise. Spent an hour on the phone. However an ABC cruise was so much cheaper on the US site so cancelled it on the UK site for FCC (to use on the Beyond) and rebooked on the US site. Saved about $800.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, hawkesbaynz said:

I managed to haggle a little discount for a UK booked Beyond cruise. Spent an hour on the phone. However an ABC cruise was so much cheaper on the US site so cancelled it on the UK site for FCC (to use on the Beyond) and rebooked on the US site. Saved about $800.

Apologies if this has been discussed before...

As UK residents I can see that we're theoretically able to book on the US website,, but does this give us the same consumer rights?
Only asking because I could potentially save £2,000 on an SS booking on the Edge next year. 

2 hours ago, Spearj said:

Apologies if this has been discussed before...

As UK residents I can see that we're theoretically able to book on the US website,, but does this give us the same consumer rights?
Only asking because I could potentially save £2,000 on an SS booking on the Edge next year. 

Sorry I cannot answer that. This is a bit of an experiment. I will be having a similar sum going into my 'holiday' credit card from a refund booking on the US Travelzoo site for hotel booking I am cancelling in Antigua (Halifax Clarity which has no fx charges). 

I know many people use US TAs. I did have a look at a couple of sites but their prices were more than X and I did not wish to add a third party.

You could have a cheeky weeks cruise on an M class verandah for £2K!

• Thanks 1

In July, we booked a cruise for January, 2022.  To me, it seemed very over-priced compared to similar cruise pre-pandemic.  But since we were really getting "antsy" to start traveling again, we booked it.  As always, I continued to monitor prices.  This is now the second time since original booking that I have received a price drop.  It is now down to about what I would think was comparable to pre-pandemic.  I do not know if it will actually sail or if it will sail with restricted capacity (I hope so).  I have not yet booked my air tickets and will wait until after final payments are due.

2 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

It does look like the 20% off offer will be extended for bookings through 9/23 rather than ending tomorrow. 

Where did you see that?  I just checked the Celebrity website and it shows a count down clock for 1 day and 13 hrs.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KY Deb said:

I’ve been eyeballing a cruise to Spain and Portugal 10/22 but haven’t pulled the trigger.   Another week to mull it over would be nice.  And also to see if friends would join us.  

I believe that is now 10/20/2022 11 nights.  Some categories are sold out but some are still available. 

Also 10/3/22  10/31/22

Also! 10/12 but that has disappeared from the website.  I am on that one.

Edited by zitsky

It may also be wise to price against other Celebrity ships that are restarting and not as full as the one that you may have lifted and shifted to awhile back.  If we did not have a small NR deposit and large OBC,  there are two other options out there that would be very appealing.

It will be interesting to see how lines' pricing will hold one the FCCs are worked off.

I am very happy for all of you who received such great new pricing, but with all my cruises booked for 2022, my suites etc were already sold out in my category, but my TA is still checking on a few things.  I will also keep looking, as cabin availability can always change too.  I never received the promo email, so was a little late checking.  Kicking myself, but all my cruises had very early pricing, so like some have said, it may not have made much of a difference anyway.  Of course Flora is not included, but my category had been sold out for a very long time.  

Always be careful with the totally refundable and NRD.

Edited by Lastdance
  • Thanks 1