LAUNDRY QUESTION

rabin1

I am on a B2B cruise on the same ship. It's turnaround is in FTL which is where I live so I am not getting off the ship. Do you think the laundry room will be open so I can do some laundry? I am Elite and in CC but would prefer this one time while I would have some time to do some of my own laundry.

Thank you in advance and asking you please stick to my question on responses..............lol

Kathy

4 minutes ago, Outerdog said:

I recall seeing them open on embarkation day.

Do you not have to get off the ship on a US b2b? Pretty sure you do, for some period anyway.

I think but even if I do it won;t be for long and can still do laundry hopefully. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kokopelli-az said:

Do all the Princess ships have laundry facilities where you can do your own?   We'll be on the Sky Princess in February.

No worries. The Sky's Deck Plan shows the laundromats are on all passenger decks, Emerald through Marina, at the aft end of the ship near the 600-range of cabins. Look for the small signs on the ceilings.

On 9/12/2021 at 5:22 PM, nini said:

I recently read that the B2B passengers will need to disembark due to Covid issues and new procedures. However, I think you can get back on fairly quickly.

Pax on B2Bs have always had to get off the ship on TAD, if it is a US port. The ship passenger list has to be zeroed out for Immigration purposes, before new pax can board. Usually B2B pax are the last ones off (in a group), and the first ones on. The process is usually quick. Any COVID protocol is separate.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mom says said:

Pax on B2Bs have always had to get off the ship on TAD, if it is a US port. The ship passenger list has to be zeroed out for Immigration purposes, before new pax can board. Usually B2B pax are the last ones off (in a group), and the first ones on. The process is usually quick. Any COVID protocol is separate.

Thanks for the info. However, I recall having read otherwise (pre Covid).

18 minutes ago, mom says said:

Not always....sometimes the US officials board the ship and review passports there.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2021 at 6:36 PM, PescadoAmarillo said:

Turnaround day early morning is the best time to do laundry. I’ve seldom ever encountered another person in the laundry room. 

I should imagine day 1 is also not a busy day insofar as people do not embark with lots of laundry which needs doing.

Regards John

Thank you all I don't really care when I get off and back on as Mom said people getting on don;t have to do laundry. I just want to get the laundry done I want to do and figured that would be the best day to do it. I don;t like the way the ship does laundry. Also I know every ship has laundries all you have to do it look. I think they are on most every floor. I only wanted to know as in my OP

said are they open and not locked

Kathy

• Like 1

I've occasionally seen the fire doors closed and passengers not allowed to go to their cabins yet until an announcement was made. But even then, there should not be a rush of people to the laundry rooms right afterwards. I did a load of laundry right after boarding the ship after the land portion of our Alaskan cruise tour.

4 minutes ago, geoherb said:

I've occasionally seen the fire doors closed and passengers not allowed to go to their cabins yet until an announcement was made. But even then, there should not be a rush of people to the laundry rooms right afterwards. I did a load of laundry right after boarding the ship after the land portion of our Alaskan cruise tour.

This is NOT going back to my cabin coming on for the the first time or a land portion of a tour. As I said in my OP is it s B2B in the SAME cabin. So i am pretty sure I will be able to get in. Again i was trying to find out if the LAUNDRY rooms would be locked or opened once I reboarded or however they are going to do immigration.

I will ask since I will be on the ship how I get off and back on and if the laundry will be open

Thanks for all the info.

Kathy

22 hours ago, chrysalis said:

Not always....sometimes the US officials board the ship and review passports there.

Yes, I have been on cruises where this happened.... I recall an announcement that passengers must be dressed and not come down in bathrobes.  Made me wonder....

22 hours ago, mom says said:

Is this true even if the cruise is booked as a single sailing, all under the same reservation number?