Wonder of the Seas - Not going to China after all

Kokomo91165

3 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

With the exception of only 1 flowrider the ship looks amazing. 

I did hear a women on the radio describe the mask situation onboard and she said she would never sail again until they stop it. She said the rules are dumb, dont make any sense and totally spoilt the cruise and the staff acted like the gestapo. I went to Madrid last week and their mask rules are equally stupid and ruthlessly enforced but at least 90% of the time you can fiddle it so you never wear one. Ended up only wearing on the way to and from the toilet. A Public toilet is the only place im grateful i have an N95 mask though. 

I would have sailed on Anthem if not for the masks and poor UK summer we have had.

We just got off the Allure and didn’t find the mask issues to be a burden at all. It’s truly a different experience for each cruiser. We are booked on the TA leaving in April, and we made the decision that masks or no masks, we’d rather cruise with one, rather than not at all. 

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Not going east.  Coming back to Port Canaveral in October.

Interesting that it will go to Port Canaveral. Guess Harmony is going to go to PE, although they still show it leaving from Port Canaveral Fall 2022/Winter 2022-23.

7 minutes ago, joanne59 said:

We just got off the Allure and didn’t find the mask issues to be a burden at all. It’s truly a different experience for each cruiser. We are booked on the TA leaving in April, and we made the decision that masks or no masks, we’d rather cruise with one, rather than not at all. 

If the UK had not put Mexico on the Red list i would rather be there not wearing one at all. Being forced to wear them sucks. Especially when its hot its the worst. Im just hoping that in 11 months things will change but we were saying that a year ago.

32 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Got this for the Allure westbound TA 2022. We are booked in a CLS but the cabins on Decks 17 and 18 of Wonder are arranged differently and there are only eight CLS cabins on Wonder, so it's not clear where they will reassign us. We will make a decision once they let us know.

Very interesting layout. All the Grand Suites are on deck 17, Owners Suite, a few Crown Lofts, Ultimate Family Suite, Royal Suite on deck 18. 

SL & CK on deck 17, but facing aft. 

A quick look at the prices tells me it may be a while before I see deck 17/18.

We booked the Brilliance TA in Nov 2022 as opposed to Allure -- partially due to the price but also due to the fact that the Allure was going to Galveston. Didn't want to have to fly back to our house in Orlando. Now, Wonder is going to end 45 minutes from it !!! Oh well, 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

1 minute ago, mac_tlc said:

Very interesting layout. All the Grand Suites are on deck 17, Owners Suite, a few Crown Lofts, Ultimate Family Suite, Royal Suite on deck 18. 

mac_tlc

We got a great deal on the CLS. Originally we were supposed to be on the WB Allure last year, moved to Harmony this year, then decided to bump it to next year because the prices went down among other things.

The deck plans are definitely interesting, the WJ is on Deck 15 instead of 16 and the CLS are on 18 instead of 17, nothing facing aft. It appears that all suites above junior are on 17 and 18 so I'm not sure where they are going to accommodate everyone like-for-like.

6 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

We booked the Brilliance TA in Nov 2022 as opposed to Allure -- partially due to the price but also due to the fact that the Allure was going to Galveston. Didn't want to have to fly back to our house in Orlando. Now, Wonder is going to end 45 minutes from it !!! Oh well, 

mac_tlc

Give me a good laugh tonight, What are the OS going for?

1 minute ago, Pratique said:

We got a great deal on the CLS. Originally we were supposed to be on the WB Allure last year, moved to Harmony this year, then decided to bump it to next year because the prices went down among other things.

The deck plans are definitely interesting, the WJ is on Deck 15 instead of 16 and the CLS are on 18 instead of 17, nothing facing aft. It appears that all suites above junior are on 17 and 18 so I'm not sure where they are going to accommodate everyone like-for-like.

We were also on Allure TA last year, and had Harmony TA this year booked before Allure was cancelled. Probably going to cancel Harmony -- although I have serious concerns if it will go at all -- so I am waiting until the last minute since final payment is already made. . I guess I'm not destined to do a TA on the big ladies. Maybe Symphony 2023???

3 minutes ago, Pratique said:

I'm not sure where they are going to accommodate everyone like-for-like.

That is why it been weeks there was no cabin categories above JS's to book on Allure. Knew something was going on and Allure would never sail those Europe sailings in 2022.

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Give me a good laugh tonight, What are the OS going for?

I was a little off -- for March 18. 2022 the OS is $12,600 for 2.

CLS is $12,000

GS is $9,005

Ultimate Family Suite for 4/1/2022 is $36,300 for 4. No April Fools Joke either. 

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

If the UK had not put Mexico on the Red list i would rather be there not wearing one at all. Being forced to wear them sucks. Especially when its hot its the worst. Im just hoping that in 11 months things will change but we were saying that a year ago.

Only time will tell. After a few weekends in the hot summer months at Disney, and living in FL through last summer, guess the heat with a mask doesn’t affect us all that much anymore. 

10 minutes ago, CalTexCruiser said:

We are in the Owner's Panoramic Suite on the Allure--that suite does not exist on the Wonder.

Our TA called in to Royal and was informed we will be moved to the "same class" cabin--we'll see what that would be.

If I'm counting correctly, there are 11 Star class cabins on Allure and only 8 on Wonder. If all 11 are sold, something has to give.

mac_tlc

17 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

So what is Allure going to do?

There are a number of 8 day Southern Caribbean cruises from Fort Lauderdale showing up for the Allure for the summer 2022. My guess is there will also be 6 day ones that have not been loaded yet, The 8 day ones are every two weeks. They do CoCoCay, Aruba Curacao. 

mac_tlc

34 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

Spent 2 weeks road trip around the Yucatan Peninsula and masks were required everywhere we went including the outdoor Mayan ruins in several towns and even on resort while riding elevators and moving through the corridors.  Also had the sanitizing foot mats everywhere and even some elaborate hold body spray sanitizers on occasion.

11 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

well then check out the website as it has Dec 2022 in Hong Kong 4 night cruises

All the Far East cruises are "closed". Doesn't look like Fall 2022 Caribbean cruises have been loaded yet. 

2 minutes ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Supposedly on the 22nd, but, seems agents and CAS can access now.

I was looking at TA booking engine and I don't see it yet. Hong Kong sailings still showing.

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1

I am soooooo glad I decided to log on here this morning - the email from RC had gone into spam because it looks like a generic marketing one and bcause we are so far out (Jun 2022) and we had already a good idea of things like trips, etc but were holding off booking them I haven't been logging into C&A often.

So Wonder instead then for us....

Potential Noob Q here (I've never had this situation before). We were in a Junior Suite on Allure in Jun 2022, we've had the email saying "We'll move you free of charge to an equivalent and price protect or reduce" - this means we're likely to get a JS on Wonder?

11 minutes ago, PolytheneGirl said:

I am soooooo glad I decided to log on here this morning - the email from RC had gone into spam because it looks like a generic marketing one and bcause we are so far out (Jun 2022) and we had already a good idea of things like trips, etc but were holding off booking them I haven't been logging into C&A often.

So Wonder instead then for us....

Potential Noob Q here (I've never had this situation before). We were in a Junior Suite on Allure in Jun 2022, we've had the email saying "We'll move you free of charge to an equivalent and price protect or reduce" - this means we're likely to get a JS on Wonder?

Got the same email.

So yes assume until you have it in writing that you’ll get the same, equivalent or an upgraded stateroom.