Wonder of the Seas - Not going to China after all

Kokomo91165

13 hours ago, Baowen said:

Well I'm very excited about this news. I am booked on the TA April 2022 and I'd much rather be on the Wonder than the older Allure! The Allure was a L&S from the Harmony. Will need to rebook airfare as the Wonder leaves 4 days earlier but that's worth it!!

Beth

We are thrilled to be moved from Allure TA to Wonder 👏👏👏👏👏👏

• Like 1

I booked the Wonder today of a Western on 03/22. Royal was tremendous in letting me cancel the Harmony that was booked last week on board the Ovation, and is transferring FCC's from another cruise, a weekender to the Wonder. I couldn't be happier. By the way, the Wonder was no more than the Harmony, which was for 2023. The deposit on board was $200.00, and they just switched ships, with no additional deposit and the same booking number.

• Thanks 1

On 9/16/2021 at 10:59 PM, pyrateslife4me84 said:

I imagine that long window is because some moves are more complicated than others. Suite passenger moves may get messy, but someone in a balcony stateroom is an easy switch. They are likely to keep the same room number, even. 

An additional complication is that some of the moves are of different lengths. For example, Allure's April 2 sailing is 8 days. Wonder's April 1 sailing is 7 days. 

I realize that Wonder is a newer ship and can command a higher price, but it would be brazen to simply offer to replace an 8-day cruise with a 7-day cruise and call it even. I think they need to work out some additional compensation.

And yes, I have skin in the game on this particular change!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MightyMike said:

An additional complication is that some of the moves are of different lengths. For example, Allure's April 2 sailing is 8 days. Wonder's April 1 sailing is 7 days. 

I realize that Wonder is a newer ship and can command a higher price, but it would be brazen to simply offer to replace an 8-day cruise with a 7-day cruise and call it even. I think they need to work out some additional compensation.

And yes, I have skin in the game on this particular change!

???

The Allure sailings in April are not moved to Wonder. The first sailing wich is moved to Wonder is the Allure TA on April 24! 

• Thanks 1

Eventually we will see Wonder head to China as the venues and design was customized for this market. Let's see what will happen with Wonder for the winter seasons 2022/2023; I could see it being based out of Singapore as a interim solution before heading to China. 

13 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

Eventually we will see Wonder head to China as the venues and design was customized for this market. Let's see what will happen with Wonder for the winter seasons 2022/2023; I could see it being based out of Singapore as a interim solution before heading to China. 

I really hope this happens. Wonder is our only shot at an O class experience in the next decade at least.

On 9/18/2021 at 11:54 AM, CalTexCruiser said:

For my sailing on May 22, all the Star Class suites were taken--if they open those up for new bookings before tr

ansferring the existing bookings, then we will be screwed.

Yup, exactly.  New bookings on new ship in Europe...will go fast once open in a couple of days.  

Then...almost a month later they will "do our best to transfer you to like cabin".   Will there be any leftovers to pick over at all?  

Really bad way to treat those of us that are being kicked off the Allure.  They should block off the amount of cabins for the number they need to transfer.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yup, exactly.  New bookings on new ship in Europe...will go fast once open they in a couple of days.  

Not if prices are crazy high to start off with which is what I expect will be the case.

27 minutes ago, xxHadleyxx said:

why?  we have an email saing we will be moved onto the Wonder TA and price protected.

Wonder deck plan is very different to other Oasis class ships. There are less suites so some people will miss out. There also appears to be less ultra spacious balconies. We had booked one on deck 7 on Allure which was beside the Aqua theatre. They don’t exist on Wonder, looking at the deck plans. 

29 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

Wonder deck plan is very different to other Oasis class ships. There are less suites so some people will miss out. There also appears to be less ultra spacious balconies. We had booked one on deck 7 on Allure which was beside the Aqua theatre. They don’t exist on Wonder, looking at the deck plans. 

Sure. But anyone with a run of the mill stateroom will be fine. I suspect these placeholder 6-day Caribbean Allure cruises most of us see are a way to hold a room for us on Wonder. I would only expect issues for those in rooms that don’t exist on Wonder, which isn’t really that many rooms. I do feel for those folks, however. Very stressful few weeks. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LXA350 said:

There is a TA headed to Pt Canaveral for Winter 2022. I would guess she sticks around till spring 2023 at the least

• Like 2

Guest BigRoger
1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Not if prices are crazy high to start off with which is what I expect will be the case.

Always a premium for the brand new Oasis class ship in European season….. but next year might be different if the big C is still knocking around and restrictions are still in place…. Heaven forbid….

On 9/17/2021 at 4:54 PM, John&LaLa said:

October 13 is the day they will cancel the 2021 Harmony TA. Need to be ready for that mess😉

On 9/18/2021 at 11:34 AM, John&LaLa said:

Just postulating the possible importance of that date. 😉

What is important about that date that you think Harmony TA will be cancelled then?

7 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

What is important about that date that you think Harmony TA will be cancelled then?

Two weeks prior, plus it's the supposed day they will have all the Allure passengers locked in for the Wonder TA. Easier to move us then.

It's really just oportunistic sarcasm

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xxHadleyxx said:

why?  we have an email saing we will be moved onto the Wonder TA and price protected.

Royal has a past history of making this blanket statement and then when they go to switch over bookings they don't always do it like for like..for example connecting balconies are no longer connecting and sometimes not even nearby or the higher end suites on Allure don't exist on Wonder and there's nowhere else they can put them. Those guests all got the same email about being price protected as well.  The only recourse they give is that they will refund you and wont even offer you any kind of credit. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/18/2021 at 10:40 AM, kw1816 said:

Next Wednesday (22nd) I believe.

At least on the european site they show sept 22nd as sales start.

Will check on Sept 22nd about itineraries and prices.

I am thinking about booking one of their european cruises.Would be great to have at least an info about the itinerary in europe in advance ,but i couldn`t find anything so far.

On the other side,i would book it only for the ship cause i know most of the destinations in western med already.

But it will all depend on the prices.I won`t book for a crazy price just to be on that ship.

On 9/17/2021 at 11:31 PM, Baowen said:

Well I'm very excited about this news. I am booked on the TA April 2022 and I'd much rather be on the Wonder than the older Allure! The Allure was a L&S from the Harmony. Will need to rebook airfare as the Wonder leaves 4 days earlier but that's worth it!!

Beth

Me too.  I am booked on Allure Mediterranean September 2022, which was a re-booking from Harmony 2021. Already received my email that my booking will be moved for me.  I can't wait to be on Wonder next year at the price I paid for Allure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pandamonia said:

My cruise planner is acting funky. Somehow they have moved 1 b2b from the Med to Miami and the other shows cancelled...

Ours is the same. In our case one leg of the b2b is a lot older than the other. It was a lift and shift twice. That one is the one which is showing as a Caribbean cruise now. The newer one is showing cancelled. I was wondering if they were working through them based on date purchased ….. but that might be giving RC too much credit.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

Ours is the same. In our case one leg of the b2b is a lot older than the other. It was a lift and shift twice. That one is the one which is showing as a Caribbean cruise now. The newer one is showing cancelled. I was wondering if they were working through them based on date purchased ….. but that might be giving RC too much credit.  

They may be taking the canceled Allure itineraries and getting them switched over to what itineraries Allure is actually going to be sailing during that timeframe. This lets them start selling the Allure sailings. Then they have to switch over the bookings to Wonder which I'm sure is a quite manual process. I would hope they're smart enough to prioritize moving the folks that they don't have corresponding rooms for on Wonder before they open up bookings but I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Like 1