Wonder of the Seas - Not going to China after all

Kokomo91165

8 minutes ago, Wilde_37 said:

Waiting anxiously to find out what happens when Wonder gets to Europe.  I'm on B2B with TA and then 7 nights in Med.  I received two emails - firstly, TA is now going 4 days early - that means April 20.  Presumably it is still 12 nights and gets to Barcelona on 4th May instead of 8th May. 

They have booked the 'Allure of the Seas' for the 7th of May at Palma  and it shows that she is coming in from Marseilles, France , so that would appear to be a 4 day sailing. 

I have done a similar sailing on Liberty one time and they filled it with incentive and other groups at that time. It was a very international group of passengers with groups from Korea and Japan among others.

9 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

They have booked the 'Allure of the Seas' for the 7th of May at Palma  and it shows that she is coming in from Marseilles, France , so that would appear to be a 4 day sailing. 

I have done a similar sailing on Liberty one time and they filled it with incentive and other groups at that time. It was a very international group of passengers with groups from Korea and Japan among others.

Allure is in the Caribbean on 7th May.  Port of Palma no longer lists any RCi Ship visiting on 7th May.

On 9/19/2021 at 1:49 PM, island lady said:

Assuming that happens.  If it does...I will be thrilled too.   But I have a bad feeling about it going well.  

Sorry to hear you are having misgivings. I’m of the mindset that positive thinking brings good results. I’m already picturing us sailing across the pond on this magnificent vessel! We booked a mediocre cabin, which should be easy for the transfer of our booking. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

It appears that people that booked inside guarantees on Allure will be the happiest bunch when transferring to Wonder.  😄

We booked an inside aft on the 14th deck, but according to diagram, that cabin does not exist on Wonder….guess we will get what we get…no worries for us because the price was definitely right!

17 hours ago, joanne59 said:

Sorry to hear you are having misgivings. I’m of the mindset that positive thinking brings good results. I’m already picturing us sailing across the pond on this magnificent vessel! We booked a mediocre cabin, which should be easy for the transfer of our booking. 

Positive thinking is indeed healthy. 🙂  I like to do it as much as possible...but I am also wary of things that don't add up...literally.   I am in a more difficult situation...as are others like me.  Less suites than already fully booked Allure for the fall TA...and adding new bookings as of tomorrow.  Something will have to give.  

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Positive thinking is indeed healthy. 🙂  I like to do it as much as possible...but I am also wary of things that don't add up...literally.   I am in a more difficult situation...as are others like me.  Less suites than already fully booked Allure for the fall TA...and adding new bookings as of tomorrow.  Something will have to give.  

Indeed, the numbers are not in our favor. It will be like winning the lottery if we get what we booked. Hoping to know sooner than later since the refund clock is ticking.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, CalTexCruiser said:

For the veteran RC cruisers who have been through this type of ship swap, what happens if RC downgrades a cabin, say from Star Class to Sky Class, or from Sky Class to Jr Suites.

Does RC provide a partial refund, grant an OBC, etc.?

They provide 10% more memories with any downgrades. 

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

They provide 10% more memories with any downgrades. 

LOL

So let me get this straight, if I want to upgrade from Sky Class to Star Class, I may have to pay at least 50-100% or more, but if they downgrade me from Star Class to Sky Class, they will throw me some scraps.  

Since this is my first time with RC, I'll wait to pass judgment, but that would suck a lot.

8 minutes ago, CalTexCruiser said:

LOL

So let me get this straight, if I want to upgrade from Sky Class to Star Class, I may have to pay at least 50-100% or more, but if they downgrade me from Star Class to Sky Class, they will throw me some scraps.  

Since this is my first time with RC, I'll wait to pass judgment, but that would suck a lot.

No, they will just refund your money instead of downgrading 

8 minutes ago, CalTexCruiser said:

LOL

Hopefully not to many people get burned. Moves like the ones we will soon see are the ones that either make a loyal Royal fan or a loyal-to-anyone-else fan. My sincere hope is that most of us are in the same type of room on a newer ship without having to pay extra. That’s what a customer service-focused company does. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CalTexCruiser said:

For the veteran RC cruisers who have been through this type of ship swap, what happens if RC downgrades a cabin, say from Star Class to Sky Class, or from Sky Class to Jr Suites.

Does RC provide a partial refund, grant an OBC, etc.?

Been there, took option 3 - full refund.

The reality is ships swaps work for the bulk of the cabins (interior, oceanview, balcony).  Ship swaps rarely work out well for suites.  A couple will map over okay, but most suites don't. 

I was offered a downgrade from Star Class to full suite class on a class that doesn't use the Royal Suites program so it wasn't even Sky class.  They wouldn't bundle in wifi, gratuity, drink package or dining package. Aquatheater to Grand Suite, take it or leave it.  I left it and took the full refund.  

I was bitter about initially but went through the four phases of whatever and I'm over it now. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

I presume you mean they’ll make the downgrade and then refund if you ask. 

Refunding a suite you paid about half for...in favor of a new booking that pays double.  Hmmm...now where do you think the pencil pushers are leaning towards.  😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

Refunding a suite you paid about half for...in favor of a new booking that pays double.  Hmmm...now where do you think the pencil pushers are leaning towards.  😉 

So pretty much anyone who under paid for their cabin and got a great price will hear soon after October 13th, sorry no  like cabin to move you too, because they sold all those like cabins for a higher price between September 22nd and October 13th.......................So we all are going to be SOL !

Only option going to be offered :Full Refund

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

So pretty much anyone who under paid for their cabin and got a great price will hear soon after October 13th, sorry no  like cabin to move you too, because they sold all those like cabins for a higher price between September 22nd and October 13th.......................So we all are going to be SOL !

Only option going to be offered :Full Refund

I’m just in a Central Park interior…hoping there won’t be any issue finding me a space to leave my things. 

• Like 1