Wonder of the Seas - Not going to China after all

Kokomo91165

6 minutes ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

Rooms of all types are being set aside. They’ve clearly saved rooms for all. 

So happy about that.

And the WB TA has a WAY better itinerary now!  Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca, Valencia, Cartagena, Malaga, Nassau and Port Canaveral.

Very very happy.  Sorry for our Texans though.

Edited by Teeara
  • Like 4

Not only the 10/30 TA...but both of my previous legs (10/16 & 10/23) showing as all suites sold out. 

Those of us that booked same dates on Allure in a full suite...may just have a shot at it now.  Or at least I hope that is what RCI is doing...not wanting to alienate the pax previous booked on Allure suites.  

Assuming once they get those of us transferred...the leftovers (IF anything left) will be up for grabs for new bookings. Or at least I hope that is what is going on.  Had been worried it would be the other way around.  😮   

If indeed that is the case....Kudos to RCI for doing the right thing!!  🙂 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Teeara said:

So happy about that.

And the WB TA has a WAY better itinerary now!  Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca, Valencia, Cartagena, Malaga, Nassau and Port Canaveral.

Very very happy.  Sorry for our Texans though.

But very happy for those of us living within spitting distance of PC.  😉  

Taxi please!  😄 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Canadianmama3 said:

We only have a promenade view booked (decided to spend the extra $$ on excursions and hotels per cruise).  The cabin we had booked on allure is showing as sold for our sailing. 

Mine (Central Park interior) shows as sold as well. 

Edited by pyrateslife4me84

2 hours ago, smplybcause said:

It's been a long time since my accounting classes but I'm pretty sure depreciation has nothing to do with the mortgage. It's just the cost of the asset divided by the number of years of the "life of the asset". Not aware of cruise ship timelines, but the accepted "life of asset" don't always line up with the actual life of the asset - it's whatever GAAP has decided. 

Though if the new debt was taken on specific ships it changes the equation. I dunno if they have to make all the specifics public, but would be interesting to see how it worked out of it was buy ship. 

What does depreciation have to do with operating expenses though. 🤔

My basic accounting class was 40 years ago

Edited by John&LaLa

26 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I guess it's for measuring cash flow (revenue - expenses) against the depreciated value of the asset? If hypothetically a new, undepreciated asset (high value) generates $X cash flow, and an old, depreciated asset (low value) generates the same cash flow $X, then the old, depreciated asset is performing better than the new, undepreciated one. Or another way to think about it is if the depreciated asset isn't paying for itself then it's a loss on the books. 🤔

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Depreciation is counted as an expense. Instead of Royal having to take a $1B (or whatever they cost) the year they get the ship, they expense it over several years as depreciation. The rest is mostly accounting magic. You have a couple choices in how to take the depreciation depending on how you want your income statement to look. When they Amp a ship that's a capital investment so they can depreciate that too instead of taking the hit all in one year. 

I actually hate accounting because of all the choices and ways to go (and I find it boring), but I'm accounting adjacent that whenever we look at capital investments the depreciation is counted as an expense and rolls into operating costs. So I know about it on a high level - not below that though so I'm likely missing stuff, but since Royal has to follow SEC rules too I would assume it's vaguely similar to how my company does it.

Business math is a bit different than an individual's personal income/expense math. 

3 hours ago, Canadianmama3 said:

We only have a promenade view booked (decided to spend the extra $$ on excursions and hotels per cruise).  The cabin we had booked on allure is showing as sold for our sailing. 

I take this back.   The cabins on each ship aren’t the same type.   One is a promenade view (allure) and one is an interior (wonder).   

look at the layout very closely as the cabins do not all have the same numbers as on Allure.  

And I read on another thread that someone called as was specifically told they won’t be moving people until October.  I’m really annoyed, I picked that specific cabin because there was no connecting cabin, a sofa bed (vs a Pullman) for my son.  Etc.  If I get stuck in one that’s different because they sell others I’m going to be mad.  

4 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

I’m all booked in my lowly interior, on the Fall TA, but a reminder to those still thinking about booking. You have until Sept 30 to book and get the double points (unless extended again). 

Just to clarify, yours is a new booking and not a result of the ship swap?

17 minutes ago, gavvy said:

my 3 night sailing from Rome to Barcelona on Oct 27 seems not to be loaded, does that mean it will not happen or have they not loaded everything yet?

Ooh, this is an interesting one.  It seems to me that the 3 night isn't ever released at the SAME time as the interporting cruises. I seem to remember looking for it once to do B2B with the TA and not finding it until after the 7 days had been on sale for a while.

Others may remember differently.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Ooh, this is an interesting one.  It seems to me that the 3 night isn't ever released at the SAME time as the interporting cruises. I seem to remember looking for it once to do B2B with the TA and not finding it until after the 7 days had been on sale for a while.

Others may remember differently.

Suppose I will just wait and see then, if they cant offer something similar or better will take a refund.  Good job I had not booked flights yet.

• Like 1