Wonder of the Seas - Not going to China after all

Kokomo91165

1 hour ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

Hopefully not to many people get burned. Moves like the ones we will soon see are the ones that either make a loyal Royal fan or a loyal-to-anyone-else fan. My sincere hope is that most of us are in the same type of room on a newer ship without having to pay extra. That’s what a customer service-focused company does. 

The vast majority won't have issues moving to a like cabin. Suites, unique cabins, and connecting cabins could be an issue

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

I presume you mean they’ll make the downgrade and then refund if you ask. 

No, they'll just cancel you more than likely.

This will be mainly in suites due to disparity between Allure and Wonder. Allure has a lot more. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

The vast majority won't have issues moving to a like cabin. Suites, unique cabins, and connecting cabins could be an issue

Well thank you for that. I’ve never been on RCI and you guys have me worried! I do feel bad for folks in unique rooms. I hope you guys are the lucky ones!

51 minutes ago, island lady said:

Refunding a suite you paid about half for...in favor of a new booking that pays double.  Hmmm...now where do you think the pencil pushers are leaning towards.  😉 

Regardless of the price, Wonder just doesn't have as many suites. Bottom line, cased closed.

Now I will share that we got 'upgraded' from VP to GS when Adventure became Jewel. Then it went back to Voyager and I kept the GS. Personally, I'd prefer the VP, and they are indeed cheaper than a VP.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

So pretty much anyone who under paid for their cabin and got a great price will hear soon after October 13th, sorry no  like cabin to move you too, because they sold all those like cabins for a higher price between September 22nd and October 13th.......................So we all are going to be SOL !

Only option going to be offered :Full Refund

Everything isn't a conspiracy. You have an OS I think. Pretty sure Wonder may have a lot less.

Someone gets the short straw.

That's where your sweet deal may bite you in the buttocks. I wish you luck

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Everything isn't a conspiracy. You have an OS I think. Pretty sure Wonder may have a lot less.

Someone gets the short straw.

That's where your sweet deal may bite you in the buttocks. I wish you luck

Actually each ship has 10.,,,,,,,,,,,,Where we might lose it is some of those higher suites that they don't have like suite on Wonder, they may give them some of the owners suites to make them happy. Time will tell how they handle it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Actually each ship has 10.,,,,,,,,,,,,Where we might lose it is some of those higher suites that they don't have like suite on Wonder, they may give them some of the owners suites to make them happy. Time will tell how they handle it.

Isn't OS the most expensive of the Sky Class?

As Twangster said, moving from STAR to SKY really isn't feasible.  I guess GS is the biggest problem. Not really familiar with Wonder layout.

You should be fine

But I will share something with you. When we moved from Adventure to Jewel, my totally awesome TA grabbed a bunch of GS's on hold to cover his clients until the switch happened.  Jewel had a lot less GS's than Adventure,  and we weren't even in a GS to begin with.

Good to be pro active

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

As Twangster said, moving from STAR to SKY really isn't feasible.  I guess GS is the biggest problem. Not really familiar with Wonder layout.

You should be fine

Will a Spacious Aqua Theater Suite 1 Bedroom and Star Loft Suite trump us?

On 9/15/2021 at 11:07 AM, zekekelso said:

I was thinking of going to China in 2022, but there’s no way I want to deal with their Covid rules.

China has been on my list for a long time, but there's no way I'd go there at present, and possibly not in the future as well.  Restricting my travel to the US only is starting to look increasingly appealing, as much as that does little to dig down deep into the bucket list. 

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Hard to say on A3/A4's

Probably not as they used to be just over a GS in price. 

As mentioned earlier, I doubt a Star Loft passenger would accept your cabin

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You should be fine

But I will share something with you. When we moved from Adventure to Jewel, my totally awesome TA grabbed a bunch of GS's on hold to cover his clients until the switch happened.  Jewel had a lot less GS's than Adventure,  and we weren't even in a GS to begin with.

Good to be pro active

To put those suite cabins on hold does the agency have to put down a non refundable deposit to hold them?

16 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Hard to say on A3/A4's

Probably not as they used to be just over a GS in price. 

As mentioned earlier, I doubt a Star Loft passenger would accept your cabin

Why couldn't they give that person the OS with Star perks?

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Why couldn't they give that person the OS with Star perks?

See post #250

Still, the OS is much smaller than Star Loft. Can't see anyone accepting. Plus there is no Genie that can be assigned without sacrificing experience of the real STAR Suites

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Wonder has the 1-bedroom aquatheater rooms so it's really on Royal for not blocking those from being sold before making the moves for those rooms.  The Star Loft Suites are pretty out of luck.  I doubt they're going to offer any benefits that make up the amenities that come with Star Class.

3 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

why is Allure cheaper than the other Oasis classes?

My thoughts - it's had 11 years of depreciation without any renovation costs. So it's the furthest depreciated of the Oasis class. Also thanks to the amp of Oasis it's actually the smallest Oasis classes - though not by much. It also is missing a few features that require more maintenance and labor. So not knowing whatever reason why John said Wonder is cheaper I figured it's pretty cut and dry that Allure has the cheapest operating costs. 

Add to that it's the oldest of the class when you figure Oasis was amped - it would tend to demand the lowest prices since why wouldn't you want the newer ship with more amenities? And while I don't watch everything, since Oasis was amped the lowest prices I've seen are almost always on Allure.

Edited by smplybcause

7 hours ago, smplybcause said:

it would tend to demand the lowest prices since why wouldn't you want the newer ship with more amenities?

Outside of CC, very few know that. Oasis is very comparable to Harmony, yet her price are usually lower. Features alone don't command newer ship prices.

8 hours ago, smplybcause said:

My thoughts - it's had 11 years of depreciation without any renovation costs. So it's the furthest depreciated of the Oasis class. Also thanks to the amp of Oasis it's actually the smallest Oasis classes - though not by much. It also is missing a few features that require more maintenance and labor. So not knowing whatever reason why John said Wonder is cheaper I figured it's pretty cut and dry that Allure has the cheapest operating costs. 

Add to that it's the oldest of the class when you figure Oasis was amped - it would tend to demand the lowest prices since why wouldn't you want the newer ship with more amenities? And while I don't watch everything, since Oasis was amped the lowest prices I've seen are almost always on Allure.

Wonder's generators are more efficient. Less fuel per KWH. Also not sure if Allure got the new slippery paint for her hull.

As far as depreciation. The whole fleet is mortgaged to the hilt now, so carrying costs are eating them alive.  

Wonder may still be on more favorable financial terms than the re-financed Allure.

But I'm not an accountant 

Edited by John&LaLa

12 hours ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

I’m assuming you can’t just call Royal tomorrow to switch? Will they not move you without adjusting price?

No, I was told the Redeployment team was handling it.  The rep on the phone could only make "notes" in our file.  

They will move you....if..there is anything left to move you to.  

As John stated.  Unique cabins and suites are going to be a problem...for those booked on Allure.  

13 hours ago, Jimbo said:

That's exactly my fear since I also have an OS for the fall TA.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

See post #250

Still, the OS is much smaller than Star Loft. Can't see anyone accepting. Plus there is no Genie that can be assigned without sacrificing experience of the real STAR Suites

I agree with all of what John said. Genies can’t be spread thin for other cabins, on top of their regular cabins.  Having sailed Star Class prior I don’t make that statement lightly. 

We had one of our Star Class sailings cancelled by a charter. We were only given two alternative sailings, two weeks on either side of the original one. One was January 2nd and the other was the last few days of January.  Only one of the offerings had a single Star Class cabin, for all of the cabins who were in the same situation as us. Neither of the alternate dates worked for us.

There was no other option given in our email.  No price protection, etc and all the other cabins were Sky Class.  We didn’t bother calling for options, we took the cash refund. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 3