Wonder of the Seas - Not going to China after all

Kokomo91165

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Does a Flowrider really mean that much to people going on a cruise? I mean I have only seen a few on here that are over the top for the freaking Flowrider.

Tried it once, no desire to do it again.

Got to give 6,000+ people things to do on those sea days.

5 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

So RC are giving themselves until October 13th to complete the moves but what’s other people’s experience of similar changes? Do they normally leave it close to that date or will people start getting revised bookings in the coming days?

Would also like to know.

7 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

So RC are giving themselves until October 13th to complete the moves but what’s other people’s experience of similar changes? Do they normally leave it close to that date or will people start getting revised bookings in the coming days?

I imagine that long window is because some moves are more complicated than others. Suite passenger moves may get messy, but someone in a balcony stateroom is an easy switch. They are likely to keep the same room number, even. 

I just noticed my 7-day May 2022 Mediterranean reservation is now showing as a 6-day Caribbean cruise.

I hope that's just a glitch--I looked up a map and was able to determine that the Caribbean Sea is over 5,000 miles away from the Mediterranean Sea.  Perhaps the fact that both ends with "ean" confused the IT geniuses at RC.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, CalTexCruiser said:

I just noticed my 7-day May 2022 Mediterranean reservation is now showing as a 6-day Caribbean cruise.

I hope that's just a glitch--I looked up a map and was able to determine that the Caribbean Sea is over 5,000 miles away from the Mediterranean Sea.  Perhaps the fact that both ends with "ean" confused the IT geniuses at RC.

They've now determined you need to pay a $750 surcharge per person for 'Mediterran' vs 'Caribb'. 

Edited by karmamule
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, CalTexCruiser said:

Same for me (but for August). I’m sure it’s just a placeholder so they can attach our previous payments to something. 

On 9/16/2021 at 3:57 PM, Billy Baltic said:

October 13 is the day they will cancel the 2021 Harmony TA. Need to be ready for that mess😉

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

October 13 is the day they will cancel the 2021 Harmony TA. Need to be ready for that mess😉

I guess you are finally coming to realize that TA is not happening.  It's a shame they couldn't have canceled it way back when, you might have had your refund by now.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I guess you are finally coming to realize that TA is not happening.  It's a shame they couldn't have canceled it way back when, you might have had your refund by now.

Nope, just adding some sarcasm.

As far as refund, I'll just move it. No biggie. 

• Like 1

On 9/15/2021 at 7:06 PM, mac_tlc said:

I was a little off -- for March 18. 2022 the OS is $12,600 for 2.

CLS is $12,000

GS is $9,005

Ultimate Family Suite for 4/1/2022 is $36,300 for 4. No April Fools Joke either. 

OS's are $13,900 now and only 3 left out of 10, for some reason that sailing the 18th is selling well compared to sailing before and after that date?

42 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

OS's are $13,900 now and only 3 left out of 10, for some reason that sailing the 18th is selling well compared to sailing before and after that date?

The itinerary for the 18th is different - St Maarten, St Thomas and coco cay.  I thought it was more appealing which was why I chose that one. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jkaczanowski said:

The itinerary for the 18th is different - St Maarten, St Thomas and coco cay.  I thought it was more appealing which was why I chose that one. 

Totally understand, I agree with you but you think most would just go for the new ship.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

At those prices, I’m sticking with Celebrity E-class.

mac_tlc

Just now, Jimbo said:

Agreed there are other fish in the pond.

If the kids and grandkids are along for the ride, the Oasis class are great. If it’s just the DW and I, we like Celebrity suite experience better and the ships smaller and more manageable. We have traded three Allure/Oasis cruise in the next year for Celebrity. (Four if you want to include the is-it-cancelled-isn’t-it-cancelled-will-it-be-cancelled Harmony TA.😜😜 )

mac_tlc

• Like 1

Well I'm very excited about this news. I am booked on the TA April 2022 and I'd much rather be on the Wonder than the older Allure! The Allure was a L&S from the Harmony. Will need to rebook airfare as the Wonder leaves 4 days earlier but that's worth it!!

Beth

I’m also see the Allure western Caribbean listed in my upcoming cruise. No doubt it’s a placeholder/limitation of their booking engine etc. - But would it be too much to ask for RC to communicate this sort of thing ? 

I can just image how many see this and call in panic.

Come on RC, you manage to email me constantly to sell me shorex, drinks packages, dining options and other ‘Don’t miss out on this opportunity’ upsells. Surely you can email updates on the booking process 🤔

• Like 2

On 9/16/2021 at 2:45 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

It boggles the mind how something so simple can get so messed up.  Royal has released all the staterooms for sale before moving guests over yet again.  This means for the suites or those that chose a particular cabin it may be taken by someone booking today.  Why cant they just move everyone over and then announce the changes and open the sailing up for booking..

Anyways, just booked the March 4 sailing.  We are on the SY the week after in an OS.  probably end up solo on this one as DW won't be able to get the time off.

Do you know when the European cruises go on sale?  I had a look yesterday but could only see the Caribbean ones

18 hours ago, CalTexCruiser said:

I had B2B2B on Allure 10/16, 10/23, and staying on for the TA 10/30.   RCI is showing the 16th and the 30th as cancelled....but has now put me in the on Allure Carib for a 6 night for the 10/23.  Not happy about it, and called.  Why cancel the first and third...but not the second leg?   "They will be working on it"  ...uh..huh....

I am getting a bad feeling of a rat's nest about to happen with this.  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, kw1816 said:

Next Wednesday (22nd) I believe.

Yeah, open for new bookings on the 22nd...but not transferring the current Allure pax to Wonder until complete by 10/13.  

New ship...less number of suites. Going to book up quick...even the rep on the phone told me that.  Trying to be sure we (Allure cancelled pax) will get transferred when most (or all?) suite cabins are taken by new bookings first?    Doesn't make sense.  Wish they would block off cabins to be sure we can still get transferred....as promised.    

Guest BigRoger
18 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Ray of sunshine….. you’ve been reading too many posts from Jimbo and Pandamoania

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Yeah, open for new bookings on the 22nd...but not transferring the current Allure pax to Wonder until complete by 10/13.  

New ship...less number of suites. Going to book up quick...even the rep on the phone told me that.  Trying to be sure we (Allure cancelled pax) will get transferred when most (or all?) suite cabins are taken by new bookings first?    Doesn't make sense.  Wish they would block off cabins to be sure we can still get transferred....as promised.    

For my sailing on May 22, all the Star Class suites were taken--if they open those up for new bookings before transferring the existing bookings, then we will be screwed.

• Like 1