Wonder of the Seas - Not going to China after all

Kokomo91165

Just now, Norwich Cruiser said:

You’ll soon get the hang.

I’m sure you’ll have a fabulous cruise.

Here's hoping! Was supposed to be our honeymoon cruise on Allure last year which was cancelled (and the wedding moved) - then supposed to be honeymoon cruise THIS year on Harmony which was cancelled (wedding went ahead wooooooo!) and now this was a first anniversary cruise on Allure, moved to Wonder (We think!)

So very confused 😄

So I may have a problem.

Booked into 2 Bedroom ATS on Allure for Europe, now shifted to Wonder.  Email from TA (Costco) says I’m promised a rebook in “same or similar”.  However, there are three less Star class suites, so something has to give.

Option of “full refund” is bunk, as I have a huge FCC from a cancelled early 2021 cruise (that I booked in early 2019), and they will only refund new monies.

If downgrade occurs, it will likely be a big one.  Potentially all the way to a JS, which will not work for us (family of 4).  

As I’ve had a miserable experience with another RCL cruise (Also suite sailing this fall).  So, if I get a downgrade I would prefer to just be cashed out my FCC and walk, which I’m guessing they wouldn’t do.

All flights are booked (including other family on separate reservation).

What approach would you take?  What is the minimum you would need?

9 hours ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Spent 2 weeks road trip around the Yucatan Peninsula and masks were required everywhere we went including the outdoor Mayan ruins in several towns and even on resort while riding elevators and moving through the corridors.  Also had the sanitizing foot mats everywhere and even some elaborate hold body spray sanitizers on occasion.

Maybe its changed but in resort it wasnt well enforced in the hotels i was looking at. 

Its a real problem for me as i carry out air quality testing in hospitals and i KNOW for a fact masks dont do anything to the volume of virus in the air and i have the test certificates to prove it. Even N95 masks dont reduce the total viral load in the air but they do help protect the nurses and doctors if they have goggles on. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Snakeinmyboots said:

So I may have a problem.

Booked into 2 Bedroom ATS on Allure for Europe, now shifted to Wonder.  Email from TA (Costco) says I’m promised a rebook in “same or similar”.  However, there are three less Star class suites, so something has to give.

Option of “full refund” is bunk, as I have a huge FCC from a cancelled early 2021 cruise (that I booked in early 2019), and they will only refund new monies.

If downgrade occurs, it will likely be a big one.  Potentially all the way to a JS, which will not work for us (family of 4).  

As I’ve had a miserable experience with another RCL cruise (Also suite sailing this fall).  So, if I get a downgrade I would prefer to just be cashed out my FCC and walk, which I’m guessing they wouldn’t do.

No harm in asking for what you would find acceptable. They can only say ‘no’. How about two junior suites?

1 hour ago, Snakeinmyboots said:

Welcome to CC.

Recently, FCCs seem to count as cash on most bookings so a refund is a likely possibility.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Snakeinmyboots said:

So I may have a problem.

We are in a similar boat.  Owner's Panoramic Suite on the Allure, which does not exist on the Wonder.

There are 4 Star Class suites on the Allure that are not on the Wonder:  Owner's Panoramic Suite, Grand Panoramic Suite, and 2 Star Loft Suites.

There is one Star Class suite on the Wonder that does not exist on the Allure:  Ultimate Family Suite.

Our Owner's Panoramic Suite is similar in square footage to the Ultimate Family Suite, so that may be what we get, but I don't want that because I have no small children.  If I were to get the Ultimate Family Suite, I'll gladly swap that for a 2 bdrm ATS with a family with small children.

The good news for you is that there are the same number of 2-bdrm ATS suites on the Allure and Wonder, so you have a better chance of matching to the same suite.

But who knows what will happen.

3 minutes ago, CalTexCruiser said:

We are in a similar boat.  Owner's Panoramic Suite on the Allure, which does not exist on the Wonder.

There are 4 Star Class suites on the Allure that are not on the Wonder:  Owner's Panoramic Suite, Grand Panoramic Suite, and 2 Star Loft Suites.

There is one Star Class suite on the Wonder that does not exist on the Allure:  Ultimate Family Suite.

Our Owner's Panoramic Suite is similar in square footage to the Ultimate Family Suite, so that may be what we get, but I don't want that because I have no small children.  If I were to get the Ultimate Family Suite, I'll gladly swap that for a 2 bdrm ATS with a family with small children.

The good news for you is that there are the same number of 2-bdrm ATS suites on the Allure and Wonder, so you have a better chance of matching to the same suite.

Thanks for answering my yet to be asked questions…🤣 We also have a 2 bedroom ATS booked in June, so I was wondering if I needed to worry.

4 hours ago, PolytheneGirl said:

Here's hoping! Was supposed to be our honeymoon cruise on Allure last year which was cancelled (and the wedding moved) - then supposed to be honeymoon cruise THIS year on Harmony which was cancelled (wedding went ahead wooooooo!) and now this was a first anniversary cruise on Allure, moved to Wonder (We think!)

So very confused 😄

Same for us. Allure 2020 to Harmony 2021 to Allure 2022 to Wonder 2022. Let’s hope this one sticks! We want to see Europe!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, CalTexCruiser said:

Hi

Similar with us as well. We booked a 2 bedroom grand suite on allure for Sept 2022, but I can't see any 2 bed GS on wonder. So they would have to either upgrade or downgrade us, since we're a family of 6.

We shall see. 

5 hours ago, Snakeinmyboots said:

So I may have a problem.

Don't panic yet.  They will likely put you in a similar 2BR ATS.  I think Allure and Wonder have the same ATS layout so you will probably end up in the exact same location on Wonder.  If not, they may be happy to give you a full refund (including FCC) so that they have more flexibility to rearrange others.  

14 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

Very interesting layout. All the Grand Suites are on deck 17, Owners Suite, a few Crown Lofts, Ultimate Family Suite, Royal Suite on deck 18. 

SL & CK on deck 17, but facing aft. 

A quick look at the prices tells me it may be a while before I see deck 17/18.

We booked the Brilliance TA in Nov 2022 as opposed to Allure -- partially due to the price but also due to the fact that the Allure was going to Galveston. Didn't want to have to fly back to our house in Orlando. Now, Wonder is going to end 45 minutes from it !!! Oh well, 

mac_tlc

If it all gets sorted out..and indeed ends in PC.  Yahh!!  Taxi ride home for me!  🙂 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, xxHadleyxx said:

We just got emails from Royal regarding our TA booking on Allure and confirming we will be moved the Wonder sailing laving 4 days earlier.  I am not thrilled to need an extra week of vacation days now that we leave midweek, but getting the nice new ship at the old price is great...and I feel better having the email confirmation it will be switched.

I have not received my email yet with the change details for the April TA. You mentioned that the dates have changed. Can you give me the new dates of embarkation and Debarkation. I will now need to change my airline tickets and my Barcelona hotel reservations. 

2 minutes ago, The sea calls my name said:

I have not received my email yet with the change details for the April TA. You mentioned that the dates have changed. Can you give me the new dates of embarkation and Debarkation. I will now need to change my airline tickets and my Barcelona hotel reservations. 

The Wonder TA departs April 20, 2022 and ends in Barcelona May 4, 2022. Personally we wait until we get a new booking confirmation, before we change flights or hotels... Just saying.

From the Email:

Option 1: Stay onboard the new Wonder of the Seas transatlantic cruise departing on April 20th, 2022

• We’ll automatically move you to the Wonder of the Seas sailing departing 4 days earlier than your original cruise.
  • Your new sailing will still offer the same beautiful destinations as your original cruise, and it’ll depart from the same destination.
  • We’ll do our best to move you to a like-for-like stateroom and your original stateroom category price will either be protected at your original cruise fare rate or reduced to the current cruise fare rate (whichever is lower). This excludes taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items. 
    • If you were already paid in full and your cruise fare rate decreases, we’ll provide you with a refund for any difference in pricing. You can expect to receive your refund to your original form of payment 30 days after we move you. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.
  • And, you’ll also be reimbursed for non-refundable airline charges with receipts (up to $200 USD per guest for Domestic flights or up to $400 USD per guest for International flights).
  • Lastly, as we return to service, our sailing protocols will continue to evolve. To stay informed and up-to-date, please visit RoyalCaribbean.com/Health.
  • Thanks 1

It boggles the mind how something so simple can get so messed up.  Royal has released all the staterooms for sale before moving guests over yet again.  This means for the suites or those that chose a particular cabin it may be taken by someone booking today.  Why cant they just move everyone over and then announce the changes and open the sailing up for booking..

Anyways, just booked the March 4 sailing.  We are on the SY the week after in an OS.  probably end up solo on this one as DW won't be able to get the time off.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It boggles the mind how something so simple can get so messed up.  Royal has released all the staterooms for sale before moving guests over yet again.  This means for the suites or those that chose a particular cabin it may be taken by someone booking today.  Why cant they just move everyone over and then announce the changes and open the sailing up for booking..

Anyways, just booked the March 4 sailing.  We are on the SY the week after in an OS.  probably end up solo on this one as DW won't be able to get the time off.

This is lousy.

I counted 10 Owner's Suites, 28 Grand Suites and 8 Crown Loft Suites on Wonder. Compare to 10, 30, and 25 on Allure. Plus Allure has 6 2-bedroom GS. That's 46 suites (except Star Class) for Wonder versus 71 for Allure. Difference of -25.

So a lot of us who were already booked in suites on Allure are going to get screwed.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

🤬

I wanna say a whole lot more than oh for Pete's sake.  I knew they'd do this.  The October TA, too?  Or is that something that I need to check on the22nd.

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

25 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I think only the carib sailings in March and April or on sale? I don´t think you can book the TA´s and med cruises yet? Otherwise you are right, all pax in suites will be screwed 🤨

44 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Are bookings open for both Caribbean and Europe sailings all ready for Wonder?

Edited by Jimbo

1 hour ago, Funkytown83 said:

The Wonder TA departs April 20, 2022 and ends in Barcelona May 4, 2022. Personally we wait until we get a new booking confirmation, before we change flights or hotels... Just saying.

From the Email:

Option 1: Stay onboard the new Wonder of the Seas transatlantic cruise departing on April 20th, 2022

• We’ll automatically move you to the Wonder of the Seas sailing departing 4 days earlier than your original cruise.
  • Your new sailing will still offer the same beautiful destinations as your original cruise, and it’ll depart from the same destination.
  • We’ll do our best to move you to a like-for-like stateroom and your original stateroom category price will either be protected at your original cruise fare rate or reduced to the current cruise fare rate (whichever is lower). This excludes taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items. 
    • If you were already paid in full and your cruise fare rate decreases, we’ll provide you with a refund for any difference in pricing. You can expect to receive your refund to your original form of payment 30 days after we move you. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.
  • And, you’ll also be reimbursed for non-refundable airline charges with receipts (up to $200 USD per guest for Domestic flights or up to $400 USD per guest for International flights).
  • Lastly, as we return to service, our sailing protocols will continue to evolve. To stay informed and up-to-date, please visit RoyalCaribbean.com/Health.

I definitely  will not make any changes until I have the new and finalized( LOL) itinerary .  I am just glad I purchased the Airline Insurance policy which should help cover any new cost.  Even with all of the changes beginning in 2020, I am beyond excited about being able to sail on the Wonder of the Seas. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It boggles the mind how something so simple can get so messed up.  Royal has released all the staterooms for sale before moving guests over yet again.  This means for the suites or those that chose a particular cabin it may be taken by someone booking today. 

Are you serious? Why do they make the same mistakes over and over again? Or do they know what they are doing and are deliberately going after potentially higher fares in those cabins...hmmm.

• Like 2