Wonder of the Seas - Not going to China after all

Kokomo91165

36 minutes ago, Teeara said:

That's exactly my fear since I also have an OS for the fall TA.

If they give an OS as a consolation price to a Star class suite, that will make two unhappy customers: 1) the pep[;e in the Star class suite, and 2) the people in the OS.  

They should minimize the damage and just cancel the Star class suite outright instead of messing around.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, CalTexCruiser said:

If they give an OS as a consolation price to a Star class suite, that will make two unhappy customers: 1) the pep[;e in the Star class suite, and 2) the people in the OS.  

They should minimize the damage and just cancel the Star class suite outright instead of messing around.

Royal will not lose sleep over this.

Allure vs Wonder

1BR GS: 30 - 28

2BR GS: 6 - 0

CLS: 25 - 8

25 fewer Sky Class cabins on Wonder means booting at least 25 bookings per sailing, a meager number overall. Even if those guests yell and scream they will be out of luck because there will be nothing left. They are price protecting on the same sailing but not offering price protection to move to another sailing. And I'm sure the refunds will be slow to post.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Allure vs Wonder

25 fewer Sky Class cabins on Wonder means booting at least 25 bookings per sailing, a meager number overall. Even if those guests yell and scream they will be out of luck because there will be nothing left. They are price protecting on the same sailing but not offering price protection to move to another sailing. And I'm sure the refunds will be slow to post.

Do you know the star class comparison please ?

5 minutes ago, rjmols said:

By my count:

Wonder has 1 Royal Suite and 1 Ultimate Family Suite. All suites except ATS are on Decks 17-18.

Wonder has no Royal Loft Suites (vs 2 on Allure), no Star Loft Suite, and no Grand Panoramic Suite. I believe the number of ATS is the same.

19 minutes ago, kandpsmom said:

I keep checking to see if it’s up…We have a 2 bedroom ATS in June and there were none left on our sailing. So, I am curious if any will be on sale.

It’s 4:40p already in western Europe…… 🤷‍♀️

Edited by little britain

1 hour ago, rjmols said:

53 minutes ago, Pratique said:

By my count:

Wonder has 1 Royal Suite and 1 Ultimate Family Suite. All suites except ATS are on Decks 17-18.

Wonder has no Royal Loft Suites (vs 2 on Allure), no Star Loft Suite, and no Grand Panoramic Suite. I believe the number of ATS is the same.

For Star Class, the simple answer is:

same number of 2 bdrm ATS suites

same number of Royal Loft Suite (1)

Then things go sideways:

Allure has: A) 2 Star Loft suites, B) Owners Panoramic Suite, C) Grand Panoramic Suite

Wonder has: Ultimate Family Suite

Basically, if Royal is doing one-to-one mapping, then all the 2bdrm ATS suites and the Royal Loft suites will match exactly.

That leaves mapping A, B, C of Allure to the Ultimate Family Suite.  (Flip a 4-sided coin to see who wins)

Edited by CalTexCruiser

44 minutes ago, johnnylincoln said:

Getting a little irritating now isn't it. 

I just want to see if there is a sailing that coincides with our already booked vacation time. 

First email from uk agent received but you have to call them for prices - So the embargo must have been lifted. Or they jumped the gun! Lol. 

Just seen the dates on The German Site…. Rome departures a little cheaper than Barcelona 

Edited by little britain

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Wonder's generators are more efficient. Less fuel per KWH. Also not sure if Allure got the new slippery paint for her hull.

As far as depreciation. The whole fleet is mortgaged to the hilt now, so carrying costs are eating them alive.  

Wonder may still be on more favorable financial terms than the re-financed Allure.

But I'm not an accountant 

It's been a long time since my accounting classes but I'm pretty sure depreciation has nothing to do with the mortgage. It's just the cost of the asset divided by the number of years of the "life of the asset". Not aware of cruise ship timelines, but the accepted "life of asset" don't always line up with the actual life of the asset - it's whatever GAAP has decided. 

Though if the new debt was taken on specific ships it changes the equation. I dunno if they have to make all the specifics public, but would be interesting to see how it worked out of it was buy ship. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pratique said:

Allure vs Wonder

I'm no expert on cruise line finances, but are they like the airlines where up to 75% of revenues come from business class travelers even though they make up 12% or so of flyers?

So if analogous then suite passengers would contribute a substantial amount of the revenue even though making up a very small portion of the overall passengers?  And if so, Royal should care about pissing off their higher revenue customers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CalTexCruiser said:

I'm no expert on cruise line finances, but are they like the airlines where up to 75% of revenues come from business class travelers even though they make up 12% or so of flyers?

It's not as skewed as the airlines, but suites do make up some of the revenue. RCI makes most of its profits from on board sales.