Wonder of the Seas - Not going to China after all

Kokomo91165

2 hours ago, smplybcause said:

Depreciation is counted as an expense. Instead of Royal having to take a $1B (or whatever they cost) the year they get the ship, they expense it over several years as depreciation. The rest is mostly accounting magic. You have a couple choices in how to take the depreciation depending on how you want your income statement to look. When they Amp a ship that's a capital investment so they can depreciate that too instead of taking the hit all in one year. 

I actually hate accounting because of all the choices and ways to go (and I find it boring), but I'm accounting adjacent that whenever we look at capital investments the depreciation is counted as an expense and rolls into operating costs. So I know about it on a high level - not below that though so I'm likely missing stuff, but since Royal has to follow SEC rules too I would assume it's vaguely similar to how my company does it.

Business math is a bit different than an individual's personal income/expense math. 

Thank you, interesting stuff I guess

FWIW, my original statement was more in line with actual expenses to keep the ship running

1 hour ago, Canadianmama3 said:

I take this back.   The cabins on each ship aren’t the same type.   One is a promenade view (allure) and one is an interior (wonder).   

look at the layout very closely as the cabins do not all have the same numbers as on Allure.  

And I read on another thread that someone called as was specifically told they won’t be moving people until October.  I’m really annoyed, I picked that specific cabin because there was no connecting cabin, a sofa bed (vs a Pullman) for my son.  Etc.  If I get stuck in one that’s different because they sell others I’m going to be mad.  

I believe the statement was finished by October

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I was told today by phone that the bulk of the moves will occur ON Oct. 13.  I questioned this since the letter DID say finished by October.  They insisted that what they were verbally communicating was the correct info.  CSR and a supervisor at C&A today.

If I get my assignment in the meantime, I'll be sure to update this thread. 😉

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

I was told today by phone that the bulk of the moves will occur ON Oct. 13.  I questioned this since the letter DID say finished by October.  They insisted that the what they were verbally communicating was the correct info.

If I got my assignment in the meantime, I'll be sure to update this thread. 😉

Well, these statements - "on" and "finished by" - can both be true. I am wondering what that means, though. Are they going to work on it continuously until then, and then push a button on the 13th to blast out all of the invoices at once, or are they actually going to try and do all of the moves on a single day (good luck with that). I assume a human is making these decisions, not an algorithm, so it would be labor intensive. But I could be wrong. Three weeks to wait and fret and wait. lol

3 minutes ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Where are our "extra" and "double" experts?  Perhaps they can shed some light.😉

We need an insider, but then again, based on my conversations with Royal agents, the left hand probably doesn't know what the right hand is doing, so we may never know the secret sauce. I just want to know who I have to bribe - ahem - charm, to get my cabin of choice. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

I was told today by phone that the bulk of the moves will occur ON Oct. 13.  I questioned this since the letter DID say finished by October.  They insisted that what they were verbally communicating was the correct info.  CSR and a supervisor at C&A today.

That sounds more like “don’t call us before 10/13. We are busy.”

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

FYI...the phone reps (working from their homes in various part of the world) are pretty much clueless.  

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I was shocked and amazed that they did in fact block out the suites. 

Probably not wanting to deal with the howling that would end up coming from previously booked Allure pax, (promised to be transferred).... that would be bumped by new bookings.   😉  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Probably not wanting to deal with the howling that would end up coming from previously booked Allure pax, (promised to be transferred).... that would be bumped by new bookings.   😉  

Some will still get bumped but they are seemingly trying to avoid the worst possible optics. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

Some will still get bumped but they are seemingly trying to avoid the worst possible optics. 

Time will tell.  I am still impressed they blocked out the suites.   Sold out Allure suites versus limited Wonder suites.  

Kind of like trying to stuff 10# of stuff in a 5# bag.  😉 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, island lady said:

FYI...the phone reps (working from their homes in various part of the world) are pretty much clueless.  

This is not news to me.

The C&A reps have been a little better over time than the general CSR's.  These two today never wobbled or put me on hold for ages and ages.  In fact, at one point last year, I got more help from a C&A rep than I did from the rep in the executive escalations office on a problem.

I know in the first 3 minutes whether to hang up and call back.😉

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, island lady said:

Well, the CLS passengers are SOL

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Luckily my B2B2B Allure Med/TA was in GS cabins

Our Allure TA was in a GS.

Our Med was in the OV balcony next door and was just in the process of trying to have it re-booked to a GS if the same cabin was available for both sailings. I'll be satisfied as long we're still in our GS for the longer TA

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CruisingMax1981 said:

We've had our cabin confirmed on the TA (West). Same category! Over the moon! I hope you all get good news too. Happy Friday!

If you're on the WB TA in October, come over to our Roll Call!

On 9/22/2021 at 7:03 PM, island lady said:

Time will tell.  I am still impressed they blocked out the suites.   Sold out Allure suites versus limited Wonder suites.  

Kind of like trying to stuff 10# of stuff in a 5# bag.  😉 

So what did you get?  I'm over the moon happy with my OS cabin.  Only difference is that I'm port side now rather than starboard.

1 hour ago, Teeara said:

So what did you get?  I'm over the moon happy with my OS cabin.  Only difference is that I'm port side now rather than starboard.

No email or confirmation yet...but logged into "my cruises" on RCI website and "Whooo-hooo"...I am assigned.  Same cabin 1714 (mid port side) on first two legs looping around the Med 10/16 & 10/23...but they moved us to #1752 (forward starboard).   

Was hoping to keep same cabin for all 3 legs...but if they can't do it (and I am going to call in a few minutes just to check)...it won't bother us that much to have to move once.  

At least we are back booked and in a GS again!  I am very happy!!  

• Like 2

We have had the email last week to say our Allure b2 b would me moved to Wonder, Just logged in to my cruises and still showing as one cancelled and the other as changed from 7 nt Mediterranean to 6nts in the Caribbean !