Best Path to Complaint Reservation

Tigerman4LSU

What is the best path to complaint reservation pre-cruise?  Does anyone have executive email?  

Our checkin has already happened then they canceled it forcing us recheckin.  I will not have internet access on the new day and am concerned I will not keep my noon boarding time.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tigerman4LSU said:

I will not have internet access on the new day

You can't count on any specific day being the new check in day.

On boarding day tell the check in staff that you identify as a noon customer and some executive told you to say that.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 9/17/2021 at 8:51 PM, Tigerman4LSU said:

What is the best path to complaint reservation pre-cruise?  Does anyone have executive email?  

Our checkin has already happened then they canceled it forcing us recheckin.  I will not have internet access on the new day and am concerned I will not keep my noon boarding time.  

You will spend HOURS on the phone to complain about  a 30 minute later check-in time. Not worth it to associate  your vacation with such stress and anger. Plus, you have no indication that you won’t get your original check in time. 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 4

What is the actual compliant and desired resolution?

Are you unhappy check in was cancelled, you won't have internet and cannot check in again or the possibility you may get a later check in time or an earlier check in time? 

Do you want the CEO to alert pier operations that you should be given the same check in before and unlike everyone else sailing you should be given your original check in time?  Should the CEO notify operations that opening then cancelling check in is adversely impacting some customers and to discontinue this for future cruises? 

WIth constant changing itineraries, changing vaccine requirements in countries, hiring crew etc., do you think the CEO is concerned about check in times?  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 9/17/2021 at 8:51 PM, Tigerman4LSU said:

It's better to wait until you have something concrete to complain about.  For example, what if you get a 11:30am boarding time instead?  Or the same 12:00 noon time?  Did they specify the date and time the new check-in will be?  Do you know someone you can trust with your username and password, such as a family member with internet access, who can login and choose your boarding time upon re-check-in?

• Like 4

Happened to us on our November 21 Harmony cruise. Checked in at the beginning of September, printed out the boarding passes, and now they say check in will open on 10/7. No big deal for us. We got a lousy arrival time the first go around so maybe we will get a better time on the 7th.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This has to be one of the dumbest reasons for trying to escalate an issue with Royal Caribbean.  For goodness sakes, you have no idea what will happen when check in time reopens.  You may get the same time, they may have saved and honored your old check-in.  Why people on this board complain about things before Royal even addresses what they will do to is beyond me (ie Allure to Wonder redeployment) Just wait and see and then complain if it is not satisfactory.  This would be nothing but a huge waste of time for Royal Caribbean staff, and you would possibly delay someone from getting a resolution on a “real” complaint.

<end rant>

Edited by TheBucketLister
  • Like 8

On 9/17/2021 at 7:51 PM, Tigerman4LSU said:

Me too. I will be on carnival breeze at 45 days check in. 

Mine was changed too. What good will complaining do. I think by now people got a list of ignored complaints. Mine is changing me from allure to liberty no obc. It's a downgrade, but I'm not thrilled that the new date to check in for my dec 12 liberty cruise is while I'm off on a cruise without wifi. 

Go to the back of the line, it's not just you with the same issue.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, crusinthrough said:

Are you unhappy check in was cancelled, you won't have internet and cannot check in again or the possibility you may get a later check in time or an earlier check in time? 

Do you want the CEO to alert pier operations that you should be given the same check in before and unlike everyone else sailing you should be given your original check in time?  Should the CEO notify operations that opening then cancelling check in is adversely impacting some customers and to discontinue this for future cruises? 

WIth constant changing itineraries, changing vaccine requirements in countries, hiring crew etc., do you think the CEO is concerned about check in times?  

I do think rcl is changing things too often. It's like they arent thinking thru their decisions. They dont come across as competent when they keep changing decisions. 

I'll still cruise of course, but I do think it doesnt make them look good. There is often no need to have upset things they do so often. .. my opinion. Loyalists can attack and defend the constant changing of protocols all they want. People who mindlessly attack others opinion for not liking changes ... I think to myself .. some people just are loyal no matter what. They lost their objectivity. 

Though I agree it's too much to bother to write to rcl over this .. but I'm annoyed. I'm meeting someone and might ask her to check me in for boarding. I'll wait and see how it plays out first if those already checked in keep their times. .. I was on carnival vista when it opened first time and it was closed by the time I got home yesterday. It sure isnt convenient. 

On 9/19/2021 at 8:21 AM, crusinthrough said:

I am concerned that I will be able to book the activities that you can only book on the ship.  I had everything ready to go on the original check in date and was checked in within five minutes.  For the new check in date, I will not have access to the internet.

Being in Client Satisfaction position at work, if a client had a complaint like this I would have taken ownership of it, not like the Royal Caribbean employee in Guest Resolution Department kept saying it is not my problem.  His comments do not speak well for taking ownership resolving issues.  If I said something like that I work, I would be coached and reprimanded.

23 minutes ago, Tigerman4LSU said:

I am concerned that I will be able to book the activities that you can only book on the ship.

what does that have to do with check-in?

My purchased excursions are still there, my MTD times are still booked. All the other activities (like shows) are not available for booking prior to boarding.

• Like 1

I am trying to say with later boarding time that there is a good chance the activities I want will be sold out.  With my original boarding time of noon I was confident I would get them. 

My biggest complaint is the person in the resolution department refusing to do anything and only say not my problem.  

44 minutes ago, Tigerman4LSU said:

I am trying to say with later boarding time that there is a good chance the activities I want will be sold out.  With my original boarding time of noon I was confident I would get them. 

Literally NOTHING is going to be fully booked by 3pm.  Most people are still trying to find their way out of the Windjammer by then.

45 minutes ago, Tigerman4LSU said:

My biggest complaint is the person in the resolution department refusing to do anything and only say not my problem.  

What would you have them say.... they cannot do anything about an IT issue, and what you're all hepped up about really isn't a problem anywhere but in your imagination.  

• Like 5

You might want to consider rebooking out in the future when there is more certainty. 

I’m not sure what you want to sign up fur as soon as you’re onboard, but quite a few “traditional” activities were not available on our recent cruise. Mostly due to the small number of people onboard but some were also adjusted for social distancing. 

none of the usual pool deck activities, guacamole or sushi demos, cupcakes, bellyflop, line dancing, etc we’re on our last trip. 

14 minutes ago, AustinCruise said:

You might want to consider rebooking out in the future when there is more certainty. 

I’m not sure what you want to sign up fur as soon as you’re onboard, but quite a few “traditional” activities were not available on our recent cruise. Mostly due to the small number of people onboard but some were also adjusted for social distancing. 

none of the usual pool deck activities, guacamole or sushi demos, cupcakes, bellyflop, line dancing, etc we’re on our last trip. 

On my recent Freedom cruise last week, there was line dancing by the pool, dance contests in Olive and Twist, lots of games and trivia in the Schooner Bar and Star Lounge.  None of these did you have to sign up in advance.  

It was possible to sign up for the shows in the theatre through the app or by phone once onboard but I was able to go to the Ice Show without a reservation with no problem. 

• Like 1

On 9/19/2021 at 5:11 PM, firefly333 said:

I do think rcl is changing things too often. It's like they arent thinking thru their decisions. They dont come across as competent when they keep changing decisions. 

I'm not in the RC can do no wrong fan club.  However, if people want certainty and to be able to plan everything to the last detail then this isn't a good time to cruise.  Anther type of vacation may be more suitable.  Pre COVID RC was consistent about being inconsistent.  Right now cruise lines (RC included) are trying to stay in business and there will be changes before you board and when you board.  Things literally change daily in the non cruise world so I would expect the same with cruising.  

People are unrealistic to think cruising and past experiences will be the same at this moment.  Perhaps in the future but not now. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Tigerman4LSU said:

I'm sure there will be available times with less than full capacity ships.  Pre COVID there were show times available for people that checked in later.  

I agree with the other poster that you may want to consider sailing at a different time if you need certainty and entertainment is a high priority for you.  If you have neither patience nor flexibility then this is the worst time to be on any cruise ship.   

• Like 2