What’s an item you’ve requested in the MDR.

HicksRA

15 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I always request “smaller portion size”.  Never get it! 🙂. Also, twice now head waiter has stopped by concerned, because I don’t finish my plate… (note, I had tummy surgery, so I don’t eat much)

They are not just cooking your meal but thousands in the galley it is a production line and portion size would be standardised. Same goes if you want a extra slice of roast beef you get another full meal or another piece of broccoli you get a bowl of it . 🙂

37 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I always request “smaller portion size”.  Never get it! 🙂. Also, twice now head waiter has stopped by concerned, because I don’t finish my plate… (note, I had tummy surgery, so I don’t eat much)

They've always done that.  They're really concerned that you don't like the food if you don't eat all of it lol.  April of 2018 we were on GR and at the time all I knew was that I had very little appetite, had lost weight, felt sick usually in the mornings only and a couple of other digestive things as well as tachycardia.  After we got home and about 6 weeks later and tests, I found out it was my gallbladder (gallstones and just not working right).  Had it removed, appetite came back and symptoms went away, yay!  Anyway, I could barely eat 1/3 of a meal.  I had a fruit plate for appetizer every night and then picked at my entree because I honestly didn't feel like eating much.  The wait staff was so concerned and wanted to bring me something else every night.  Not having an appetite is a weird feeling.  Anyway, I've seen them bend over backwards to try to find something that someone will eat.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, twinmommy08 said:

That’s my son’s favorite. He also orders this every night. 

He's going to grow up with the good taste in life, like me.😀 Sweet  tooth extraordinaire.

On my Oasis cruise, I had a couple sitting to the right of me in the MDR and they amazed me.  They started each with 2-3 appetizers, 2 entrees, and 3 desserts.  The waiters weren't fazed and knew what to expect.  They had not an ounce of fat.  They were American/Chinese decent and very friendly.  During dinners, I saw that the spouse kept looking down her lap and noticed that she was reading a Chinese novella on an electronic apparatus.  This occurred every night and even teased her to tell what the story was all about.😀

• Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 2:55 PM, toocruisin2 said:

I ask for steamed milk for my coffee and peanut butter for my English muffins; please don’t judge me. 😊

I like hot milk for my coffee.

And do eat toasted English muffins with peanut butter.  

What's wrong with either of these????

• Thanks 1

On 9/30/2021 at 2:35 AM, compman9 said:

I don't think twice about making sure my dinner is right in a paid for restaurant, though. DW has sent a steak back more than once in Chops. "When she says, rare, she means rare!" LOL

I was in Vegas with some buddies.  And they still tease me about this.

We were at a steak house and were ordering.  The waiter got to me and took my order, which was for Rare.  He asked, "Are you sure?"  I said yes.  He said, "That means it is cool in the center."  I looked at him and said, "It better be."

I had to send it back twice for being over done.  First time was almost medium.  The third one was barely seared. 😄

On 9/30/2021 at 5:06 PM, Hogbay said:

They are not just cooking your meal but thousands in the galley it is a production line and portion size would be standardised. Same goes if you want a extra slice of roast beef you get another full meal or another piece of broccoli you get a bowl of it . 🙂

Lol- yep, get it 🙂

On 9/28/2021 at 8:59 PM, lenquixote66 said:

If you have the right Waiter you can get them.

The problem is having to eat them every night to save  their feelings. 
I love the pumpkin seed rolls and started wanting to pull the I love Lucy trick and stuff the Savouries into my clothes. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Haha 1