Double double points expires in about 8 hours - I couldn't resist

bgoff60

Just pulled the trigger on 2 Junior Suite cruises sailing in 2022!  I had been resisting for a LONG time but when I did the math (Both were 8 day Southern Caribbean - One was a repositioning) that totaled up to 32+32 points (64)  The price was good for a JS - what's not to like with THAT math.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, bgoff60 said:

Just pulled the trigger on 2 Junior Suite cruises sailing in 2022!  I had been resisting for a LONG time but when I did the math (Both were 8 day Southern Caribbean - One was a repositioning) that totaled up to 32+32 points (64)  The price was good for a JS - what's not to like with THAT math.

We are on the same repositioning!  JS price was excellent, 

Yeah, in the last few days, booked JS's on a weekend getaway for November on Freedom because I didn't want to wait until our February cruise, and then another weekend next November on Navigator. as a mid-point filler between 2 big cruises we have booked. June/July b2b on Jewel (24 nights) and a 14 day (plus 7 pre/post) Danube cruise on Ama the following March/April. Not sure I would have booked either if it wasn't for the double points, because being in Minnesota, have to fly to any cruise.

The Nov '21 one means that instead of hitting Diamond on the last full day of our February cruise, we will hit it mid way through. And also means that we will hit D+ a few nights before the end of the 2nd leg of the b2b instead of literally the very last night/disembarkation day. 😀

1 hour ago, vjmatty said:

Question... if you pay for an upgrade now, do you lose your double points? I am after final payment and would just try for Royal Up but the price difference today is near the minimum.

No it's still the same booking.

Only if you cancel and rebook do you lose them.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Pineapple Princess said:

Very tempting for me too.  Wanted to book some fall sailings...But with CWC expiring April 30, I will have to pass.

CWC's book by date is 4/30/22, and it's sail by date is 12/31/22.  Excuse the reminder if you already knew this.

1 hour ago, pcur said:

CWC's book by date is 4/30/22, and it's sail by date is 12/31/22.  Excuse the reminder if you already knew this.

Might check the CWC FAQ.  CWC must be booked by Oct 31,2021 and sail by April 30,2022. FCC issued through the promotion must be book by April 30, 2022 and sail by Dec. 31 2022. (Or one year from issue date.....)

Edited by Pineapple Princess
Additional info
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pcur said:

I made a copy of the policy 2 days ago as I was wanting to change a sept 2022 but cant under cwc terms

It says book by oct 31 2021 as above poster notes, and for sailings thru april 2022, fccs must be applied by the end of 2022 .. but for instance I cant swap out a sept 2022 under cwc as you suggest I could. 

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I made a copy of the policy 2 days ago as I was wanting to change a sept 2022 but cant under cwc terms

It says book by oct 31 2021 as above poster notes, and for sailings thru april 2022, fccs must be applied by the end of 2022 .. but for instance I cant swap out a sept 2022 under cwc as you suggest I could. 

I think the FCC's still have to be APPLIED by 4/30/22 but now for any 2022 sailing

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

I think the FCC's still have to be APPLIED by 4/30/22 but now for any 2022 sailing

Ok I just know my ta said I cant move my sept 2022  cruise like I wanted. Cwc terms expire end of april 2022 for moving a cruise without losing your deposit.

I had it but deleted the exact wording.