"Always included" - false advertising?

ak1004

19 hours ago, zitsky said:

I want to know @jg51 position on All Included and is it false advertising?

Hello, dear "zitsky."  Long time, no chat.

We suspect that you noticed our (derisive) use of "[sic]" after our references to the "Always Included fare." 

We are going to assume (charitably) that you really want to "know [our] position" on "Always Included" -- and that you are not just "goading" us for laughs!

Shortly after Celebrity started using that term -- "Always Included" -- we got involved in at least a couple of debates, here at CruiseCritic, about how appropriate (if at all) it was of "X" to coin and use the term.

Rather than re-invent the wheel by posting our position (on "Always Included") again in this thread, we decided to link you to a short (3-page) thread, in which we posted several times on the first two pages.  Other (anti-AI) members also left good posts -- most of them better than ours!  Here is the link:

Have fun, "z"!

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Now see here, @jg51!  You should know by now that I don't do humor.

I do sarcasm.

Thank you!  I'll be here all night.

Oy Vey... here we go, again. LOL

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

24 minutes ago, zitsky said:

You do know about the ignore list.... right?  I use it so I don't have to watch animated profile pictures.

Do you not mean animated profiles only? LOL

bon voyage

18 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Do you not mean animated profiles only? LOL

bon voyage

The list can do many things.  But yes.  Animated profiles give me a headache.  I don't know why they are permitted.  You can also put people on the list.  Then they disappear... 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, simba195 said:

A question...

Now that Celebrity has the "all inclusive", the 3 perks, are they offering anything extra if you book at the Future Cruise office when onboard?  

TIA

It’s not all inclusive, it’s Always Included, hence the 3 perks they reference, Wi-Fi, tips, beverages.  Beyond that there is a cost unless you are in Royal Suite or above.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, simba195 said:

A question...

Now that Celebrity has the "all inclusive", the 3 perks, are they offering anything extra if you book at the Future Cruise office when onboard?  

TIA

You do get something on the order of $200 off the next cruise when booking while on a cruise, if that's answering the right question.

6 minutes ago, canderson said:

You do get something on the order of $200 off the next cruise when booking while on a cruise, if that's answering the right question.

6 minutes ago, canderson said:

Or is it a $200 deposit? and maybe an OBC?

Edited by Oville

32 minutes ago, simba195 said:

A question...

TIA

Pre covid and pre "All Included" when booking onboard you would receive a reduced deposit and OBC. for the cruise(s). The amount of OBC would be determined on length of the cruise and stateroom category. I hope that is still the program going forward. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, davekathy said:

Pre covid and pre "All Included" when booking onboard you would receive a reduced deposit and OBC. for the cruise(s). The amount of OBC would be determined on length of the cruise and stateroom category. I hope that is still the program going forward. 

Exactly the same now - Silhouette August and September.

• Thanks 1

I received an email today with a link to a short survey for Captain's Club Power Up points. One of the questions was whether I prefer drinks, gratuities, and Wi-Fi to be included or not. I said, "not."

Interesting that they are asking the question...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, MarkWiltonM said:

I received an email today with a link to a short survey for Captain's Club Power Up points. One of the questions was whether I prefer drinks, gratuities, and Wi-Fi to be included or not. I said, "not."

Not really surprising. X has people who read this board on CC. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MarkWiltonM said:

Options are good, I like the drinks, tips etc… it can see why some want to opt out. That said, cruises I am looking at Dec of this year, the benefit to opting out isn’t that great…don’t forget to factor in the room grats…

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

I like most of the A.I. I never use  the WiFi, so there I'm paying for something I don't use. I haven't gotten that e- mail, just giving my 2 cents.

I too have never used the Wifi, but I make up for it on drinks.  🍸

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, deliver42 said:

I like most of the A.I. I never use  the WiFi, so there I'm paying for something I don't use. I haven't gotten that e- mail, just giving my 2 cents.

Are you upset that you don’t eat all the food on the buffet, or see all the entertainment ?🤔😁

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

Not really surprising. X has people who read this board on CC. 

Do they reply?  I haven't been in the forum long but I don't see postings from them.

Hey Celebrity!!!  Add Infinity to the app list!  🙂

Edited by zitsky

36 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Do they reply?  I haven't been in the forum long but I don't see postings from them.

Hey Celebrity!!!  Add Infinity to the app list!  🙂

I'm sure someone will remember how long ago, but it has been many years since a self-identified X employee has posted here.  

• Like 1