Live and Happy from Eurodam October 6 to 30

Vict0riann

We came home through Trieste and didn’t find it hard at all.  If you have an early flight it does help if you have ship transfers if you didn’t purchase air thru HAL.  We booked air on our own but because of the transfers we were delivered to the airport in plenty of time to make the 11:20 am flight.  If you were on an early flight you had to bring your luggage down from the room yourself and to the bus.  There was staff in the hallway if help was needed.  The drivers were loading the suitcases on the bus.  It wasn’t a long or hard walk but helps if you have good rollers on your suitcases.   The bus ride takes about 2 hours and 5 minutes.  Enjoy the countryside or go back to sleep.  If you want water or food, take it with you.  They took the people with early flights directly to the airport.  The others had their luggage handled normally (suitcases outside the door by midnight) and were taken to the cruise terminal in Venice.  It was a simple, well run process.  

To add to the discussion of pastries in the dining room, there are no more baskets.  But they are on the menu and you can order them.  I did miss the baskets but it was probably better portion control for me this way, lol. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Thank you!
Maybe he learned something between taking ours on September 28 and today!

Lol. I was surprised to see their photographer make this “error” and wouldn’t be surprised it was mentioned to him.  You have a unique and memorable photo though, lol.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, canadianbear said:

Lol. I was surprised to see their photographer make this “error” and wouldn’t be surprised it was mentioned to him.  You have a unique and memorable photo though, lol.  

We threw our pictures away because of the grotesque picture hanging on the wall behind us.  What were they thinking?

We never saw the captain smile the 24 days we were on.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Riversedge said:

We threw our pictures away because of the grotesque picture hanging on the wall behind us.  What were they thinking?

We never saw the captain smile the 24 days we were on.  

That’s sad.  The photos should have been re-taken with an appropriate background.  This isn’t rocket science & really no excuse for it (just my opinion).   

If the Captain isn’t smiling that’s a concern too.   Makes me wonder what’s going on.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Riversedge said:

That is really sad. I’m sure it could have been scanned & photo shopped to eliminate the grotesque picture.  Too bad they didn’t re-do them 😔 

• Like 3

I imagine these first European cruises have been a logistical nightmare for the Captain.  We do see him around, and he nods, but this is a different experience from a normal cruise, masks, social distancing, etc.and all the chaos of port changes.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Riversedge said:

To add to the discussion of pastries in the dining room, there are no more baskets.  But they are on the menu and you can order them.  I did miss the baskets but it was probably better portion control for me this way, lol. 

It's been that way for a while on the ships I've been on (pre pandemic).  I do have what I feel is a funny story related to pastry.  The pastry guy was always trying to get me to take a pastry but I resisted.  He came by the table one day and held up the end of a loaf and told me c'mon, I have an end cut for you.  It still makes me laugh.  Thanks for the information.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2021 at 2:13 PM, Vict0riann said:

Thanks for that - actually, not today, but Monday, we will be passing over you!  I was wondering about those golf carts they used to have to take us elderly, decrepit travellers from one terminal to the other.  I had an idea they were manned by volunteers, and I don't know if they are running now.  Our airport just opened to non-travellers a week or so ago.  

You should ask at checkin if they have an expediter. It'll be worth it if the walk is hard!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chefestelle said:

Well that was a week late and a dollar short! I blame it on all the threads I'm following...

I’ll remember it for next time, I just don’t like having to wait around for a wheelchair, so I try to hitch a ride later on.  It all worked out anyway, and even my speed walking husband appreciated it.  

• Like 6

We had a notice in our door this morning that we will be tested tomorrow afternoon, in preparation for returning to Italy..  Today is Split.  We are just going to go for a walk, as we have been here a few times.  We need exercise to prepare us for the Pinnacle Gala this evening.

I asked around, and this is what the staff call the “Sticky Buns”:

6A2A2DB6-A7BF-454C-8B0E-CF786A9FC587.thumb.jpeg.2f879030ed67700229cf1c9ab59b95c8.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5

Good morning from Split, Croatia.

It is a cool morning but bright.  The ship was 40 minutes late docking and the Captain said that if we had arrived earlier it would have been impossible to dock because of the winds!

Currently we are sitting in the Crow's Nest with skinny lattes in front of us, waiting for the October sun to appear and warm the atmosphere a little.

Here are some pics of our arrival this morning....

DSCN2453.thumb.JPG.057da0c1be5e4c0218672acda8912a99.JPG

DSCN2455.thumb.JPG.9c48c32432416f63e806ea89988fbb4b.JPG

DSCN2457.thumb.JPG.b6ed40d9623d1eae95a42f85b5f99d1f.JPG

DSCN2456.JPG

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

We had a notice in our door this morning that we will be tested tomorrow afternoon

Ours is scheduled for 6.30 - 7.00 am tomorrow morning.  1. I have not seen 6.30am since I retired and 2. we are on vacation, so they have no chance that we will be getting out of bed that early to get a brain scrape at that time.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 11