Diamond status: No free laundry or free Internet minutes?

fstuff1

I'm Elite on Celebrity.

I'm probably going to take my 1st Royal cruise in a few months on Anthem.

Elite is equivalent to Diamond.

For Elite's, we get 1 bag of free laundry and 90min of upgraded internet:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/new-images/Captain's Club Benefit Brochure_072821.pdf

(Those 2 items and free drinks during happy hr (5-7pm daily) are the only good benefits for me. The rest is fluff.)

So the only usable benefit as Diamond is Daily Happy Hour in the Diamond Lounge with light h'ordeuvres and drinks?

There are several per person benefits that will be listed on a letter in your cabin from the Diamond Club concierge. While they may vary a bit by ship, there should be a BOGO beer/wine voucher, a % off drink of choice discount, an internet discount, $off a "wash&fold" laundry voucher (I believe this is still only on 5-day or longer cruises), a Bingo voucher, etc. I don't remember them al because we rarely used anything other than the drinks and internet vouchers. You will also have 4 drink vouchers loaded on your sea pass card each day that you can use any time during the day on any drink up to $13.

You also get a welcome amenity, but you have to call the C&A desk pre-cruise to tell them what you want.

Edited by orville99

This is from Adventure of the Seas out of Nassau but other than the credit towards internet packages available onboard being wrong (it's $25.99 off any internet package onboard), it'll basically be applicable on any ship.

For no charge, you have a 24-hour pass of SURF internet; this is the "slow" version of internet, and for 24 consecutive hours from whenever you choose to start using it.

The high speed SURF+STREAM version can be purchased in advance via the Cruise Planner online (there's a sale right now, ending tomorrow if you'd rather just get it now, but there'll be more over the next 2 months). During a sale, it's usually $15.99/day and you buy it for the entire sailing; this will be cheaper than buying it onboard.

CrownAndAnchor-Diamond.thumb.jpg.30e33c3d94d69c1246fed402d76f55ff.jpg

33 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

So the only usable benefit as Diamond is Daily Happy Hour in the Diamond Lounge with light h'ordeuvres and drinks?

Just to clarify there is no diamond happy hour at this time.

As someone previously posted you will get 4 drinks vouchers loaded to your card to use anytime, anywhere instead. 

4 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

I'm Elite on Celebrity.

I'm probably going to take my 1st Royal cruise in a few months on Anthem.

Elite is equivalent to Diamond.

For Elite's, we get 1 bag of free laundry and 90min of upgraded internet:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/new-images/Captain's Club Benefit Brochure_072821.pdf

(Those 2 items and free drinks during happy hr (5-7pm daily) are the only good benefits for me. The rest is fluff.)

You will get 24 hours of continuous internet being CAS diamond. Unlike with Celebrity where your elite CC 90 minutes start and stop when you log in and off. Your RC CAS internet starts when you first log in and ends at the end of 24 hours. Even if your logged off. 👎 Unfortunately with RC CAS diamond no wash and fold perk, but as mentioned a free photo. 😂

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, davekathy said:

You will get 24 hours of continuous internet being CAS diamond. Unlike with Celebrity where your elite CC 90 minutes start and stop when you log in and off. Your RC CAS internet starts when you first log in and ends at the end of 24 hours. Even if your logged off. 👎 Unfortunately with RC CAS diamond no wash and fold perk, but as mentioned a free photo. 😂

free photo with dirty clothes.

• Haha 10

10 hours ago, orville99 said:

There are several per person benefits that will be listed on a letter in your cabin from the Diamond Club concierge. While they may vary a bit by ship, there should be a BOGO beer/wine voucher, a % off drink of choice discount, an internet discount, $off a "wash&fold" laundry voucher (I believe this is still only on 5-day or longer cruises), a Bingo voucher, etc. I don't remember them al because we rarely used anything other than the drinks and internet vouchers. You will also have 4 drink vouchers loaded on your sea pass card each day that you can use any time during the day on any drink up to $13.

You also get a welcome amenity, but you have to call the C&A desk pre-cruise to tell them what you want.

If I want a more expensive drink can I use the voucher and pay the difference?

22 minutes ago, mek said:

If I want a more expensive drink can I use the voucher and pay the difference?

Yes, I was told you can (although I never did it). Almost all the cocktails come in under or at the $13 limit. There are a few wines that are over the limit, but plenty of choices at $13 or less.

I vastly prefer the 4 drink vouchers to the old system (and to Celebrity's system, which limits you to 2 hours in the evening and a very limited selection of drinks) Although you can no longer drink freely at the Diamond lounge, it is a nice space to hang out. We used it primarily for our cappuccino every morning and the chocolate-covered strawberries in the evening.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Heymarco said:

You also get a free 8x10 photo.

Doesn't have to be 8x10

9 hours ago, davekathy said:

Diamond laundry perk is $10 off a wash 'n' fold bag of laundry.  

11 hours ago, late2cruisin said:

Yes, I was told you can (although I never did it). Almost all the cocktails come in under or at the $13 limit. There are a few wines that are over the limit, but plenty of choices at $13 or less.

Thats good to know.  We don't sail until January, but I think I'm going to like the new system.  My husband takes meds and he can only have an occasional drink, so I can use his to get a couple of sodas to make back to the room.  4 drinks a day works for me.

Edited by mek

28 minutes ago, mek said:

Thats good to know.  We don't sail until January, but I think I'm going to like the new system.  My husband takes meds and he can only have an occasional drink, so I can use his to get a couple of sodas to make back to the room.  4 drinks a day works for me.

The vouchers worked very well for us.  DW found a Rose that she really likes in Vintages (Whispering Angel) that was $14 a glass.  She had to pay $1.

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

Plus gratuity? 

They don't charge a gratuity on the free drinks, but many C&A members choose to either add a tip if a receipt is given, or give a cash gratuity when the drink voucher is used.  I wrap a $1 bill around my card when I ask for the drink. 

Just now, pcur said:

They don't charge a gratuity on the free drinks, but many C&A members choose to either add a tip if a receipt is given, or give a cash gratuity when the drink voucher is used.  I wrap $1 - $2 around my card when I ask for the drink. 

16 hours ago, late2cruisin said:

is it 4 drinks per day?

if so, why would any Diamond or above buy the drinks package?

29 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

is it 4 drinks per day?

if so, why would any Diamond or above buy the drinks package?

Yes, it's 4 drinks a day. In answer to your other question, a lot people drink more than 4 drinks a day. Even after getting 4 for free, the drinks package is still a bargain for some people.

Edited by cruiseguy1016

If the drink is over $13 then they charge the extra amount plus gratuity on the whole drink. So a $14 drink becomes $16.52 and the overage is $3.52.....however this is a thing with RCG. Sometimes they will and sometimes they won't. Depending on the bartender they might charge you nothing, $1 or the whole $3.52.

Also when I become diamond in Jan. I will still be getting either the soda or refresher package, if not staying in a suite. I won't ever drink more than 3 alcoholic drinks in a day but I needs a smoothie, some PowerAde and a couple of Cokes. 

I think some people are mixing up "gratuity" (tip)  with the automatic 18% service charge  that they add to all beverage purchases (unless you have a package or the vouchers).  I was told (at Vintages) that if I ordered a $15 glass of wine, they  would charge me the $2 difference plus 36 cents service charge. (I never did test this because I found enough that I liked to drink under $13)