Is Concierge Class worth it?

Stockjock

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

For you perhaps, but not for all of us.   I enjoy the C2 locations on the S-class ships.  And on the M-class ships, the cabin interiors are larger than in regular balcony cabins.  Most of the other benefits are not worth a great deal, but the embarkation day lunch is nice (I realize that's been shelved during the pandemic), as is getting to wait in a separate lounge on the ship on disembarkation morning.  Less frenetic.

I agree!!

• Like 1

We always check to see the difference between CC and normal balcony cabins.  On M class ships the rooms are actually larger, but on S class the rooms are pretty similar.  We like having foot stools on the balcony, but we've heard they may be phasing out that benefit.  The tapas are actually kind of nice, but there is always food available elsewhere on the ship.

I would definitely go CC if the price was similar.  On some cruises we've gotten upgraded to CC when there was a price drop.  The extra loyalty points are nice as well.

• Like 2

On 10/8/2021 at 4:05 PM, LGW59 said:

To you perhaps but to others simple answer is yes.  

On 10/8/2021 at 4:18 PM, Turtles06 said:

For you perhaps, but not for all of us.   

You don't like that someone said it's not worth the money?  Isn't this the reason for the question?  to hear opinions for those that don't believe it's worth the money and opinions from those who think it does?  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, crusinthrough said:

You don't like that someone said it's not worth the money?  Isn't this the reason for the question?  to hear opinions for those that don't believe it's worth the money and opinions from those who think it does?  

Certainly not what I said.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Concierge class cabins are bigger on M class ships and it's nice to have the extra room. On S class, we'll book a concierge cabin on the hump because the balconies are bigger and you're higher up on the ship which makes for great views. On Edge class, if you're like me and not a fan of the infinite veranda,  they're all the same size, so nothing really sets them apart. You might as well save money and book the regular cabin or splurge and go into a sky suite with a for real balcony.

• 1 month later...

I have a Sweet 16 double sized balcony on an upcoming sailing (soon).  I know that they have Concierge Class cabins available and I'm considering bidding on one for pretty cheap ($100-$150 per couple).  Not sure if I'd get it, but wondering if it's worth considering?  Or better to just stick with the Sweet 16 cabin due to the large size of the balcony?  This would be on Summit, which is an M Class ship.

Edited by Stockjock

41 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

I have a Sweet 16 double sized balcony on an upcoming sailing (soon).  I know that they have Concierge Class cabins available and I'm considering bidding on one for pretty cheap ($100-$150 per couple).  Not sure if I'd get it, but wondering if it's worth considering?  Or better to just stick with the Sweet 16 cabin due to the large size of the balcony?  This would be on Summit, which is an M Class ship.

I would only do this if I could guarantee I'd get one of the CC aft cabins. Since this is not possible, there's no chance I'd bid.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2021 at 5:29 PM, Froufie said:

So in the bathrooms of Concierge class do they provide shower gel/shampoo/conditioner in the shower which are different from regular cabins?  Or same products?  

Concierge & Aquaclass on the Summit have CO Bigelow products-I believe regular class is no name

On 10/6/2021 at 2:33 PM, Stockjock said:

Just booked a short cruise for 2022.  Grabbed an interesting Concierge Class cabin, which is not only larger, but has a teak floored balcony with a table, 2 loungers and 2 chairs and is maybe 2.5 times the size of a normal balcony (if not larger).

Was wondering about Concierge Class, which I haven't tried.  Other than the cabin itself, which is obviously larger, is there any benefit that you've found useful and that would, in and of itself, justify the higher cost?

No, not for me. 

2 hours ago, Stockjock said:

It's worth considering because of a much better location on the ship and a larger cabin.  But you would need to get a C1 to get the larger balcony.

27 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

It's worth considering because of a much better location on the ship and a larger cabin.  But you would need to get a C1 to get the larger balcony.

But not all of the CC cabins are a lot larger or in much better locations, correct?

We sailed Concierge on the Reflection two weeks ago.   Perks on this cruise:

• C2 cabin on the hump on Deck 12.   Larger balcony with great views. 
  • Embarkation lunch in the Opus Dining Room was wonderful!   We were greeted with a free glass of champagne/mimosa and enjoyed a leisurely lunch. 
  • Afternoon canapes were better than previous Concierge cruises
  • Concierge located on the same deck as our stateroom. 
  • Helipad Sail-Away with champagne/mimosas on the last port day (Nassau).
  • Concierge Disembarkation lounge with coffee/tea/juice and pastries in the Opus Dining Room Deck 4.  

I love Concierge! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Stockjock said:

But not all of the CC cabins are a lot larger or in much better locations, correct?

On M class ships all CC and AQ cabins are larger 191 sq ft than the other veranda categories 169 sq ft.   While there are a very few CC that are a bit larger or with "special" balconies the chances of being assigned one of these via MoveUp are slim to none.  These are all booked very early and are in the highest sub categories (price).

57 minutes ago, Saturngrl said:

We sailed Concierge on the Reflection two weeks ago.   Perks on this cruise:

• C2 cabin on the hump on Deck 12.   Larger balcony with great views. 
  • Embarkation lunch in the Opus Dining Room was wonderful!   We were greeted with a free glass of champagne/mimosa and enjoyed a leisurely lunch. 
  • Afternoon canapes were better than previous Concierge cruises
  • Concierge located on the same deck as our stateroom. 
  • Helipad Sail-Away with champagne/mimosas on the last port day (Nassau).
  • Concierge Disembarkation lounge with coffee/tea/juice and pastries in the Opus Dining Room Deck 4.  

I love Concierge! 

Thanks for the great update.  Can you tell me what time the lunch is served on embarkation day?  Going to pick my check in time soon and want to make sure we can still make it?   Also it is true there are robes AND slippers provided in the cabin?

12 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Yes, all of the concierge class cabins are larger.  As for location, it depends on what you like.  I hate being forward.  That's where the Sweet 16 are.  I define better location as midship or aft, close to the aft elevators.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Froufie, 

On the Reflection, the Concierge luncheon was from 12:30 to 2:00 p.m.  to accommodate the later boarding times. 

We had robes in our closet, but no slippers.   There were no slippers offered in the spa, either.   Hope this information helps! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saturngrl said:

Froufie, 

On the Reflection, the Concierge luncheon was from 12:30 to 2:00 p.m.  to accommodate the later boarding times. 

We had robes in our closet, but no slippers.   There were no slippers offered in the spa, either.   Hope this information helps! 

Slippers are AQ and above.