Is Concierge Class worth it?

Stockjock

21 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Slippers are AQ and above.  

Concierge robes are a waffle cotton fabric. Robes in Aqua are heavier terry cloth. Which would be preferred depends upon where you are going. In Aqua, if you would prefer the lighter robes, you can request they be swapped.

23 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

Concierge robes are a waffle cotton fabric. Robes in Aqua are heavier terry cloth. Which would be preferred depends upon where you are going. In Aqua, if you would prefer the lighter robes, you can request they be swapped.

We are in a concierge class cabin on the Silhouette right now, and have often sailed in CC. The robes are very heavy terry cloth. Our attendant has already swapped ours our for the lighter robes. 😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

We are in a concierge class cabin on the Silhouette right now, and have often sailed in CC. The robes are very heavy terry cloth. Our attendant has already swapped ours our for the lighter robes. 😊

lol sounds like someone before you already did that 🙂

7 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

Concierge class robes have always been the heavier terry cloth.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Guppy99 said:

Not in my experience. Concierge on the Summit always had the lighter waffle robes.

My experience on Summit in Concierge has always been the heavy robes.   Was just on in Nov in a FV and had the light robes (no longer waffle) but DW asked for one of  the heavy ones and one was supplied.

12 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

Not in my experience. Concierge on the Summit always had the lighter waffle robes.

Well, in my experience, concierge class on the Summit and all the other ships has always been the heavier terry cloth robes.  There were times when I would have wished for a lighter robe.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Well, in my experience, concierge class on the Summit and all the other ships has always been the heavier terry cloth robes.  There were times when I would have wished for a lighter robe.

The light waffle robes are best when in the Caribbean. Terry ones much too warm.

On 10/8/2021 at 9:14 AM, Saturngrl said:

I always sail Concierge.   Yes, the canape's are meh.  The perks I enjoy: 

• Embarkation Day lunch in the MDR.  I know they have moved this to the first Sea Day, which is a disappointment to me. 
  • Welcome bottle of bubbly or vino.   We like asking our Steward for this perk to enjoy Sail Away from our balcony. 
  • Cabin location mid-ship.
  • Occasional special "Concierge-only" sailaways on the helipad or other special event. 
  • The Concierge-only lounge on Disembarkation Day.  It's a quiet place away from the crowds, with coffee, tea and pastries to send us off.  
  • Having other passengers ask why our Sea Pass cards are gold, lol!

I would agree.  The canapes are not the most delicious!  However, there are a few other perks and the chairs on the balcony have foot rests!  That's a biggie for me.  In the olden days (lol) we also had a pitcher of ice water and a bowl of fruit every day.  The visit to the helipad, backstage at the theater, and a few other goodies made it worth the few extra bucks.

40 minutes ago, baypeople said:

I would agree.  The canapes are not the most delicious!  However, there are a few other perks and the chairs on the balcony have foot rests!  That's a biggie for me.  In the olden days (lol) we also had a pitcher of ice water and a bowl of fruit every day.  The visit to the helipad, backstage at the theater, and a few other goodies made it worth the few extra bucks.

since when is backstage at the theater and visit to the helipad included with concierge? Is that new?

53 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

since when is backstage at the theater and visit to the helipad included with concierge? Is that new?

I was in a C2 cabin on the equinox in 2019 and did not receive an invite to the helipad. 

1 hour ago, baypeople said:

The canapés were pretty awful most times. Brought cheese and crackers back to the cabin from the Oceanview restaurant to enjoy with a drink on balcony. 

2 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

A sailaway from the helipad is not a listed perk of concierge class. A couple of years ago, it started happening on some ships, apparently at the discretion of the powers that be. We’re in a CC cabin on the Silhouette right now, and CC folks have been invited to the helipad for our sailaway from Sint Maarten tomorrow.  🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Especially when if you ask nicely and write in what you desire.  Found little benefit to Concierge.

None of the staff ever wants to say no. However, it does not seem right to ask for something off menu. This causes difficulty on the back end that you may not even be aware of.

4 hours ago, drakes2 said:

The canapés were pretty awful most times. Brought cheese and crackers back to the cabin from the Oceanview restaurant to enjoy with a drink on balcony. 

When we asked our stateroom attendant not to bring them, he asked if there was anything else we'd prefer. He was more than happy to provide us with cheese & crackers and some grapes instead of the daily canapes.

4 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

A sailaway from the helipad is not a listed perk of concierge class. A couple of years ago, it started happening on some ships, apparently at the discretion of the powers that be. We’re in a CC cabin on the Silhouette right now, and CC folks have been invited to the helipad for our sailaway from Sint Maarten tomorrow.  🙂

We've had invite to the helipad sailaway on both our 2017 & 2018 cruises.