Show vax card only once

weregoingcruising

They don’t keep copies for privacy reasons.   Actually in the app you are suppose to scan your card in but once submitted you can’t pull it up again.   

Then when you checkin they of course scan it in again.    

Also on our Caribbean cruise a couple weeks ago you had to physically have it on you had to show security to get off the ship.   In Bonaire the local officials wanted to examine it before leaving port. 

I suspect that to avoid complaints about privacy issues, they delete personal information, particularly medical information, at the conclusion of a cruise. Like a passport, the card may simply become something that you get used to carrying around when you know it will be required and tuck away in a safe place when it isn't. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, acwmom said:

I did lose mine, but have an official copy from the state immunization registry, which I can print whenever I need it, save it to my phone, computer, etc.

Just adding for those who may not know this that every state has an immunization registry with info on the various vaccinations that its residents have received (not just for Covid).  How a resident gets access to her info in the registry varies by state, but I think it’s a good idea to get an official record of your Covid-19 vax info from your state registry and save it, as @acwmomhas done, even if you have your CDC card.  Belts and suspenders for this critical info. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Just adding for those who may not know this that every state has an immunization registry with info on the various vaccinations that its residents have received (not just for Covid).  How a resident gets access to her info in the registry varies by state, but I think it’s a good idea to get an official record of your Covid-19 vax info from your state registry and save it, as @acwmomhas done, even if you have your CDC card.  Belts and suspenders for this critical info. 

It depends.  I went round and round trying to get access to the NC state registry.  I never got a straight answer.

16 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Not every state.  I’m all vaccinated but not in the registry.

As am I, two Pfizer shots in Florida and a Pfizer booster a few days ago in Massachusetts.

Edited by Oville

3 hours ago, Fouremco said:

I suspect that to avoid complaints about privacy issues, they delete personal information, particularly medical information, at the conclusion of a cruise. Like a passport, the card may simply become something that you get used to carrying around when you know it will be required and tuck away in a safe place when it isn't. 

this is exactly what we were told, on B2B vaccine cards, passports, & credit cards are all reloaded in the system manually...  they aren't allowed to store any of that type of information.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Just adding for those who may not know this that every state has an immunization registry with info on the various vaccinations that its residents have received (not just for Covid).  How a resident gets access to her info in the registry varies by state, 

I have forgotten the name now of the registry for Florida, but it is physician only access. 

I sent a snail mail letter request to my Primary Care Provider, and received a printed page back in the mail in a few weeks. It goes back to 2004.

Good to have. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

this is exactly what we were told, on B2B vaccine cards, passports, & credit cards are all reloaded in the system manually...  they aren't allowed to store any of that type of information.

You are correct.   On our B2B they scanned everything again. 

Also on initial check in at the Piers we were asked for our Vax card no less than 3 times.  1st was a pre-check before entering the pier, then at going up to the Retreat Checkin and finally in the lounge where they shot a picture of it.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, zitsky said:

It depends.  I went round and round trying to get access to the NC state registry.  I never got a straight answer.

Yeah... apparently we could only access it on the "NC Vaccine Portal" (maybe) if we got vax'd at a state-level health agency (like maybe UNC Healthcare). I didn't.

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

Are you registered at that website b/c I have tried to access it and I have been given the run around by everyone.

I am not. I am in KY and am registered with their website. My husband is able to access his through his physician office's MyChart portal.

It seems we have it relatively easy in Australia.

Our Vaccination is loaded to our personal Medicare records, which we can easily access securely.

My certificate is now on my phone, as we are required to :

(a) check in with a QR code at every business we visit and now as we come out of lockdown,

(b) we also have to show proof of Vaccination on entering most businesses other than supermarkets.

Both (a) and (b) have become a normal part of our daily lives.