Check-in time

Sayuil

Just wondering what is the earliest check-in times you have seen on your recent sailing. We are on Jewel of the seas on November 15. I see 12pm as the first available slot for check-in. Did I miss earlier slots or they don’t allow earlier times or they maybe reserved for priority members

27 minutes ago, Sayuil said:

Just wondering what is the earliest check-in times you have seen on your recent sailing. We are on Jewel of the seas on November 15. I see 12pm as the first available slot for check-in. Did I miss earlier slots or they don’t allow earlier times or they maybe reserved for priority members

You could miss 12pm too ...

2 hours ago, Sayuil said:

One week on Jewel it's 1130, others so far it's 12. On B5B Nov-Dec myself. Checked in hr they were released

12:00 was the earliest on Anthem with suite guests (including JS) permitted to check in an hour before. We arrived early due to light traffic and had to wait outside for a short while until they opened the terminal doors at 11:00.

11 minutes ago, slyster said:

I haven't cruised in a couple of years.  When do folks reserve check in times?  We booked for August 22.  Thanks!

When you check in on their app or website. You are asked to select a arrival time window. Even before COVID, I saw this but now it’s strongly enforced. They don’t let you in terminal before your selected time, atleast that’s what I read on forum.

58 minutes ago, Sayuil said:

When you check in on their app or website. You are asked to select a arrival time window. Even before COVID, I saw this but now it’s strongly enforced. They don’t let you in terminal before your selected time, atleast that’s what I read on forum.

How far before a cruise do you "check in"?  I remember this too, but because it was never enforced, I didn't pay attention.

1 minute ago, slyster said:

How far before a cruise do you "check in"?  I remember this too, but because it was never enforced, I didn't pay attention.

I am not sure, for me it was available right when I booked since the sailing was so close. But it does say it has to be done 3 days before check-in

2 hours ago, slyster said:

I haven't cruised in a couple of years.  When do folks reserve check in times?  We booked for August 22.  Thanks!

Sarah, by the time August 2022 rolls around, things/protocols/processes could be completely different.  Current experiences are not likely to be  helpful to you.  Sometimes planning far in advance is not the best idea.  🙂 

I thought 1 pm was the earliest, until I noticed the 12 pm option.  

Check in used to be 60 days in advance, as far as I remember, but now is not available until 45 days for 7 night cruise.  

I actually checked in under the old program, then had to go back in at 45 days to recheck to see what was registered for me.  They kept my old info.  

1 hour ago, island lady said:

I thought 1 pm was the earliest, until I noticed the 12 pm option.  

Check in used to be 60 days in advance, as far as I remember, but now is not available until 45 days for 7 night cruise.  

I actually checked in under the old program, then had to go back in at 45 days to recheck to see what was registered for me.  They kept my old info.  

Good, they kept original for you. Last 2 weeks on Jewel It's 11:30 earliest on one sailing and Noon on other's. But guess later check in closer to going straight to Cabin, though I'm usually one the first in Building and Boarding

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ONECRUISER said:

Good, they kept original for you. Last 2 weeks on Jewel It's 11:30 earliest on one sailing and Noon on other's. But guess later check in closer to going straight to Cabin, though I'm usually one the first in Building and Boarding

Yeah, it's time consuming to fill out that check in info, especially if you a have a few cruises booked indeed.  Seems I remember RCI used to hold most of your info/profile...making it minimal to fill out.  Could be wrong, would have been awhile.  

Happy I did not have to fill out that form all over again for my upcoming B2B.  🙂 

We like getting to the ship early as well,  but the best thing I like about Oasis class...is going straight to CK, drop the carry ons, and have a nice relaxing lunch on embarkation day while we wait for cabin to open. 😉 

• Like 1

Chiming in since there are a few B2B (b5B) cruisers. For our B2Bs ( one set completed, one set checked in, 3 sets still on the books) I select a late check in for our second leg. No check in time is needed at all, and I can’t see any reason to use up an early time slot and keep someone else (who needs it) from having it. 

Not sure if others use this philosophy . 

my 2 cents. 
m

8 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Sarah, by the time August 2022 rolls around, things/protocols/processes could be completely different.  Current experiences are not likely to be  helpful to you.  Sometimes planning far in advance is not the best idea.  🙂 

Very good point….I’ll slow my roll LOL.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sayuil said:

I am not sure, for me it was available right when I booked since the sailing was so close. But it does say it has to be done 3 days before check-in

At 3 days before check-in, you'll get a check-in time 30 minutes before the gangway closes for departure,,, strictly enforced.